Island disappoints!

Balok
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Island disappoints!

Postby Balok » Thu 03 Mar 2016, 16:19

That Empress' island, with its empty forest and some other thing I can't find, is a big disappointment. If you're handing something out as a reward for *actual cash money paid*, don't make me waste time finding it, and have it be worth finding. I'll think twice before supporting one of these campaigns in the future.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Hunter105
Citoyen

Re: Island disappoints!

Postby Hunter105 » Thu 03 Mar 2016, 16:34

Have you bothered to ask anyone? I don't even have it available and I know where it is just because I glance at chat..

The support team is rather small and so they only get so much done, I don't think they want to spend their time spoon feeding you like an infant.. If taking a few minutes, just 120 seconds or so to ask someone is too tough maybe you shouldn't be playing games.

As for the value of the rewards? I am pretty sure if you bought the lowest package you would at least get the value of your *actual cash money paid* in the base amount + extra BC + Adventure chests not even including the other premiere access.

So you can not participate in the event and just buy BC but you won't get a special deal on those and you won't get the best bang for your buck. (That means the most from your money)

I don't think Virty's wants to release mega bonuses to paying players because it can ruin the experience for others which would inturn hurt their already low player counts. I'd be a little sad if it allowed some mega bonus that I would never be able to get but others could just because I didn't have the money at that give time.

Well that's my input, enjoy!

Deva
Bourlingueur

Postby Deva » Thu 03 Mar 2016, 16:44

What bonuses would you have liked?

Sidenote: Resembles Betanesque Inn. Was exclusive to early testers. Sold seven items: Cyanblue Dye, Greengold Dye, Vargr Dye, Solonide Dye, Beta Tabard, Artisan’s Crown, and Beta’s Apron.

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Thu 03 Mar 2016, 17:07

I'm not really sure what bonuses I would have liked. Maybe some difficult to find materials. What's on that island is... nothing, as far as I can tell. Now, granted, they were very vague in what they said would be there. And, yes, I probably got sufficient value from the blue crowns alone.

What I am saying is that I made a mistake in assuming the rewards offered there would have some value and as far as I can tell they do not. Therefore, during a future promotion, I will assume that non-specific promises are valueless, rather than trusting that they would have some value. That's actually the way the world generally works, so it shouldn't have disappointed me. But it did. I suppose I expected better.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Thu 03 Mar 2016, 17:08

I have to admit I was little underwhelmed with the island at first. Then I realized I could apply the styles to basically any armor. So, I've been having fun turning leather armor into harnois. One thing you also have to remember; not everything is released yet. There's more stuff coming from the kickstarter campaign. So, all in all, not too bad.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

TheHarvester
Emperator

Postby TheHarvester » Thu 03 Mar 2016, 17:42

I think it's o.k. Everyone that supports the game can show that by just looks cool ;) ... not getting "pay to win" advantage.

Cyram
Emperator
Realm: Filgar

Postby Cyram » Thu 03 Mar 2016, 19:16

I think the "mistake" or rather the problem right now is that people are keen for a content update. As in, e.g., the Den dungeon, or the new attack / defense buffs etc.
In my opinion, the island does exactly what it is supposed to do (hand out the cosmetic rewards and, later on, some special pets probably in that forest) and that's fine. But at the same time, it is not really "content" (as in having an impact besides cosmetics) so naturally, players who were expecting that are disappointed.

Maybe, in the future, it would be a better communication strategy to emphasize that an update is almost entirely cosmetic and not drop vague hints about "some extra stuff" (like the root).

That being said, I very much like the cosmetic stuff :)

Hunter105
Citoyen

Postby Hunter105 » Thu 03 Mar 2016, 19:44

Just apologizing for being overly rude, I had just been woken up and was in a poor mood. My apologies everyone.

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Fri 04 Mar 2016, 01:18

Personally, I thought the island was about right. Mostly cosmetic, but not entirely without reward: in the duel I won a barkhein dagger worth 20g.

I do have a question: I thought that the higher level packages included access to the lower level perks as well. But I only see one type of style available in the shop. Isn't there supposed to be a style for each level?

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Fri 04 Mar 2016, 15:38

Hunter105 wrote:Just apologizing for being overly rude, I had just been woken up and was in a poor mood. My apologies everyone.

No worries on my account. This forum is for offering opinions, and that's what we've both done.

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Sun 27 Mar 2016, 14:51

All the daggers appear to be worth 20g or so. I haven't found a use for them, although I suppose one might sell them.

Montellano
Défricheur

Postby Montellano » Sun 27 Mar 2016, 16:59

I bought the lowest tier package and am satisfied with the Island. I have access to a place others do not, the daggers are decorative, cool, and worth much. Color me happy!

Return to “General”