Things I believe would improve the game

Balok
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Things I believe would improve the game

Postby Balok » Sat 19 Nov 2016, 16:18

Just a few of my ideas.

1) A way to list all your companions, by name, type, and concession where they are. Even better would be the ability to sort that list by any of those properties.

2) A way to look at the facilities in a concession without "going there". That is, when I click on a concession show me what facilities are there like you would if I was traveling to it.

3) If I'm where there's a mailbox, but I've queued up some tasks that take me away from that mailbox, I can't use the mailbox. If the tasks end somewhere where there's a mailbox, I can't use that one, either. It would be nice if I could use the mailbox where my character is even if he's going to end his task list somewhere else. If I've queued a lot of tasks, stopping them all and then remembering to start them all is tedious, and in my view, should be unnecessary.

4) The character selection screen, where you pick who you'll be running, shows the character's current state of energy, health, and gold. That's all useful. Also useful would be a time (or day and time) when the last of the character's currently queued tasks ends. Could you add that?

5) Put the archaeology and general tabs, and the Norstria territory, back in the game guide. Yes, I know they exist, and those who know where to look can find them - but new players won't. People who play long enough to reach Norstria will have learned how to find it from others, more than likely. But the general and archaeology tabs are useful to new players.

6) While on the subject of the general tab, how about adding the amount of space a concession requires to the game guide?

Thanks for reading.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Balok
Bâtisseur

Re: Things I believe would improve the game

Postby Balok » Sun 02 Apr 2017, 15:04

Another useful feature: allow people to move their houses. Occasionally someone joins a guild and discovers they have constructed a house so near a guild facility that it's difficult to access one of them. Perhaps for a few BC, grant individuals the right to reposition a house within the same region (i.e. if it's in Giant Plains the new location must lie within Giant Plains). Dismantling a house and rebuilding it elsewhere is certainly possible, but it is pointlessly time consuming and expensive for areas where the facilities are made from expensive and/or rare materials.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Sun 02 Apr 2017, 17:31

Hello :D

It's somewhere in our list*. For the moment if you have that problem, you can contact the support (support@virtys.com) and ask us to move your home and we will move it between 1 and 3 points in the direction you asked.

* I think we have the biggest ideas / to do list of the world, hem ^^'
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

isprite
Citoyen
Realm: -

Postby isprite » Sun 02 Apr 2017, 19:28

If there is access to a mailbox located in one of the task items, then mailboxes in homes and guilds will no longer be needed. I just put the last task on the mailbox, send the goods and cancel this task.

TuXes
Défricheur

Postby TuXes » Fri 07 Apr 2017, 03:55

Yea this are great improvements we can all benefit for sure there are also some like sell all dungeon weapon/armor junk from my inventory :P lol also let me queue over a 100 planks to cut at once its tedious to queue 100 and 100 and 43 can we get 243 at once. The game will need a major polish but those are all small things we would rather get new content more often it is not a big deal atm compared to more map expansion right?

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Mon 10 Apr 2017, 15:40

You can sell most of the junk you collect - weapons and armor - in the cities. If you really have stuff you can't sell, you can buy Shesal Al for a concession for blue crowns. She will absolutely buy anything you care to sell her, but she sells nothing - if you sell it to her it is gone from the game.

TuXes
Défricheur

Postby TuXes » Wed 12 Apr 2017, 02:48

sell all as in sell it all with one click not spend an hour selling one by one

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Wed 12 Apr 2017, 15:31

TuXes wrote:sell all as in sell it all with one click not spend an hour selling one by one

Ah, I misunderstood. They need a "deposit all" function, was well.

However, a player would have to be extremely careful with "sell all" and they would probably get support requests. "I accidentally sold my 50 Boen idol because it was in a pile with a bunch of stuff and I 'sold all'. Can you get it back?" That's not an easy problem to solve, and it's harder when you have relatively few people working on a project. Maybe if they limited "sell all" so it was difficult to sell stuff that's not easy to replace... but now the code is more complicated.

GreaterMes0
Défricheur
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby GreaterMes0 » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 14:54

Deposit all is definitely of the QoL additions that will be great for this. Small things similar to that will go a long way.

Good suggestions especially sorting companion properties.

joingy

TuXes
Défricheur

Postby TuXes » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 08:01

sell all armor and weapons under 2g/5g/10g... or something like that obviously sell all alone would not work. limited to only the 1st bag or 2nd bag or whatever you set it out to

cheers

TuXes wojtek

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Tue 18 Apr 2017, 14:45

A pet peeve is the game allows one to go past 100% when recruiting companions. I've tried to prevent this but it's random enough that I have companions that are partially recruited. Place a hard stop at 100%, please.

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Tue 18 Apr 2017, 15:17

infael wrote:A pet peeve is the game allows one to go past 100% when recruiting companions. I've tried to prevent this but it's random enough that I have companions that are partially recruited. Place a hard stop at 100%, please.

I'd be very much against this as it would prevent the recruitment of multiples of the same companion. It seems it would be better if the recruitment progress bar took into account all queued actions, making it easier to see when 100% is reached.

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 00:35

When I say "hard stop", I don't mean make that companion unrecruitable thereafter.

Return to “General”