Endgame Combat

DarkShade
Emperator
Realm: Fauconnia

Endgame Combat

Postby DarkShade » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 08:29

What potions and poisons do you a lot of you use for trying to farm the endgame bosses, like Iriza and the Owl.
What piercing offense coordination vial and poison are economic for fighting them regularly?

Ambrielle
Emperator

Re: Endgame Combat

Postby Ambrielle » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 14:36

Can I add, "What armour do you use?" to the mix.

I'm slowly making a set of knod/kdel to replace the odi / dom I've had for about a year. Slowly as it's limited by krya mining and raising forging and herbalism to make forging potions - the gap from the legs to the armet is not small and I need to get into runic potion making to overcome it. That combination appears the best option on balance provided I can keep mobs away from using pierce.

Morlock
Citoyen

Postby Morlock » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 16:08

Learn the astrishield recipe and forging is much easier to skill up.

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 18:08

well armor.. ;D guess everybody has his/her preferred way to go..

May armor of choice is nod/mane since it has pretty high pierce (good for owl and also works for Irizia) together with the Astrishield nod/nod/noc leather and I usually never change out of it.
for pierce poison I used something like walhein, draconic heart and star of Jotun I believe. Pierce mebranes are a bit weird concerning the calculation and I couldn't find anything great, I think I reached around 3 with different components but sand and jewelry mount don't seem to have much influence.
potion ... either I go all out on runic if I feel generous or I use a Bemefocalo, Dodi strand, Lamden Mariglacius Coordination vial.

about the economic part..well... not really economic fighting the owl.. If your stats are high enough though you don't necessarily need to go all out on potions and poison stuff.

DarkShade
Emperator

Postby DarkShade » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 21:57

I have both a kdel/dom and knod/kdel armor set, and a kdel/kdel shield, plus I'm working on a kman/cato shield as well.

It just seems that, with the 5% or so at best, success rate on beating the owl I've heard from other players, you wouldn't be able to continuously pump out runic coord horns, or coord vials with bemefocalo, dodi, and lam glam. Those resources are just too rare, even for those of us at the end (I think).

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 22:14

well the potion lasts a few fights and lamden matr, dodir, bemefocalo is not thaaat hard to get (not talking about irandgart here ;D ) I find poisons and membranes more of a pain in the ass.. Anyways I gave up on the owl for now... I have my shoes and the rumored elicard drop seems so unlikely that is it just not worth it for me at the moment.

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Wed 07 Dec 2016, 16:39

Morlop wrote:well the potion lasts a few fights and lamden matr, dodir, bemefocalo is not thaaat hard to get (not talking about irandgart here ;D ) I find poisons and membranes more of a pain in the ass.. Anyways I gave up on the owl for now... I have my shoes and the rumored elicard drop seems so unlikely that is it just not worth it for me at the moment.

My success rate with the Owl was about 8% (99/97 pierce) and I quit fighting him once I had enough beaks to make the boots.
Izira is MUCH MUCH more worth it especially at a 85-90% success rate w/out poisons.

Return to “General”