mining simblior in Den

infael
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

mining simblior in Den

Postby infael » Sun 18 Dec 2016, 22:43

Theriansim says the only rails for stone capable of mining simblior require salancedar with brass ingot(45 extracting). What woods can be used with say, odi or blueroc ingots?

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Re: mining simblior in Den

Postby Morlop » Sun 18 Dec 2016, 23:09

öh I'm not sure I understand your question... As far as I know you can theoretically mine simblior with any rails as long as you have enough skill yourself... meaning you don't have to have a 45 rail you just have to reach an effective skill overall off 45 in stone extracting.

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Mon 19 Dec 2016, 07:59

salancedar + brass? wtf? what did you do with threriansim to get that bs? :shock: If salancedar is used then don't you dare to use anything but kmane for 57 rails for stone

Maracor
Emperator

Postby Maracor » Mon 19 Dec 2016, 12:53

I can't remember what I used for my simblior quarry, but it's only 39 extraction, so it was probably steel/nuerte. It works fine.
If you absolutely *must* have 45, dom/mela should do the job.

beshak
Défricheur

Postby beshak » Mon 19 Dec 2016, 18:19

I got marapis quarry with 34 lvl rails and can extract simblior with 87% presence

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Tue 20 Dec 2016, 00:10

I thought the level of the machine had to equal the skill needed to gather. The game guide says simblior needs 45 skill to extract. I'll try one of the combinations posted. Thanks all!

Morlock
Citoyen

Postby Morlock » Tue 20 Dec 2016, 00:20

No, the level of the machine does not have to equal the level of the item you are gathering. You're effective skill has to equal the difficulty of the item you are gathering and the machine will give you a location bonus. It will also increase the presence of (except for taming, which has no presence bonus) by half of the machines skill value.

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Wed 21 Dec 2016, 21:03

The reason I thought a machine had to equal the skill needed to gather mats is because I have a 26 maple quarry in Shortblades. I can get mara and lanferite but not odiemel or iron, per the game guide. Wiki says Rails for Ore is a prospecting machine in addition to being an extracting machine.

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Thu 22 Dec 2016, 16:28

A rails for ore will get ore in a mine and nothing in a quarry.
A rails for stone will get stone in a quarry and gems/fuel in a mine.

You have built a quarry with a rails for stone and therefore you will only get stone. You must build a mine with rails for ore to get ore.

What is available has absolutely nothing to do with the power of your mechanism. The presence of what is available can be modified with the power of the mechanism. For example, if the presence of simblior is 40% and you use a 40 power mechanism, you will increase the presence of simblior to 60%. (final_presence = original_presence + 0.5(power_of_mechanism/100).

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Fri 23 Dec 2016, 00:54

infael wrote:Wiki says Rails for Ore is a prospecting machine in addition to being an extracting machine.

Rails for ore only work in a mine. They will let you prospect for ores and/or nuggets available where you build. Rails for ore placed in a quarry are valueless. (Yes, I did that as a new player. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.)

Rails for stones work in a mine, where they let you extract gems and fuels available where you build. Or they work in a quarry where they let you extract lumps available where you build.

Half the skill level of the rails adds to the presence of the item. In the case of lumps present at 100% this has no effect. But with gems, ore, and fuels you usually get a randomly generated number within a range, for example, 1-3. If the presence (of a gem) is 100%, then rails of 34 or better (adding 17 to the presence for a total of 117%) can increase the yield. This happens because the game multiplies the presence by the upper limit of the range, and then rounds up. In this case this would mean a "presence" of 3 would be "351%" at the high end, which rounds up to 4. So with such a set of rails your gem yield would be 1-4. If that matters. That's not a great explanation but it's the way I've found it works. Someone made a spreadsheet which figures this out for you based on presence and machine quality, hunt around and you'll find it.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Return to “General”