Back with a BOOM x2

TuXes
Défricheur
Realm: Fauconnia

Back with a BOOM x2

Postby TuXes » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 23:14

Now off to a more interesting ideas. This has been brewing for some time been trying to figure out how to make it so that players get a better chance at exploring the game and a better chance at sticking around.

This is already happening on some level but a system in place will help us do so much more. Not to mention not everyone has the attention span or time to watch over the chat like a hawk most of us go to private chat a lot of the time. Some of us do but I think there is a better way. Now I can sit and explain why new players connecting with an experienced player is a big step towards success but I rather talk about something less obvious that you are going to love.

So lets get into it.... It's about time we put all these titles to use don't you think? Emperator princania royanar baronis lets add some dukes knights peasants and the highest of them all the King of the new World. Does this get you interested? read on

Everyone needs to be ranked from a peasant to a king there can only be 1 King of the New World and of course it comes with some benefits.

Now when you reach lanfar you become a knight or whatever the devs decide to name it in the chain. When you become a knight it opens a new option to the game now you can recruit followers [ are you liking where i am going with this? :) ]. The followers are the new players based on your status a knight duke baron and so on you can set a limit from say 0-100 new players every month that can get assigned to you (automatically). A night can get from 0-10 people every week? maybe every month? duke can get 0-25 and so on devs can nail the details into place.
So If these players reach lanfar they become your followers your trusted men. The more people you have helped the more followers you will have and the more likely you are to one day become the king of the land.

It will be based on wealth followers and the positive effect you have on this new world. A king can be chosen every month or every 4 months something like that devs up to you again you know better.

every stage from peasant to knight to duke and a king will have some added benefits like shorter time walking less animal encounters (this can be turned on and off of course) and basic stuff like that maybe some minor boosts to some stats ( like when you are a peasant you can be an artisan or a smelter or you get where i am going with this

So back to how this helps the new people

When they get assigned it will tell them very clearly that Sir Johny the Black Knight is at their disposal if they have questions when something is troubling them.

You have the option to help or not help you are in no way obligated to help new players but it comes with benefits so it encourages everyone helping each other. Making introduction to the game smoother to as many people as possible.

Let me know what you think... i think it's great goes without saying :P

Cheers,

TuXes/ Wojtek

ps
get rid of sleep readiness its outdated and hurting the game

the other topic on why i believe so viewtopic.php?f=164&t=2722

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Re: Back with a BOOM x2

Postby Laerities/Volund » Thu 06 Apr 2017, 02:57

Firstly, I like the idea however I think it should be you can adopt players instead of being assigned.. Also yes get rid of sleep readiness requirement, make it a F2P feature or make it a BC purchase ingame without real life money. I get the idea is to give to those who actually pay. Me and Hunter probably spent in the top 10% of Wojtek easily but still agree it shouldn't require actual payment since its impact is huge. How about a pay for title benefit or maybe like 5% Enthusiasm ;)

With these new players and the new income we the people will expect more :P
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Dar the Beastmaster
Défricheur

Postby Dar the Beastmaster » Thu 06 Apr 2017, 03:14

I'm not sure exactly whats going on here because I have been gone but I get the feeling that the people are saying competition and a few tweaks to the game would help the community grow. Games thrive on speed of play,depth of content/story and competition.
It seems the game is too loose and lacks direction/drive and causes new players to fizzle out quickly.
What's our objective? who are we against? Who are the striking characters of the world?
There is room for improvement here, you can be more than a solid idle game.
If you are having problems funding development I think an eye catching video of the game and what you want it to be to go with crowdfunding to raise money.

Also I want more gold. I don't know what you can do about that but I'd do just about anything....(jk)

Ambrielle
Emperator

Postby Ambrielle » Thu 06 Apr 2017, 07:04

Dar the Beastmaster wrote:Games thrive on speed of play,depth of content/story and competition.

Yes and no.

Speed of play - I like this because it is slow, so you're right.
Depth of content, again agreed, plenty here. Have been playing nearly two years and only recently got myself the golem monster, for example.
Competition. No. The complete lack of competition is one of the best things. No fighting over rare spawns, no ganking, it doesn't matter what speed you or the guild you belong to progress as no-one else can see.

TuXes
Défricheur

Postby TuXes » Thu 06 Apr 2017, 07:16

The Tittles would give a direction to become rich and powerful that comes with buffs/benefits and also assigned so the people that never speak in chat get to connect easier with the veterans the 2 things go hand in hand :P Gives buffs to people that help out the community and knowledge to the new without anybody going having to look too far to find what they need.

Just an idea devs can hammer out the details if they believe it will solve some of the problems we are having.

TuXes
Défricheur

Postby TuXes » Thu 06 Apr 2017, 07:22

I get it too that it is like that to give to those that pay but it just discourages people that don't want to pay right away or maybe just want to pay down the road. By being forced to pay it just turns them off to not pay at all and further discouraging them from spending even any time at all in the game.
I think that's unnecessary we don't need that money wall they will spend eventually to speed up their progress when they get into the game.

Return to “General”