Remove poison from weapon slot after a fight

Maxikus
Défricheur
Realm: -

Remove poison from weapon slot after a fight

Postby Maxikus » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 14:09

Please remove poison from weapon slot after a fight.
The poison is normally only used once for BIG bosses, like Iriza or Owl. They are not used for the ordinary fights (from which you can not escape if you travel between locations, and thus, to save the poison if you recall you still use it).
I usually forget to remove a stack of poisons from the weapon panel and spend my poison in vain. Which is very frustrating since poison crafting is not that easy.
So please allow only ONE poison to be "active" when inserting poison stack into the weapon panel slot.

aknoth
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: Remove poison from weapon slot after a fight

Postby aknoth » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 15:06

Another possibility would be that devs set them as "non stackable". You will equip just one piece for your fight and no chance to lose all your stock.

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 16:24

Sorry but personally I don't like either of these suggestions ;)

I'm not saying either of you are 'wrong', you're entitled to have them and I can see your frustration. However not everyone plays the game the same way as you do. So if this (these) changes would be made, your game would get easier, but other peoples games would get harder.

Maxikus wrote:Please remove poison from weapon slot after a fight.

Why can't you do it?
Maxikus wrote:The poison is normally only used once for BIG bosses, like Iriza or Owl.

Not true... I only get around to fighting these two bosses every couple of months or so.. and usually I gulp down a very expensive runic coord pot to do so...and have amassed a stack of poisons to help me with the fight.. the prepartation to fight these bosses ( armour, weapons, companions, talisman, ring, clothes ) takes a little time. And in the case of the Owl can be the difference between winning and loosing. So... I usually BC a ton of fights to make maximum use the of the coord pot. I know lots of other players who do this. So I personally find it very useful to have a stack of poisons like ammo. If i had to reload a poison everytime... urgh

Maxikus wrote:I usually forget to remove a stack of poisons from the weapon panel and spend my poison in vain. Which is very frustrating since poison crafting is not that easy.

I have done this also... yes it's frustrating, but learn the lesson and remember for next time :P

aknoth wrote:Another possibility would be that devs set them as "non stackable". You will equip just one piece for your fight and no chance to lose all your stock.

I rally don't like this idea :D... having 150 loose poisons in my bag... it's crowded enough as it is!!! :P

Anyway that's just my counter opinion :)
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

aknoth
Bâtisseur

Postby aknoth » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 16:35

I get your point Woody, however how many top players like you using BC to fight a lot compared to players who just fight Iriza each day ?

Also, I must be doomer than average because I already forget the lesson more than 3 times yet :D

Maxikus
Défricheur

Postby Maxikus » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 16:41

Why can't you do it?

I can do this, and usually do.. But I (and anyone) can forget to remove the poison from the slot after a boss-fight.

You don't use poisons every time on every fight (correct?) since it takes ~10 hours and many different ingredients to create a good poison (daemon bone for example). And it's very annoying if you spend it ("by mistake") in a fight from which you can not even "flee" if you recall there's a next poison in your weapon slot.

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:48

I was just pointing out that; If your ideas were implemented it would a: make your life easier and b: be a pain in the ass for me ( and maybe others )

I know it's a pain if you forget, but surely ssomething as precious as demonic bones and your 10yrs craft time, will mean you take more care next time? :lol:

I've lost quite a few poisons like that too.

Maxikus
Défricheur

Postby Maxikus » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 20:59

ok, here's an alternate idea which will be suitable for you and me:
show a number of poison(s) used in a slot and allow add/remove them from a slot (some specific number, not all of them). So you can put all your 100500 poisons into one slot and spend them all in all the meaningful fights if you wish. And also spend your 100500*10x hours of crafting time in vain

In a normal life, if you use a poison on a real weapon: don't you apply poison to a weapon every time before a fight? :lol: Then you kill someone, then apply it again? Isn't that true? :D

What happens here in the game in that case is unnatural and senseless. You should perform some action before you apply a poison on a weapon. And this shouldn't happen "by default" and silently.

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 21:22

Maxikus wrote:ok, here's an alternate idea which will be suitable for you and me:
show a number of poison(s) used in a slot and allow add/remove them from a slot (some specific number, not all of them). So you can put all your 100500 poisons into one slot and spend them all in all the meaningful fights if you wish. And also spend your 100500*10x hours of crafting time in vain

This is good... if the weapon slot behaved like profession chest. So you get to choose how many adding and removing from weapon slot. I could live with that!!! one fight? : Just leave the slider at one. Going for a 20,000 BC session? : slide it all the way to 100 :D

Maxikus wrote:In a normal life, if you use a poison on a real weapon: don't you apply poison to a weapon every time before a fight? :lol: Then you kill someone, then apply it again? Isn't that true? :D

Woah!! you're applying poisons to weapons in your real life!!! :o Ok ignore anything I said. I agree with you now and forever, please don't hurt me :D

Maxikus wrote:What happens here in the game in that case is unnatural and senseless. You should perform some action before you apply a poison on a weapon. And this shouldn't happen "by default" and silently.

Yeah 'cause everything else in the game is natural and normal?? LOL

Maxikus
Défricheur

Postby Maxikus » Wed 02 Aug 2017, 20:31

I've just lost another 4 poisons in meaningful fights after Iriza fight
Please remove current functionality of >1 poisons in a weapon slot.

Return to “General”