complaint about new boss

angryplayer
Citoyen
Realm: -

complaint about new boss

Postby angryplayer » Mon 02 Oct 2017, 22:51

First of all I just wanted to state how much I love this game. I was drawn to it because of the learning curve and how in the description on steam it said "The game is rough on players; you have to work hard to reach your goals."

with that being said, i worked hard to pass skill walls in herbalism... but with this new boss that i can kill in 2 rounds.. yes 2 rounds..i get a herbalism potion that would let me pass a skill wall so easily.. so all the work I put in, the other players who hit the same wall as me, can just go kill a far too easy boss and get a potion which will let them make other herbalism potions they couldnt make before and then they can just continue that process over and over with such minimal effort.. I thought this game was going to stay difficult forever.. I was sadly mistaken..

Arakismo
Citoyen
Realm: Agonedus

Re: complaint about new boss

Postby Arakismo » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 00:22

It help, but it's not a huge deal when everyone is still stuck w/o runic stuff. And it's not like this boss drop +7.3 for each skills, you'll have to make everything else by yourself anyway.
''Mes ancêtres me sourient, Impériaux! Pouvez-vous en dire autant?''

-Joueur depuis le 18/04/2012

Melindra
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Melindra » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 00:38

remind me how easy it is to get to 90/90 herbalism again? :lol:

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 01:27

Melindra wrote:remind me how easy it is to get to 90/90 herbalism again? :lol:

but on the new server there are only 3 people who can make potions in the 70 skill range. How is it fair that everyone who is still stuck in 60 herbalism can just kill a boss and get a 7.3 herbalism potion? a weak boss too... and with high herbalism you can make potions for other trades... so the game is basically 100times easier now.. you dont need a galandor stove with maxed stone sage anymore... just kill a weak boss.. get a 7.3 herbalism potion to pass the skill wall in the 60's..... its pretty pathetic in my opinion that those potions drop from such a easy boss..

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 02:54

So if I understand your complaint correctly, you are angry that other people can reach your skill level with minimal effort?
Everything gets easier over time. If it didn't, new players wouldn't play. They have to feel like it's not going to take them years to catch up to older players. It's still an incredibly difficult game. Getting to end game content isn't easy and maxing most skills still takes a lot of time and resources.

What about the astrishield recipe? That demolished forging pride. Now it's super easy and cheap to max forging. I never saw one gripe about that one. It made the game better. More people getting to max forging means more players making armor.

I'm not saying that I don't agree with you. Just pointing out counter thoughts. Another way to look at things. :)

Arakismo
Citoyen

Postby Arakismo » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 03:52

+1 Melindra
''Mes ancêtres me sourient, Impériaux! Pouvez-vous en dire autant?''

-Joueur depuis le 18/04/2012

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 05:45

I understand the counter argument that new players wouldnt play.. but like In my first post I quoted what the developers said on the steam store page, that you have to work hard for your goals.. I mean, they could at least make the boss difficult. I feel like they are just handing amazing potions out... The boss is far easier than watchmaker and wyvern... You cant even kill a lanfar boss in 2 rounds (at least I cant)... the rewards just seem far too amazing for such minimal effort.. Im a new player that started when the game came to steam and I enjoyed the difficulty.. I dont play games that cater to players who want everything easy... And you made the comment about astrishield.. No guild in my server has even unlocked that yet.. so while I think that sucks it demolished forging pride, at least they didnt just make a boss that you could kill in 2 rounds for the recipe, if that makes sense..

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 07:41

There are 84 skill ( and 85 skill impossible atm by 0.1 point even with 90 herba - trust me ) runic pots that still need herbalism in the high 80's to get. As well as making a herbalism temples.

There are plenty of herbalism 'walls' you have yet to hit :D
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 12:37

There is about a ten pour cent chance to get this potion every time you fight it... And i'm guessing that if you kill it in two hits it is because you are also one of the stronger fighter on the server.

If you go on the forum related to the new update there is a player who complain that this boss is too hard to get. So i don't think that it will cause that much problem.

dombili
Traducteur

Postby dombili » Tue 03 Oct 2017, 15:49

Hey angry player. What if I told you, that addition of this new boss maybe made it... 5% easier at most overall?

Being a top player, I never liked the fact that Iriza is up there with awesome drops while the next boss before it... is not even comparable?

I think we need such intermediate bosses to get everyone more stuff.. Unless you want to play a difficult game - alone.

Cheers

Gopol
Mystique

Postby Gopol » Wed 04 Oct 2017, 08:52

It is a boss that can be killed very quickly if you are strong because he has no armor but it isn't a weak boss, it has a nice vigor buff.

dombili
Traducteur

Postby dombili » Wed 04 Oct 2017, 17:36

I killed it yesterday for the first time and I got 6 f***ing pearls and nothing else. 6 FRIGGING pearls.

Maru
Bourlingueur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Maru » Wed 04 Oct 2017, 18:49

I think the Boss is ok. You get a new bone, new plants, a good potion and if you are lucky a wingu-fiber. So don't complain. It's a nice boss :) I wish he would drop more wingu-fibers though :D

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Wed 04 Oct 2017, 19:51

dombili wrote:Hey angry player. What if I told you, that addition of this new boss maybe made it... 5% easier at most overall?

Being a top player, I never liked the fact that Iriza is up there with awesome drops while the next boss before it... is not even comparable?

I think we need such intermediate bosses to get everyone more stuff.. Unless you want to play a difficult game - alone.

Cheers

thats a interesting number ..5%.. wonder how you came up with that.. A boss that drops wingu fabrics and 7.3 herbalism pots should not be able to be killed in 2 rounds in my opinion.. you really only need a boarzerker to win easy.. i used a scout torten to block for boar on my alt and the scout torten didnt even die.. no lanfar boss gives wingu anything or herbs that make 7.0+pots.. and all lanfar bosses cannot be killed in 2 rounds like the new boss.. i just dont like how the game is advertised "you need to work hard for your goals" and now they are making the game easier for players that are more casual.. I dont think people arent playing because of the difficulty.. i think people lose interest because more and more people leave the game because of low population... there are better ways to increase the games popularity than to nerf the difficulty in my opinion.. the game is hidden on steam.. you have to try hard to find it.. and compared to other free games on steam this is one of the best.. advertising and new player package sales on steam would create far more new players than just nerfing difficulty..

nobukita
Citoyen
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby nobukita » Wed 04 Oct 2017, 20:13

angryplayer wrote:there are better ways to increase the games popularity than to nerf the difficulty in my opinion..

Tu crois vraiment que c'est le but de la mise à jour ou même de ce loot spécifique c'est de faciliter le jeu pour attirer des joueurs ? :lol:
Crédibilité en chute libre, angryplayer !

GoogleTranslate :
You really believe that the purpose of the update, or even this specific loot, is to facilitate the game to attract players ? :lol:
Credibility in free fall, angryplayer !

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Wed 04 Oct 2017, 21:07

nobukita wrote:
angryplayer wrote:there are better ways to increase the games popularity than to nerf the difficulty in my opinion..

Tu crois vraiment que c'est le but de la mise à jour ou même de ce loot spécifique c'est de faciliter le jeu pour attirer des joueurs ? :lol:
Crédibilité en chute libre, angryplayer !

GoogleTranslate :
You really believe that the purpose of the update, or even this specific loot, is to facilitate the game to attract players ? :lol:
Credibility in free fall, angryplayer !

I was arguing dombilis point, he said " I think we need such intermediate bosses to get everyone more stuff.. Unless you want to play a difficult game - alone."

dombili
Traducteur

Postby dombili » Thu 05 Oct 2017, 07:54

I came up with 5% after more than 2 years of experience, 2x5 10 chars and with the help from my arse.

2nd kill, 4 hemp fibers and a horn.

Every time you talk about "difficulty" in this game, you also have to think about people being allowed to have alts. One could also argue that alts make the game easy, which is true, so should we ban the alts to make it more difficult? Etc. How can you even compete with someone who has 5x wingu alts if you play just one char?

Anyway, I tried to give you my insight, it is up to you to consider it or not, I have had enough of my internet arguments history.

Return to “General”