firefox undo?

Jaeger
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

firefox undo?

Postby Jaeger » Sun 28 Jan 2018, 05:25

Can anyone tell me how to undo the update I accidentally did on firefox. I have been avoiding that update forever so I could keep using that browser for Therian, and then I hit enter by accident.....

Thanks for the help!!
-Jaeger

Trams
Défricheur
Realm: Agonedus

Re: firefox undo?

Postby Trams » Sun 28 Jan 2018, 08:44

Jaeger
Citoyen

Postby Jaeger » Sun 28 Jan 2018, 15:08

I uninstalled old firefox and reinstalled version 56, disabled update options and still can't connect. I am getting message about downloading desktop client or using explorer. Any ideas on how to get me back on board with mozilla as my therian browser?
Thanks for the help.
-Jaeger

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Sniq » Sun 28 Jan 2018, 15:30

You need version 51 to run Silverlight. That's the last version of Firefox that still supports Silverlight.

After you install it, don't forget to select Option --> Advanced --> Update, and check "Never check update ..." option after you install it.

Trams
Défricheur

Postby Trams » Sun 28 Jan 2018, 20:01

It is possible to use Pale Moon.
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code a number of years ago, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browser's stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.

Jaeger
Citoyen

Postby Jaeger » Mon 29 Jan 2018, 04:09

Thank you for your help. I will try both options. It's always frustrating when I can't get on since I am still addicted to this awesome game even if I'm not sure I am making any progress whatsoever hehe.

Thanks
-Jaeger

Gopol
Mystique

Postby Gopol » Mon 29 Jan 2018, 10:26

Therian saga still work on ESR versions of firefox.

This is better than using an old version because those ESR version still get the security updates and all that.
And it is fully official. It is the kind of versions used in big companies that do not want to change too often and still be secure.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

And I the ESR based on version 52 of firefox still works and is still getting patches (for a little while at least).
(I tried it and have silverlight installed in on Firefox ESR 52.6.0 (64 bits), version 5.1.50907.0 of the silverlight plugin)

Jaeger
Citoyen

Postby Jaeger » Tue 30 Jan 2018, 07:15

Wow, Thanks everyone, and Gopol the ESR is perfect. Never knew such a thing existed. Perfect!

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Mon 26 Mar 2018, 18:34

Gopol wrote:Therian saga still work on ESR versions of firefox.

Thanks for posting this. I've got it working on an ESR version at a newer release, and far fewer websites bellyache about my primary browser being out of date. This was most helpful. :D
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Return to “General”