On the Shores of Lanfar: Therian Sage Interview with Falkarma

Hardsun
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

On the Shores of Lanfar: Therian Sage Interview with Falkarma

Postby Hardsun » Fri 11 Jan 2019, 21:25

https://lorehound.com/news/on-the-shores-of-lanfar-therian-sage-interview-with-falkarma/

Friend tossed me this old interview - got more questions then answers :lol: But still it was intresting to get a bit into past and see what plans devs had.
Looks like we never had "secrecy" skills in Nostria... and what happened to building ships and exploring seas... Yarr ?

Rufio
Citoyen
Realm: Nostria

Re: On the Shores of Lanfar: Therian Sage Interview with Falkarma

Postby Rufio » Fri 11 Jan 2019, 22:31

:D
Worth asking here actually: I found it looking for the interview where someone mentioned that the grand plan for the whole continent and regions was inspired by the map in Ultima. Does anyone remember this or know where it is? I'm worried it was the old Joystiq one that I think got deleted.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Sat 12 Jan 2019, 17:50

Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed reading it!
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Sun 13 Jan 2019, 13:57

Rufio wrote::D
Worth asking here actually: I found it looking for the interview where someone mentioned that the grand plan for the whole continent and regions was inspired by the map in Ultima. Does anyone remember this or know where it is? I'm worried it was the old Joystiq one that I think got deleted.

It was my old post and Falkarma brought some highlights on how game was born itc...
https://forum.theriansaga.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3831&p=24762#p24762

And well, might be another article somewhere as well.

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Postby Falkarma » Mon 14 Jan 2019, 13:28

Wow, that take us back a long while. It's true that many of the thing we where expecting to do are not done yet, but many others that we did not anticipate where done instead. At the time of the interview we were finishing to translate Lanfar for the English language.

I'm not sure I remember anything about another interview about UO, maybe the Hardsun's post is the one.
Therian Saga

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Mon 14 Jan 2019, 17:19

Falkarma wrote:It's true that many of the thing we where expecting to do are not done yet

Half-Life3 confirmed ! :lol:
Well, to be serious - does that mean certain things mentioned in that intreview still in plans and actually might still be introduced in game ?.. and its just overall game development being slow and story just did not got to the point players should be having those things ?

PS: Falkarma - got monetization related article for you this time if intrested. Prob might be usefull avoiding "player-negative" methods :)
https://www.projecthorseshoe.com/reports/featured/ph18r3.htm

Return to “General”