Anyway to avoid Paypal for payment?

JBento
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Anyway to avoid Paypal for payment?

Postby JBento » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:54

I'd like to give you guys some money. I really would. Thing is, I long ago forswore the use of the ridiculously cumbersome, outdated beast that is Paypal (can we please just let it die a quick, hopefully painful death already?) after some issues I had with them. Now I couldn't log back in to my pp account if I wanted to (my country switched the bank account numbers a while ago, so the one I used to create the pp account no longer exists, and pp doesn't recognise the new number, and I really don't anyway.

Is there anyway to buy the packages through just credit card or, failing that, direct bank transfer?

Thanks

Maniel
Emperator
Realm: Maliken

Re: Anyway to avoid Paypal for payment?

Postby Maniel » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:44

Hello,

Last answer from Virtys about other way to pay is here : -clic-, two days ago.

("It moves forward.
We can unfortunately promise nothing but I do my best for an integration before the end of the promotional campaign..."
Thank you Reverso.net)
Joue depuis le : 2014-01-07 (7janvier) 15:10:07
25 personnages sur Fiergrue (non ce n'est pas un record !).
Mais non, mais non, je ne sommes pas du tout schizophrène :lol:

Mmmmh. Oui, irl, je suis une fille.

JBento
Citoyen

Postby JBento » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:59

Ah, thanks. Didn't think to check the french forum. Well, here's to hoping.

Ambrielle
Emperator

Postby Ambrielle » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 13:14

When I bought a package it offered me the choice of using my paypal account or paying directly with a credit card number without logging in to paypal. Do you not get this option?

JBento
Citoyen

Postby JBento » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 13:46

Ambrielle wrote:When I bought a package it offered me the choice of using my paypal account or paying directly with a credit card number without logging in to paypal. Do you not get this option?

I didn't actually, but after you told me this I tinkered a bit with some localisation options and I managed to pay without pp checking. Managed to do it :D Thanks :mrgreen:

Ishael
Bourlingueur
Realm: -

Postby Ishael » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 14:43

As quoted by Maniel, I'm actually working on integrating another payment processor (PaySafeCard) which will let you use pre-paid card (like iTune card etc...). Unfortunately, I cannot give you any ETA for now.

Also and looks like you found it: for the majority of the countries you can use your credit card to pay through the PayPal portal without the need to register a PayPal account.

Amnaella
Citoyen

Postby Amnaella » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 15:38

it's great that you implement other ways to pay, is it also possible to just do banktransfer? it was possible on gameforge, my problem is I don't have a creditcard, and don't want to get one either, paysafe doesn't ring a bell to me yet, will look into it

JBento
Citoyen

Postby JBento » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 15:44

Amnaella wrote:it's great that you implement other ways to pay, is it also possible to just do banktransfer? it was possible on gameforge, my problem is I don't have a creditcard, and don't want to get one either, paysafe doesn't ring a bell to me yet, will look into it

Check out www.mbnet.pt If it works for you (it might not), it'll allow you to create virtual credit cards on demand with a limit defined by you that you can use online. It's what I used for Therian, and also what I use for Steam and, honestly, everything I pay online. It makes it impossible for anyone to steal your credit card data as well (since the virtual card expires in a day, and has a limit that you define according to your purchase anyway)

Amnaella
Citoyen

Postby Amnaella » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 15:46

Thanks for the idea, I'll try it out.
I noticed a for me unreadable language, but suggestion is great, will check for an English lookalike, or even better one in my native language

Amnaella
Citoyen

Postby Amnaella » Sun 24 Jan 2016, 16:16

I did it without using a creditcard, I used paypal and just put in some money with iDeal, it worked after that without asking for creditcard again

Moonchild
Emperator

Postby Moonchild » Wed 10 Feb 2016, 14:56

Ishael wrote:As quoted by Maniel, I'm actually working on integrating another payment processor (PaySafeCard) which will let you use pre-paid card (like iTune card etc...). Unfortunately, I cannot give you any ETA for now.

Also and looks like you found it: for the majority of the countries you can use your credit card to pay through the PayPal portal without the need to register a PayPal account.

Hi Ishael,

any news on the alternative payment options (it is a long time without news and maybe I missed it)?

I am one of the people living in the minority of countries where paypal registration seems to be mandatory. I really would like to participate with this event but Paypal is not an option (I even filled the form and pressed the payment button; but it seems that Paypal insists to want my phone number to process a online payment? :roll: ). I understand that Virtys is in a hurry but please realize that some of your customers value their privacy.

Cheers

Ishael
Bourlingueur

Postby Ishael » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 13:00

Hello :)

Yes, the good news is that we are done on our side; it took a bit longer as we had to activate an EURO account for it.
PaySafeCard should be available very soon (today or tomorrow on the website).

Ectorr
Emperator

Postby Ectorr » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 13:17

Ishael wrote:Hello :)

Yes, the good news is that we are done on our side; it took a bit longer as we had to activate an EURO account for it.
PaySafeCard should be available very soon (today or tomorrow on the website).

It's not my business really, but u should longer the event a little. (you know ppl can be slow and may take days that they notice it even if u announce the paysafe option with 20 font size and fireworks :D).
And anyways more goodies to people, more money to you for development(and beer yeah lot of beer). win-win

EDIT: Yeah the red-blue maintenance may help :P

Ishael
Bourlingueur

Postby Ishael » Fri 12 Feb 2016, 01:41

PaySafeCard payment option is now available in the website shop page.

Moonchild
Emperator

Postby Moonchild » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 13:53

Hi Ishael,

so I did buy the PaySafeCard and I "tried" to buy a support package. I succeeded in paying (the progress bar got updated from 98% to 100% :D ). However, apparently one or many errors occured (I like the error message ) and the package has not been registered at my account nor did I get a confirmation email. The payment has been deducted from the card though.

I also wrote a meesage to support@virtys.com. I hope you will be able to fix this :mrgreen:

Transfering money to Virtys is like getting anything done in Therian Saga...everytime you think you are there, there is another skill check and you get to queue tasks for another week :lol:

Cheers

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 21:13

Moonchild, the correct support address is now: support@virtys.zendesk.com
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Moonchild
Emperator

Postby Moonchild » Sun 14 Feb 2016, 11:52

Hi Virtys,

thanks for your fast response!

The good news is that I was able to complete the payment. The culprit was the Opera browser. Once I switched to Firefox I was able to complete the payment.

I am new to PaySafeCard so I only noticed later that the amount on the card got restored a few minutes after the failed payment. When I repeated the payment with the Opera browser I got the below error message. Please note, the error message still refers to the old support email you may want to change this. The amount got restored again on the PaySafeCard and - persistent as I am to get rid of my money - I tried the same with FF :!: .

An error occured while processing your payment. Please contact our technical support (support@virtys.com) and provide the following error code : ABWD53RS6LXY18LS8K66
You need to be log in before to continue.

If the error persists, please contact the technical support at support@virtys.com and include the error message, a brief description of the steps you followed as well as your account name and email address (the same used to create your account).

Cheers

Return to “General”