ONLY trading Gala nuggets for Azuilo

Woody
Emperator
Realm: Fauconnia

ONLY trading Gala nuggets for Azuilo

Postby Woody » Thu 18 Feb 2016, 16:06

The deal: 2 gala nuggets for 1 azuilo plank.

Non negotionable. If you like the deal mail bodywomaky, if you don't farm Halmvik commerce for a month or two for potentially a higher price.
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Re: WTS / WTT Gala nuggets

Postby Morlop » Thu 18 Feb 2016, 16:10

So are you selling to Alchimideon, too :roll: :?:

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Thu 18 Feb 2016, 16:47

Morlop wrote:So are you selling to Alchimideon, too :roll: :?:

yes ofc!!! As soon as the developers merge the servers :P

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Thu 18 Feb 2016, 21:54

I was buying Gala ore at 100g and Gala nugs at 120g when Gala was high on demand (when we all wanted to do our stoves).
If you bought it at 250 you were probably cheated a bit ;)

Anyway, your product, you set the price but 200 sounds high to my ears
8-)

Ectorr
Emperator

Postby Ectorr » Thu 18 Feb 2016, 22:17

What hurts my ears that u complain about it with fortune in your pockets(or ability to get it fast) not the ppl who struggle to get their first pieces. Emoticons wont make your passive agressive stuff funny.

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Thu 18 Feb 2016, 22:47

Ok fingon... I hear ya. Looking forward to seeing your gala mine up and running ;)

Deva
Bourlingueur

Postby Deva » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 01:42

Agrees with fingon.

Baseline: Kryanbor Nuggets. Assume fourteen actions per Kryanite Cluster. Spends 1.944 hours per action. Becomes 27.216 hours. Add 3.078 hours for smelting. Totals 30.294 hours. (Ignored possible transportation time and fuel cost.) Reduces down to 6.059 hours per Kryanbor Nugget. Recalls the going price around 45 gold. Earns 7.427 gold/hour.

Galandor Nuggets: Averages two Establish Contacts per Trade-in. Spends 1.667 hours and 3.15 gold for all three actions. Converted Galandrite Ore to 0.8 Nuggets and Galandor Ingots to 7 Nuggets, for ease. Expects 0.102 Nuggets per trade-in (based on one thousand trials). Performs 9.804 trade-ins per Nugget. Translates to 16.343 hours and 30.883 gold per Nugget. What is your time worth at two hundred gold per Nugget?

(16.343 hours * x) + 30.883 gold = 200 gold
16.343 hours * x = 169.117 gold
x = 10.348 gold/hour

Earns 10.348 gold/hour. Yields more than Galandor, also.

Estimates 2.559 Ancestral Dice, 1.333 logs, 6.882 planks, 1.127 Bundles of Jutug, 0.618 fibers (~75% Jutug), 0.196 fabrics, 1.226 wild herbs, 4.833 meta herbs, 1.127 other ores, 1.294 other nuggets, 1.112 other ingots, 1.176 sand, 2.608 lumps of stone (~35% Xuran), 2.118 blocks (~48% Lithosnow), 1.186 dead animals, 0.853 Barkhein Meat, 1.186 skins, 0.931 bones, 1.176 leather, 0.186 uncut gems, and 9.167 assorted consumables in those 9.804 trade-ins.

Note1: Tested prior to potions and Krya* consumables. May skew numbers slightly.
Note2: Omitted Galandrite Ore smelting time. Accounts for the bulk of Galandor from Halmvik. Amounts to under ten minutes towards total time. Requires 40 Vinnerson, more notably.

Needs to charge 62.699 gold per Kryanbor Nugget to equal Halmvik Commerce without bonuses. Considers Kryanbor Nuggets more hassle (although, much less random) and more useful too.

Will not decry everything, however. Views 2 Galandor Nuggets for 1 Azulio Plank as very good for buyers. Seems fair at 1:1. (Does not keep up on Azulio prices, among many others, admittedly. Declines to comment on Volcanite for similar reasons. Introduced plenty of Volcanite and Galandor with the Birthday of a Lord quest.)

Stormi
Emperator

Postby Stormi » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 03:16

fingon wrote:I was buying Gala ore at 100g and Gala nugs at 120g when Gala was high on demand (when we all wanted to do our stoves).
If you bought it at 250 you were probably cheated a bit ;)

Anyway, your product, you set the price but 200 sounds high to my ears
8-)

100G X 10 Ore = 1,000G for 10 Ore.
10 Ore =1-15 refined, average at 7.5.
1,000 / 7.5 = 133G per nugget.

So, 120G is a fair price when you pay, basically 133G per nugget with the price on Ore?
Seams a little off to me.

Deva, toss 120 into your formula, if you want to go through the trouble of getting a toon into Norstria, set them up to do commerce for 5G per hour on a nugget. Commerce isn't fun. So do you still agree with Fingon that 120G is a "fair" price. Is Gala that much more undervalued than Krya? A resource that people have made entire guilds and brought countless slaves to the Den to do nothing but mine it at 7+G per hour.

Personally, I'd be insulted at 120G myself. It's not fun doing commerce. And mining it isn't any easier requiring a high level metal toon to prospect without a potion.

Deva
Bourlingueur

Postby Deva » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 05:02

Averages eight Nuggets for ten Ore. (1-15 Nuggets for 10 Ore. (1 + 15) / 2 = 8.)

(16.343 hours * x) + 30.883 gold = 120 gold
16.343 hours * x = 89.117 gold
x = 5.453 gold/hour

Would honestly charge less than 120 gold per nugget. Do not discount Xuran, meta plants, Jutug, and lesser resources. Finds specific applications in machines, runic potions, feeds, taming, bowstrings, and jewelry. (Note: Not selling Galandor, Xuran, Jutug, or anything else. Typically regrets selling materials. Relinquished some previously, namely Frizifret. Allows more exceptions for guild members.)

Stormi wrote: Is Gala that much more undervalued than Krya? A resource that people have made entire guilds and brought countless slaves to the Den to do nothing but mine it at 7+G per hour.

Answered it yourself. Devoted many characters for a reason. Never heard of Galandor Guilds. (Could argue for it now, though.) Lacked a reason for extended farming.

Knows of four common uses of Galandor: Stove, Billhook, Sewing Table, and Engineer’s Desk. Compare it to Krya*’s various tools, machines, and particularly armor. (Requires a limited recipe to smelt too.)

Wrote usages a while back.
Many disclaimers: Not as accurate anymore. Occurred before runic tool information and Exceptional Wingu. Only tested ingots, not plates. Added ties to both sections (see: Cabinetmaker’s Bench for Kryamane and Galandor). Presumably compared materials against their own type, not all materials. See Caution below.
Caution: Ignored (most) non-metal alternatives for items. Finds better piercing offense among bows, for example.

Kryamane: Blacksmith’s Hammer, Saw, Axe (Woodcutting), Scissors, Hunting Knife, Stone Chisel, Trowel, Spade, Armor Rivet (Mechanical), Chisel, File, Fastener, Blade, Saber (slashing), Statue (Leadership and Prestige), Glory Trims (best among all materials), Jewelry for [Forging, Cave, Woodworking, Stonecutting, and Horticulture], Jewelry for [Urban and Leadership] instead of Azulio/Soletto/Kryandel, Mill Abrasion/Corrosion Strength, Safe, Rails for Stones, Cabinetmaker’s Bench, and Crane.

Kryandel: Scraper, Compasses (Engineering), Jewelry Pliers, Awl, Trowel, Battle Spear (piercing), Jewelry for [Urban and Leadership] instead of Azulio/Soletto/Kryamane, Mill Mechanical/Stabilization/Tanning/Assembly/Abrasion Strength, Scaffolding, Rails for Ore, Cutting Winch, and Crane.

Kyranroc: Spying Case, Compass (Exploration), Sieve, Jewelry for [Hunting, Botany, and Plains], Mill Mechanical/Stabilization/Tanning/Assembly Strength, Cabinetmaker’s Bench, and Jeweler’s Workbench.

Kryanod: Scalpel (Metascience), Plane, Axe (Woodcutting), Pitch Fork, Pickaxe, War Hammer (blunt), Mill Thermal/Corrosion Strength, Hoist, and Crane.

Galandor: Scale (Commerce), Spying Case, Billhook, Armor Rivet (Assembly), Jewelry for [Prospection, Jewelry, Taming, Spying, Alchemy, and maybe Desert] instead of Volriziar, Mill Concoction Strength, Conveyor, Trap, Butcher’s Table, Stove, Experimentation Table, Engineer’s Desk, Sawmill, Cabinetmaker’s Bench, and Sewing Table.

Xuran: Best for Aristocracy Trims, [Hills, Commerce, and Woodcutting] Jewelry (based on Rigidity, not testing), Fame, Watermill Mechanical Strength, Watermill Tanning Strength, Conveyor (Archeology Digging Machine), and Tanning Frames.

Jutug: Best at Sea clothes, Bowstrings, and Tanning Frames (tied with Wingu). Might tie or exceed Mohair for bedding. Performs wonderfully for construction. Ignoring Wingu (impossible):
- 29 Urban. Below only Solardran (-3).
- 44 Plains. Best.
- 33 Forest. Loses to Huberian (-1).
- 47 Hills. Best.
- 45 Mountain. Best.
- 50 Swamp. Best.
- 29 Desert. Loses to several.
- 40 Snow. Ties Mohair.
- 38 Cave. Loses to Olkznar (-5).

- 41 Fame. Loses only to Solardran (-6)
- 3 Fortification. Loses to Olkznar (-1).

Stormi wrote:Deva, toss 120 into your formula, if you want to go through the trouble of getting a toon into Norstria, set them up to do commerce for 5G per hour on a nugget. Commerce isn't fun.

Compared to reaching the Den? Certainly. Enters Norstria easier. Factored Contact/Trade-in cost into the calculation. Tailor-made Diplomat and Young Lord for Halmvik Commerce. Could have devoted droves to it much easier, assuming some selling for upkeep. (Less so for a Galandor Mine. Demands massive Prospecting.)

Is mining Kryanite Clusters more fun? Experienced the agony of Halmvik too. Farmed forty ingots minimum (two Stoves, two Sewing Tables, several Billhooks, and probably part of an Engineer’s Desk). Appreciates mild randomness over monotony any day.

________

Is Kryanbor undervalued? Possibly. (Grumbles about hefty inflation on Blue Crowns and Healing Vials. Affected others, most likely.) Felt low for Kryanbor, regardless of inflation. Pays only slightly better than Halmvik Spying. Compares Halmvik Spying closely to Halmvik Commerce, however. Involves similar difficulty.

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 07:26

Stormi wrote:Personally, I'd be insulted at 120G myself. It's not fun doing commerce. And mining it isn't any easier requiring a high level metal toon to prospect without a potion.

I am sorry if you feel insulted, that was not the point
I was simply giving my opinion on market price based on previous experience.

I bought more than 30 gala nugs and ore at the price I mentioned, its not one time bargain someone tosses at me.

Besides, all this talk has nothing to do with the value of your achievement, or the difficulty of a Gala mine.
We are viewing it from market perspective only.
Market price is not determined only by how hard it is but by the usage of material.

Deva already answered everything correctly, so I won't repeat it everything.

Bottom line:
Don't diminish your achievement by making it a gold mine. We know you didn't do it for this...

Deva
Bourlingueur

Postby Deva » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 07:52

Could still make solid gold. Runs circles around Halmvik. Displayed 1-10, 25% every 1.25 hours. Unearths 1.375 Ore per hour, on average. Alternatively, 1.1 Nuggets per hour. (Ignored smelting time again.) Mines 17.979 times faster than Halmvik. Feels okay about exploiting an exclusive, high difficulty task at a ridiculous location.

Edit: Correction. 17.979 faster, not 14.857. 16.343 hours per nugget / 0.909 hours per nugget = 17.979.

Z3rro
Défricheur

Re: NOT SELLING Gala nuggets

Postby Z3rro » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 15:11

I think all of you are missing the point... They much rather get azulio than gold so they give a good deal on that. Iirc it was 2 nuggets per one plank. Which is great there is more incentive to trade in azulio rather than buy it with gold. I dont remember what the other options were but 200g a nugget is whatever let them sell how they want if you can sell cheaper than so be it this is their price deal with it

Z3rro
Défricheur

Postby Z3rro » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 15:17

Put your prices back up woody its better than nothing

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 20:29

Z3rro wrote:I think all of you are missing the point... They much rather get azulio than gold so they give a good deal on that. Iirc it was 2 nuggets per one plank. Which is great there is more incentive to trade in azulio rather than buy it with gold. I dont remember what the other options were but 200g a nugget is whatever let them sell how they want if you can sell cheaper than so be it this is their price deal with it

Thankyou. Someone finally gets it. I'm not interested in gold, or what others think I should sell gala for ( sorry fingon ), or what deals someone else got in the past when everyone had a ton of alts in Halmvik ( sorry again fingon ) or market value someone thinks is fair by mathmatics ( sorry deva ) blah blah. It's a free market. If I said they were 40k a nugget that's what I'm selling them for... no-ones forcing you to buy, asking for your opinion or even appreciating you making me look like a greedy bas.... and effectively blocking my trades. Ectorr was spot on when he used the term 'passsive aggressive'

ALL I WANT IS AZUILO.... the prices reflect that and the great effort, expense and time to be able to offer it and progress my guild.

I'm sorry you think ill of me, but that's the deal.

When we achieve our azuilo goals the whole guild will be selling gala for whatever price they deem.

Woody

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 21:54

Woody wrote:... no-ones forcing you to buy, asking for your opinion or even appreciating you making me look like a greedy bas.... and effectively blocking my trades. Ectorr was spot on when he used the term 'passsive aggressive'

Just as you're free to sell things for whatever price you want people are free to discuss said price. If there were a history in the market I'm sure it'd be less of an issue. But without that people only have word of mouth or reading things on the forums to try and determine what the market value of some items are. And hence you're going to get discussions on these things.

Woody
Emperator

Re: ONLY trading Gala nuggets for Azuilo

Postby Woody » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 22:14

thanks Val.. I appreciate that sentiment.

Perhaps it's my fault for offering to sell it. I honestly thought 200g was a reasonable price as I've seen them go for 250g to 300g.

As stated before we are only interested in azuilo at the moment. The incentive of the pricing structure was reflecting that. We've only had the mine 2 days lol and I've managed to get 40 ore with 2 days constant smelting on a main that could be doing something else...

As soon as we reach our azuilo target I fully intend to bring the price of gala down... even beyond fingons estimate of what it should cost from his deal all those months ago :D

If anyone knows me, they will know that I am not a rip off merchant or a Kyle LOL. For example yesterday I sold 8 noct leathers and gave 1 free just because I could. You yourself have seen me give away stuff in global ( all beit of no real value to me ). In the last 2 months you might have noticed I singlehandly brought the price of krya down from 60g ea to 40g ea in the market ( will sell anyone krya for that price... less for big orders btw ;) )

I realise I seemed a little angry / annoyed in my last message... and that's because I was / am. I expected better from someone who's on my friend list shaming me so publicly by implying I was making a gold mine. Perhaps a private mail with expressions on price would have been better and I definitely would have taken it better. Oh well... I'm a sensitive soul who clearly takes this game waaaaaaay to seriously :D

Back to defcon 4

Ectorr
Emperator

Postby Ectorr » Fri 19 Feb 2016, 22:18

Discussion or mathematical analysis about why the thread owner is an ass for selling it "too high"(let me say, many things doubled in price for not obvious reasons,why others stayed the same. bc is +10g compared to pre-event times and market is a mess atm).

Valerian, I never ever seen a thread like this regarding any item. What we see here is the theory to prove that gala is not that useful and halmvik trade is not a blackhole for gold and rewards ton of gala in no time. Not to mention the epic saga of an unfair trade someone made with a poor fella. If this is what u call a discussion I cant say anything else than GG WP.

As she said, Be careful what u fish for!!

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Sat 20 Feb 2016, 14:46

The price of something is "too high" only when no one will buy it, IMO. It's probably too low if someone buys it within minutes of it appearing (has happened to me once or twice).
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Kilgore
Défricheur

Postby Kilgore » Sun 15 Oct 2017, 08:27

Balok wrote:The price of something is "too high" only when no one will buy it, IMO. It's probably too low if someone buys it within minutes of it appearing (has happened to me once or twice).

Wise words Balok.

Return to “General”