Nessus in Behemoth

Cyram
Emperator
Realm: Filgar

Nessus in Behemoth

Postby Cyram » Sun 31 Dec 2017, 14:34

Hey there,

i'm trying to find out if i'm especially unlucky right now or if anyone else has problems encountering a Nessus in Behemoth. Since the update, I cant seem to find any, though I had a reasonable rate of encounters earlier (sometime September or October I guess).

Could just be a streak of misfortune. Or maybe something changed.
Your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Re: Nessus in Behemoth

Postby Céline » Sun 31 Dec 2017, 17:02

Tester version : We changed nothing in the Moath (and other dungeons).
I'v checked the DB and Nessus is present with the same % as before.

Player version : In Fiergure, with my player account, BjornWilWayard met a Nessus a few minutes ago (and bww loosed his head, ouch)
After discussion with some players : better chance to see a Nessus in C4, but we can fight them everywhere.
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Cyram
Emperator

Postby Cyram » Mon 01 Jan 2018, 16:11

Just tough luck then, I'll try again sometime soon :)

thanks for checking :)

Cyram
Emperator

Postby Cyram » Mon 01 Jan 2018, 19:54

Hm, spent another three hours in there, switching between C3 and C4, doing 50+ fights on C4.

I did not encounter a single Nessus. I don't know what the chance is supposed to be, but this seems very unlucky ;)

Server is Alchimideon, char name Cyram.

I'll try again sometime and report back :)

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Mon 01 Jan 2018, 20:14

Presence is just a little better than mini-boss in other dungeons ;)

For exemple, 2x more chance to fight Nessus than Portal's Guardian... but 2x a low score = another low score ;)
---

Cyram
Emperator

Postby Cyram » Mon 01 Jan 2018, 23:22

Is there an exact value for the chance to meet the Nessus that you can see in the db?

Even if it is as low as 10%, given that I've tried 80 or so times in total, not meeting it once means I'm really exceptionally unlucky.

Especially since last time i tried, I had a few per hour (but that was months ago)

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Mon 01 Jan 2018, 23:28

I can just see things like
- Portal's mini-boss : Guardian, presence : A%
- Moat's mini-boss : Nessus, presence : B%
(and in this case B = ±2xA)

Presence is an element of the formula... I ignore if there is other elements and I ignore the formula ;)

It depends also probably of
- the other monster of that place
- the agressivity of the monstre (like the agressivity we can see in the game guide in Region's pages)
---

Aeschylus
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Aeschylus » Tue 02 Jan 2018, 06:11

Cyram wrote:Is there an exact value for the chance to meet the Nessus that you can see in the db?

Even if it is as low as 10%, given that I've tried 80 or so times in total, not meeting it once means I'm really exceptionally unlucky.

Especially since last time i tried, I had a few per hour (but that was months ago)

In theory there is a 10% chance to encounter one at the actual moat location in the den, and it's the only place I've ever met one, so you might have better luck trying there. I think in the moat itself you have to meet more RNG conditions to encounter it, i.e. not rolling other enemies, getting it to be aggressive, etc.

Cyram
Emperator

Postby Cyram » Tue 02 Jan 2018, 10:16

Aeschylus wrote:
Cyram wrote:Is there an exact value for the chance to meet the Nessus that you can see in the db?

In theory there is a 10% chance to encounter one at the actual moat location in the den, and it's the only place I've ever met one, so you might have better luck trying there. I think in the moat itself you have to meet more RNG conditions to encounter it, i.e. not rolling other enemies, getting it to be aggressive, etc.

Great tip, thanks :) I will try that :)

Return to “Help and FAQ”