Machines for a Metallurgical Factory in the Den.

Tyche
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Machines for a Metallurgical Factory in the Den.

Postby Tyche » Wed 17 Jan 2018, 15:44

I am finally ready to build a Metallurgical factory in the Den. What I am looking for is input for the machines needed. Please keep in mind, I don't have the highest end game materials. Will a mill with 50 thermal strength work? Forge and oven in the middle to upper 40's work? And does the rail for ore even matter?

Any and all help/suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy the game.

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Re: Machines for a Metallurgical Factory in the Den.

Postby Sniq » Wed 17 Jan 2018, 17:03

Metallurgical factory has base 20 thermal and base 10 foundry. We used a 38 str mill and 44 foundry oven, yielding a metallurgical factory
with 50 thermal and 50 foundry).

Smelting krya cluster only requires level 45 foundry (according to Game guide). It is not difficult to reach using a 57 bellow made with salandrin + walhein leather.

With the help of a 50 zius idol and 5 zius tally (and without T3 companion), it is possible to use anthracite to smelt the cluster.
A 50 mill would not help much (not good enough to allow you to use black coal) but would allow you to use a lesser zius tally (or even without the tally).

We place our best forging machine at hawkaria (easy to rebuild in case better materials for the machines become available) so we used a crappy forge and rail for the Den's metallurgical factory.

Tyche
Citoyen

Postby Tyche » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 14:39

This is great information. Thanks.

We place our best forging machine at hawkaria (easy to rebuild in case better materials for the machines become available) so we used a crappy forge and rail for the Den's metallurgical factory.

Are you saying that you also build a second Metallurgical Factory in Hawkoria? Never even looked at that, building materials for the Den took forever to get. Mats for a Metallurgical Factory in Whitestone fields much quicker and easier.

Also if someone could provide me with a refresher course ;) on how to calculate (Thermal) strength. I know it follows the 40%/30%/20%/10% plus 100% rule.

Factory plus 50 str mill x .40 =20.0
57 bellow x .30 =17.1
33.Str idol x .20 = 6.6
T4 Str 8 x10 = 0.8
5 Str Talisman x 1.0 = 5.0

Total thermal Str = 49.5

O.K. Please don't be too rough on me.
Thanks again and enjoy the game.

Tyche
Citoyen

Postby Tyche » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 14:50

As soon as I posted the above comment I realized that the bellow has no thermal str, well it probably has about 8 thermal str and goes into a tool slot which is the same place the Idol is. Only the item with the greatest strength from the tool slot(s) is used. The 57 str is for foundry-work.

So total Strength without the bellow is 36.5?

PlainSpell
Citoyen

Postby PlainSpell » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 17:50

Strength can come from any tool, it needn't be the exact one used for that craft. Best tool counts.

Also, formula seems to be:

sum( sortDesc([ hero, place, best( [companion] ), best( [tool] ) ]) * [ .4, .3, .2, .1 ] ) + best( [jewel] ) + pot.

Defence uses best7 / 7 and terrain uses best5 / 5 instead of tool.

For strength there seems to be no hero part. And idol seems to count for "tool" part. So yes, only three out of 4 for strength. And there doesn't seem to be a pot.

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 19:58

Bellows and idol both fall in the tool category, so you use the larger of the two.

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 21:18

strex.png
strex.png (4.12 KiB) Viewed 8530 times

hero always adds 0 for the strength
in this case comp is 0 (but there are comps with thermal str: t3 metal + zius minoris)
tool = 50
location = 50
ring=5.0
your total str will be 40. with anthracite = 75.

I always have a calc handy for inputting numbers. This one is on the old Terrain Calc : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XUn-UHkc5wk51EBklLf8-WxeHQ3aBdtJBO1_Qnn8cts/edit?pli=1#gid=737922643

Tyche
Citoyen

Postby Tyche » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 23:09

I need to change my name to Finally, because I finally figured-out my problem. Kept looking at 45 foundry and seeing 45 thermal resist. Couldn't figure-out why I couldn't use firewood instead of Anthracite. Got it now. 45 foundry and 65 thermal str, needed.

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 00:19

OK, Finally :lol:
You can't reach 65 thermal str in a metallurgic factory though, so give up on using firewood for krya xD
Even with a noct mill, your final thermal str will be 54, which still needs lignite. And lignite vs anthracite is not worth 200 noct xD

Put two comps on anthracite for a week and you will have enough for a year's worth of krya smelting.
Good luck :D

Return to “Help and FAQ”