Odd behaviour of Gold Seals task

Euphemia
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Odd behaviour of Gold Seals task

Postby Euphemia » Mon 15 Oct 2018, 18:56

I have completed the various spying tasks to win the game and get the key and bought blue prints for and constructed a secret vault. Apparently the secret vault is supposed to have the tasks for making seals for both gold and solardran. it doesn't, but maybe that's an issue of not having enough prestige. That's not the question I'm asking.

When I try to use the tasks in Hawkoria city to create seals (I'm using these because I didn't know there was any alternative) I can queue up one task and then I get the cool down box pop up but there's no cool down period shown and the there's no number of BCs shown to skip the cool down. I say to pay the zero BCs to skip it and nothing happens. I log out and log back in and the entire task for making seals in Hawkoria has now vanished from the menu. It / they come back if I remove the task(s) from the queue.

This seems odd behaviour?

More odd is that in asking about this on the server (Wotjek) nobody else seems to be able to see these tasks in Hawkoria city, even if they have completed the spy tasks and won the game and got the key etc etc and have their own secret vaults.

Why am I seeing these tasks and others not? The create seals tasks are right next to the tasks for "spending" the seals.

Why is the task disappearing from the menu if I queue it up (and log out / in) or has a buggy skip cool down dialog (if I do not log out / in)?

I notice (comparing with someone else's screen shot) that the task for gold seals is different in costs -- and a lot cheaper at your own secret vault than it is at the Hawkoria city task.

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Re: Odd behaviour of Gold Seals task

Postby Sniq » Mon 15 Oct 2018, 19:30

I believe the tasks "Obtain the seal of the gold ingots" and "Obtain the seal of solardran spinners" at Hawkaria City are for obtaining the recipes to make seals at player's secret vault. (You need recipes to make seals, prestige has no effect on seals).

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Mon 15 Oct 2018, 19:35

Hello,

For what I know, there's no "create seal" task in Hawkaria, it's really strange.
(I checked on dev server and Fiergrue server)

To create Seal, you need a Secret Vault (at home) + to learn the recipes (Aristocrates Suburbs).
With Seals, you can make Commerce tasks (Seal + favors + some money = solardran or gold ingot) in Hawkaria.

If you see this (picture) in Hawkaria, can you please send a mail to support (support@virtys.com), so we can check your account ?

And answer those questions (in mail to support) :
- Did you recently clear you cache (if playing by browser) and Silverlight Memory (right clic in game, clic Silverlight, last tab, "clear all" and relaunch the game) ?
- When you launch the game, is your client on version "1.29" ?
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Euphemia
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Euphemia » Tue 16 Oct 2018, 14:24

OK it turns out to be what Sniq said.

So I was looking at the tasks in Hawkoria city and I thought that they were tasks to get seals; in fact they were to get recipes for seals. Confusion was added to because it seems everyone I asked about it was under the impression that you learned the recipes in the Aristocratic Suburbs, perhaps from the vendor there who sells you the recipe for the secret vault. It was probably years since they had to do it.

Anyway I had time to learn the recipe for gold before the server went down for the big update today, and the task for making seals appeared at my secret vault. So I should be making five of them while the upgrade takes place I suppose.

----------------------

That does leave a bug but it's a small and cosmetic one:

It's a task to learn a recipe. Off hand I can't think of another task to learn a recipe - it's usually a purchase from a vendor or a quest reward or something you must discover. That rarity may explain why nobody sees the bug. The interface seems to act as if the recipe task is repeatable with a cool down period. When you queue it up and try and click it again it brings up the usual cool down dialog box with the option to pay blue crowns to skip the wait period but there is no wait period, there is no cost in BCs listed and when you click "pay" nothing happens. If you queue it up and then log out / back in the task disappears from the menu at the location in Hawkoria until you remove it from the queue. ie it works fine after you log out / back in.

Small bug, easy work around, just cosmetic, hardly ever encountered by the players, not worth fixing.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Tue 16 Oct 2018, 14:36

Hi :)

it's the same with a lot of other task (most of 10 sec' task for quest for exemple). It's a "security" son you can't ask to learn twice the same recipe, it avoid some problem for the server (he won't try to add you a recipe you already learned).
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Return to “Help and FAQ”