Iriza fight - something fishy i cant get

Hardsun
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Iriza fight - something fishy i cant get

Postby Hardsun » Sat 20 Oct 2018, 15:57

Iriza fight - something fishy i cant get, or missing something. Did not happen to me before.

Team was = Hero + Yormun + Golem Monster + Hiker + Ale
- round1: Hero+Yor+GM on Iriza // Hiker on panther // Ale covering Yormun and dies - both Iriza and Panther attacked Ale
- round2: Hero+Yor+GM on Iriza // Hiker covering Yormun - Iriza aims Yormun and hits Hiker ... and Panther attacks hero?!
- round3: same ... panther aiming on hero while Iriza on Yormun

!!! Yormun had like 61 piercing defence while hero had 71 - cant get why panther was picking on hero instead of attacking Yormun with his much lower piercing defences ?
Hiker got maxed 68 piercing and slashing defence (if it matters at all).

PS: have to add panther had high piercing offence (79) and used P-off vs hero - and hero was wearing knod/kdel harnois. And it looked like panther (when it was picking on hero) used my armor score instead of my total piercing defence on hero. Is that legal ? :D

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Re: Iriza fight - something fishy i cant get

Postby Céline » Sat 20 Oct 2018, 16:42

Hardsun wrote:And it looked like panther (when it was picking on hero) used my armor score instead of my total piercing defence on hero. Is that legal ? :D

Hello,

damages "done" by a monster take your skills into account.
After that, your armour count : it "takes" a part of damages. That's not new, and... it's legal :lol:

I have no more details ;)

Just that for Iriza and Felgorn, we need a "low defense total" in a skill (so monster attack with the same skill), but we need the good armor in that skill (so your armor highly reduce damages).
Something like 90 70 90 (skills) and 65 80 65 (armor)

-the girl that never killed Iriza-
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Sat 20 Oct 2018, 17:43

Nah it was about weird picking of targets by enemy with "intelligence".

Said Panther (Iriza's companion) had intelligence buff - should pick "easiest" target right ? And in my case said panther had 79 piercing offence.
Point is it was attacking my hero who had 71 piercing defence score (not armors) instead of Yormun who had only 61 piercing defence.

And all other defence scores were higher on hero then it was for Yormun - so no matter what damage type panther were useing i see no clear reason it picking to attack hero and not Yormun. Sadly did not make any screenshots :(

And yes, knod/kdel harnois got only 55-56 piercing "armor" - and that technically were lower then my Yormun piercing defence.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Sat 20 Oct 2018, 18:27

Have an idea, but I'm not sure. I noticed that sometimes "intelligent" monster doesn't fight the weakest in my team, but the weakest that fights him (not another monster).
Maybe the Int'bonus with (or without) a red arrow ?

I'm too bad in fighting (and too chaotic :lol:) to check if "that" behavior and red arrow are linked.
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Sat 20 Oct 2018, 18:43

I dont think neither Iriza or Vyvar got int-bonus with "arrow-down".
They use pure int-bonus, whats the difference btw ? I just know sometimes int-buffed enemies prefer to attack ones not in defence and aiming for those who attack instead (guess bcse they can do more damage in that case).

And in my case all in my team were targeting Iriza, and Hiker was guarding Yormun (noone was attacking Vyvar). No idea what to think to be honest.
Ill try to make screenshots next time if same happens.

catellan
Citoyen

Postby catellan » Sun 21 Oct 2018, 13:44

Happened several times to me too, and i think Celine is right.
It's about the Int type, one type makes the mob attack the weakest of the party, while the other kind make them fight back the weakest comp that's attacking them. With this second type i get some unexpected behaviuor too (maybe it was just me not taking that type into account) when nobody was attacking that specific mob, as in your case fight Iriza.
But i definitly think it's something related to the 2 intelligence type (and i can never tell them apart, which one is the one with the red arrow again?)

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Sun 21 Oct 2018, 17:21

That might be but .. point is Hero defence scores were much higher then weakest companion. So it was surprising to see hero being targeted... i got no clue.

Return to “Help and FAQ”