Carpentry Achievements Help

glumetzul
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Carpentry Achievements Help

Postby glumetzul » Tue 14 May 2019, 06:41

Hello,

I am trying to complete the carpentry achievements which by the way seem to be hard as hell, at least compared to others.

After some research, I managed to put together some structures that are supposed to help me reach the 40 score in some terrains. The first I worked on, and one that I had to put a few weeks effort in was the Oak Norstrian Wall (made with Oak Beams and Huberian fabric):

Unfortunately my achievement still shows up with the 40 level in Swamp, Snow and Cave unchecked. I suppose this is either a glitch or the Norstrian carpentry doesn't count for achievements.

If it's the first case, then I suppose contacting support will do. If it's the second, then I suppose I will simply be rather pissed.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Re: Carpentry Achievements Help

Postby Céline » Tue 14 May 2019, 07:40

If I remember well, you'll be rather pissed :/
It works like "discovering recipes". You have to work on a precise "taskgroup" (sub-job) : there's one for Carpentry, and another one for Norstrian Carpentry

The problem is that Achievements were created long time before "super-structures". An I can't add them to existing Achievements :/
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

glumetzul
Citoyen

Postby glumetzul » Tue 14 May 2019, 10:25

Hey!

As far as presentation goes, there is no indication in the front end that the achievements are limited strictly to basic Carpentry. I can understand how in the backend the system uses different functions to parse the completing of a task and only one of them does the checking with the Carpentry Achievements.

I guess it would be fair for this achievement to be only linked to basic Carpentry but without it being obvious before you start working on it, it can lead ot awkward situations. I checked my Therian Saga cloud doc and it seems I started planning and working on this achievement on 7th of April, most of the time being spent on getting huberian fabrics and raising the Carpentry skill enough to be able to craft that 64 difficulty thingie. So you can see how I might be a little disappointed that it was for nothing.

Based on that experience, I'm not sure if the Achievements score is something worth pursuing or if it's more of a case of just playing the game normally and accidentally triggering them like it happened with the first 6+ thousands of points.

Anyway, I still like this game, so don't take this as a mad rambling, more like a constructive criticism. To be fair the achievements are really cool and varied, way more varied than I expected it when I decided to focus on them. But it takes an experience like this to kinda ruin it for you. Now I'm raising 400 Marapis blocks to be able to build a Mine in the Den and that's only one of the subitems required for a single achievement. Not sure how long it will take but if at the end of it it doesn't work because of some hidden disclaimer, it's a pretty good reason to get pissed :)

PS: I'm not even sure it's possible to get 40 difficulty in all terrains without Norstrian Carpentry. I know that back then when I made the plan for this achievement I worked quite a bit with different structures and materials to discover a config that would allow me to get it in a decent time span and ended up with the Norstrian thing that would help me check a bunch of terrains and then a Soletto Slate Roof for a few others. I'm curious what structures other people used to complete this achievement.

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Tue 14 May 2019, 11:18

glumetzul wrote:PS: I'm not even sure it's possible to get 40 difficulty in all terrains without Norstrian Carpentry.

Some achievements aren't possible "for the moment", because we don't have the right items in game.
I'll ask if it's possible to add a description to some of them.
---

Sazla
Défricheur
Realm: Vodekan

Postby Sazla » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 17:13

and now i wanna now

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 17:15

We don't add new wood. If it was not possible on May, it's not possible today.
---

Euphemia
Citoyen

Postby Euphemia » Sat 20 Jul 2019, 15:23

It's possible if you use ten pieces of the new fabric, Massilan, in an insulated wall.

Zynthos
Citoyen
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby Zynthos » Mon 10 Aug 2020, 12:32

Euphemia wrote:It's possible if you use ten pieces of the new fabric, Massilan, in an insulated wall.

Good Joke :D

Return to “Help and FAQ”