Why do guild agreements add encumbrance?

infael
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Why do guild agreements add encumbrance?

Postby infael » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 17:23

I moved 10 academic agreements to my inv to prevent someone else from using (my guild leader knows I'm collecting agreements for Den delegation).I That added encumbrance to my bag.

I consider this a bug. I just wanted to see what others think before I file a bugrep with Virtys.

Nina
Traducteur

Re: Why do guild agreements add encumbrance?

Postby Nina » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 17:49

As far as I can tell, it's because it is a guild item. Like the festival tabs. Nobody should be taking them out of the guild hall anyhow, since they are only used at the guild hall for guild purposes. Even if other people were using them, they'd be using them for a different festival... Essentially, there is no reason to move them anywhere, so the encumbrance shouldn't matter.

If you're that worried someone in your guild is going to use them to run another fest - maybe send out a guild mail asking that they put other festivals on hold for a while. Worst case scenario, revoke withdrawal access from members who might use them.

dombili
Traducteur

Postby dombili » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 18:59

You should not be able to take them away and go to another guild with them.

Stormi
Emperator

Postby Stormi » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 23:30

Any item with encumbrance is returned to the guild if some one quits or is kicked from the guild. This in turn prevents theft or the use of Guild linked items from being taken to another guild. So, the Encumbrance is simply stating it is a guild item.

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:41

It's not a bug ;)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Gopol
Mystique
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Gopol » Wed 01 Feb 2017, 13:23

Not a bug indeed but this being said, it would be nice if we could have 2 "bags" per domain/hall.

And even nicer if we could define access rights for the second bags independently of the access rights to the first and perhaps name the "bags".

I'm sure many guilds would be willing to pay say 200bc for the privilege.

That might not be enough to cover the complete development cost of the feature but it would help.

Since crafts, quests etc do not look for ingredients in the domain/hall anyway, it shouldn't be too complex to implement.

Return to “General”