Guide for Quick Progression of Alts

DarkShade
Emperator
Realm: Fauconnia

Guide for Quick Progression of Alts

Postby DarkShade » Mon 11 Jan 2016, 00:20

So this is going to be a bit of an odd guide, but essentially this is a guide for people with at least one endgame-level character who are looking to bring their alts through Lanfar and Den, and into Norstria as quickly and as easily as possible. I started a new character (this one had all 'perks' unlocked: extra comp slots, et cetera; but this guide should be feasible without these), and using assistance from other alts and main's gear (high-end jewelry, clothes, and such) was able to get to the Lanfar in <48 hours (can be done faster, which I will try in next run), get to Den in <96, complete Den (get Gaspard and Volc/Voli) in <120, and finished the Soriason questline in <168. So I was able to complete the major questlines in a week. I did this with the absolute minimum number of tasks possible. My end result culminated in about 60 hours of tasks, not including exploration, sleep, or combat which will differ for everyone. This is my guide of how I managed this, and what I used (note: some of these tasks don't have to be completed in exactly in this order, and you could complete this with inferior armor, but you don't have to worry about combat much if you follow my recommendations).

List of Items Used
Exceptional Wingu Clothing Set (including coif)
Exceptional Firm Leather Armor Set (preference)
Tin/tin Harnois Armor Set (preference)
Bronze/Steel Harnois Armor Set (preference)
4c Centaur Bracelet (4.8u, 4.9p, 4.8m, 4.9d, 5.0sno)
4c Phoenix Bracelet (4.9f, 5.0h, 4.6swa, 4.8c, 4.8sea)
4c Centaur Necklace (4.8u, 4.9p, 5.0m, 4.9d, 4.9sno)
4c Phoenix Necklace (4.9f, 5.1h, 4.9swa, 5.0c, 4.5sea)
Royor Talisman
Princania Talisman
4c Unicorn Bracelet (4.7 taming)
4c Ice Bracelet (4.6 exploration, 4.8 leadership)
Precise Drosade Compass (17 exploration)
Superior Reptilian Leather Whip (21 taming)
16 cervid meat
1 dexterity vial (Bear taming)
4 oatmeal
Rustic Silk Tabard (27 leadership)
1 Mara/Odi Compass (35 exploration),
5 Fir Framework (fighting pit)
10 Marl Foundations (fighting pit)
15 Fir Foundations (stage)
15 Fir Planks Walls (stage)
15 Fir Shingle Roof (stage)
2 Marl Towers (stage)
2 Dummies (fighting pit and stage)
10 Cedar Framework (shelter)
10 Linen Cloth Walls (shelter)
10 Linen Cloths Roofs (shelter)
Iriandanild Well (shelter, needs to have at least 29 prestige well)
Crodor Trophy (shelter, needs to have at least 25 leadership ornament)
Precise Fortified Whip (33 taming)
Precise Steel Scraper (24 archeology)
1 exploration amp (Huntigwood Exploration)
1 coord vial (Elisime blunt offense skill check)
32 bovine meat
1 regular dom/mara/silk spying case (31 spying)
Superior Mara/Blu Compass (41 exploration)
1 leadership/spying vial (High-level Den skill checks)
40 chanderian logs
1 cut phoenix eye, deep stone, and centaur’s tear
2 cut amethyst, 2 jade, 2 obsidian, 1 opal, 1 quartz, 1 tsavorite, 1 amber, 1 garnet, and 1 lapis lazuli
1 ayrann leather whip (38 taming)
1 taming vial (for check at Catorpicar’s Lair)

1. Choose Fauna and complete the Hope Island Quests (do the extra exploration training).
2. Equip your character with the Exceptional Wingu Set (not including tabard), and Exceptional Firm Leather Set (which should be able to be equipped from the start, other armor is possible but go for someone along the same stat lines 20/20/20).
3. Do Basic of Leadership and Exploration [Craneharbor] and Animal Training [Berius Wood]
4. Find Serwin Tower and Old Cabin [If you plan on completing Lanfar can also find Faurash Tower. If you plan on completing Den can also find Longclaw Mine and Sahod's Oasis].
5. Buy Plains of Hawkoria Concession (Hawkoria), build it, and expand to 4000 space.
6. Accept 'Raven Inn' (Hawkoria).
7. Tame a Wild Pony [to raise taming and get exploration comp] (Whitestone Fields), x2 Guards (Raven Inn) [pick up Shelter recipe while here], and a Bear (Silver Mountains) [will need a dexterity vial to get high enough for bear].
8. Accept 'Becoming a Hero' (Craneharbor) and complete Mushroom Cave.
9. Accept 'My Apprentice' and 'The First Circle' (Teasan Village)
10. Accept ‘Looking for the Imps’ (Serwin Tower), Complete Serwin Tower, and complete 'My Apprentice'.
11. Accept 'A Friend in Need' and 'Rumors of Ghosts' (Hawkoria)
12. Complete 'Ruined Engagement' then 'Meeting Sor Choubard' (Hawkoria and Craneharbor).
13.. Complete Old Cabin [*Important Note: try to get all defenses and offenses to at least 10].
14. Finish 'A Friend in Need' (Hawkoria) [get Yraen]
15. Complete Avidel Arena, complete 'First Circle', and Accept 'The Second Circle' (Teasan)
16. Get Fighting Pit recipe (Avidel)
17. Accept 'Preparing to Fight the Ratkins' (Hawkoria) [opens School of Arms for combat training).
18. Train Defenses to equip Tier 2 armor [my choice was the tin harnois at 33/32/35, note: equipping princania talisman will help you level faster].
19. Find the Landel Parks and collect 7 proofs (Acacia then Beryl then Wolvera)
20. Finish 'Rumors of Ghosts' and Accept 'The Lanfar Needs You' and 'White Bridge' (Hawkoria)
21. Congratulations, you are now in Lanfar.
22. Build Concession in Loudthunder Forest, Expand to 1500 space, and Build Shelter [needs at least 32 prestige].
23. Recruit a Sister in Arms and Squire.
24. Complete Brech Arena, then get Stage recipe (Faurash Tower)
25. Build Fighting Pit and Stage in Hawkoria Concession.
26. Train Defenses to equip T3 armor [mine was 52/49/46, might consider a slightly different armor for dealing with high slashing offense of Tormenting Ogre in Den]
27. Learn Swamp (Enorwen Trading Post)
28. Find Maliken Harbor, Torten Camp, Moccasin Inn, [If you plan on completing Den, can find Bandit's Camp, Bolgatur Fortress, Occult Meeting, Battlefield, and Borzem Camp]
29. Accept 'The Missing Merchant' (Enorwen), 'A World of Words' (Torten).
30. Finish 'The Missing Merchant' (11, 241; and Maliken), then 'A World of Words' (Torten).
31. Learn Archeology (Hawkoria).
32. Train Exploration [need to get searching to at least 25 to reach 12 archeology requirement for accepting 'The Enigma of Dowen'. Also will need higher exploration to explore in Huntingwood, exploration ampoule will probably be needed.]
33. Accept 'The Enigma of Dowen' (Moccasin)
34. Complete 'More Clues' (Abandoned Coastal Village, and offsite locations)
35. Accept 'Terror on Eight Legs' (Abandoned Coastal Village) and complete it (Spider's Nest).
36. Accept 'A Last Trail to Follow' (Spider's Nest)
37. Complete 'Get to the Bare Bones' and 'A Last Trail to Follow' (Dowen Cellar).
38. Complete 'The Enigma of Dowen' (Moccasin)
39. Find Kor Shelian's Cabin, Collapsed Tower, Old Western Tower, Old Northern Tower, and Old Castle in Ruins [Can also find Windthrows if doing Den]
40. Accept 'You Remember Sor Choubard' (Hawkoria).
41. Finish 'You Remember Sor Choubard' and Accept 'Headaches' (Torten).
41. Complete 'Power of Paper' then 'Headaches' and Accept 'Fighting for Headaches' (Kor Shelian's Cabin and Raven Inn)
42. Complete Dreamy Clearing
43. Finish 'Fighting for Headaches' (Kor Shelian's Cabin)
44. Complete 'All I Want to Say Is Thank You' and Accept 'Lost Little Tortens' (Torten).
45. Complete 'Lost Little Tortens' (offsite) and Accept 'Friends in the Mountain' (Torten).
46. Complete 'Torten Artifact' (Collapsed Tower, Old Castle in Ruins, Old Northern Tower, Old Western Tower)
47. Accept 'Cooperation' (Collapsed Tower)
48. Clear Elisime [might need coordination vial to pass 33 blunt offense check depending on your skills]
49. Complete 'One Last Factor' (Collapsed Tower)
50. Finish 'Friends in the Mountain' (Torten)
51. Congratulations, you are now in the Den.
52. Complete 'First Time at Den' (Den's Doors) then Complete 'Rules of the Den' and Accept 'Meeting the Archduke' (Guard Station)
53. Learn Spying (Hawkoria)
54. Acquire x4 commercial favors, x2 academic favors, and x2 criminal favors (Maliken) [levels spying and will be needed for quests later].
55. Recruit Varanus (Longclaw Mine) [you need him for cave bonus]
55. Find Heinfeig, Black River, Den's Academy, and Immured Market.
56. Complete the Gaspard Questline (start Heinfeig) [not going to elaborate on this because this guide viewtopic.php?f=37&t=246 covers it.] x4 Rec Letters
57. Accept 'Fain's Recommendation' and 'Hero or Courier' (Black River)
58. Complete 'Hero or Courier' (Hawkoria, Bandit's Camp, and Avidel) [choose the "wait for evanstrong" option, as the hunting or combat options in Town Square are beyond your skill.] x1 Rec Letter
59. Complete 'Recommendation from Naim' (Immured Market) x1 Rec Letter
60. Accept 'Naim's Fiance' (Immured)
61. Accept 'Finding a Bodyguard for Naim' (Occult Meeting) and complete it (Battlefield).
62. Accept 'Find a Remedy for Zoette' (Occult Meeting) and complete it (Kor Shelian's Cabin)
63. Complete 'Naim's Fiance' (Occult Meeting and Immured Market) x3 Rec Letter
64. Accept ‘Customer Service’ then ‘Calming Arico Somerio’, ‘From Halmvik to Agra Guarda’, and ‘Help from Nunzio’ (Black River then Moccasin Inn)
65. Complete ‘From Halmvik to Agra Guarda’ (Maliken, Hawkoria, Borzem, Sahod’s, and Windthrows) [will need to use Nunzio for the latter 3 checks]
66. Complete ‘Calming Arico Somerio’ then ‘Customer Service’ and Accept ‘At Fain’s Service’ (Moccasin then Black River) x1 Rec Letter
67. Accept ‘The Imperturbable Poet’ (Maliken)
68. Complete associated checks (Maliken, Enorwen, Mocassin, and Bolgatur) and then ‘The Mederick Choubard Mystery’ (Bolgatur).
69. Complete ‘The Imperturbable Poet’, ‘At Fain’s Service’ and ‘Fain’s Recommendation’ (Maliken and Black River) Rec Letter x4
70. Accept ‘A Worrying Uncertainty’ (Den’s Academy)
71. Accept ‘Kor Shelian’s Troubles’ (Kor Shelian’s Cabin) and Complete (Maliken)
72. Finish ‘A Worrying Uncertainty’ (Den’s Academy) Rec Letter x1
73. Accept ‘A Good Thief Know How to Go Unnoticed’ (Heinfeig)
74. Complete associated checks (Den’s Academy, Immured, and Guard Station) and then Complete ‘A Good Thief Know How to Go Unnoticed’ (Heinfeig) Rec Letter x2
75. Complete ‘Meeting the Archduke’ (Guard Station)
76. Accept and Complete ‘Treasures of Den’ (Guard Station)
77. Congrats on your Den Deed and Volc/Voli
78. Raise Leadership to at least 43 to equip Wingu Tabard to pass more difficult leadership checks [will probably require guild membership and access to a mansion]
79. Complete ‘Norstrian Adventure’ and then pass the checks to get to Norstria (Maliken Harbor) [use Cerry for any checks beyond your skills]
80. Explore for Halmvik, Fortified Creek (Lufomir), then Tatarak, and Night Archer’s Inn (Forest of Last Assault).
81. Level Snow until you can explore in Starfield, then find Molin Ruins, Farlamburg, Aifaran’s Laboratory and Gilfaniel’s Laboratory (Jotun Forest).
82. Accept and Complete ‘No Regrets’ (Noroft Port) [Follow Norstria Guide to the Caleron questline for this. You only need to do the questline up to the point where you receive the Recognitions. Will need Taming Vial for check at Catorpicar’s Lair]
83. Accept ‘My Eyes and Ears’ (Halmvik) [Follow Norstria Guide to Soriason questline for this. Use Recognition for the quest ‘Pass the Gate’ to enter Molin Ruins]
84. [Note: you should be able to finish both of these with minimal combat and can use the flee method to get through the labs]
85. Congratulations, you now have 20 Reputation for Soriason and can establish Concessions [if you want to get to 40 to establish Concessions everywhere, I would recommend digging for runes to get the old currency quickly]

Please comment with any glaring errors, confusing areas, inconsistencies, or improvements you may have.

Deva
Bourlingueur

Re: Guide for Quick Progression of Alts

Postby Deva » Mon 11 Jan 2016, 01:28

Crafts (4.9 Urban, 4.9 Plains, 5.0 Mountain, 4.9 Desert, 5.0 Snow) Centaur Tear jewelry with Blueroc/Lithosnow/Salandrin. (Managed with mildly worse, clearly. Wished to point out a better option.)

How useful was Stage and Fighting Pit? Did you demolish -> rebuild -> fight -> demolish -> rebuild -> fight -> ... ? (May or may not have eliminated that.) Seems slow otherwise.

Recommends switching Gaspard's link to this.

Aifaran's Laboratory, not Alfaniel's Laboratory. Should note leveling Forest (45) for Gilfaniel's Laboratory too. Hits Wingu's weak spot. (Prefers Olkznar Lankarian for that. Remains far from necessary, of course.)

Was Soriason's 40 Urban + 25 Sea problematic? Saw no mention of leveling Urban or Sea. Listed no Mobility potions either. Did Elisime provide enough Urban? Did you grind at Bolgatur Fortress? Did Young Lord trivialize it? Never mind. Forgot about wearing a land necklace and land bracelet simultaneously.

Needs Old Currency for Soriason, not Ancestral Dice. (Gathers Old Currency through digging Norstrian artifacts, as mentioned.)

DarkShade
Emperator

Postby DarkShade » Mon 11 Jan 2016, 01:45

Good note on the Gilfaniel's Laboratory, got Cerry and Hero up to 45 forest apiece, which, with wingu and jewelry makes the check, but it is a close one. The Fighting Pit was actually extremely useful, the cooldown on battles is half an hour and your armor can take a lot of hits at that level, so each battle can take some time, so there isn't too much waiting. It's not worth dismantling the Fighting Pit because you don't get all the marl foundations (which you have to make yourself) back. The Stage was useful though slightly less so because of the hour cooldown; dismantling would probably work well with that as you only need extra NPC structures, but didn't think of that. Will try that next time.

Also fixed the errors you noted and changed the Gaspard Guide link. Thank you.

Will also look into Olkznar Lankarian outfit for next run. I don't have a set atm, and I'm not sure how many do, but I will look into it.

Valkyrie
Testeur

Postby Valkyrie » Mon 11 Jan 2016, 09:32

It looks nice.. However, can you sort these stuff a bit? It looks a bit hard to 'view' without some space/bold/color/sorting logic

Also, I would suggest having a few sets of tools (since alt is low and its levels wont be enough for your main's tools)

DarkShade
Emperator

Postby DarkShade » Mon 11 Jan 2016, 19:40

I didn't add any other tools, as this was the minimum for what you needed to reach certain stages of the game, and the item list is ordered in approximate order of when you needed the items. It's up to the individual what they would want to unlock once they unlocked the areas, so then they would have to decide what tools they would want to use. Will look into reformatting for clarity, but that's not really my specialty. I'm more of a hard data person.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Fri 18 Mar 2016, 17:38

Remembered having read this guide before. Recently taking alts through Lanfar. Seems a few steps are missing. Hit many roadblocks already.

Does this person still play? Do they plan on updating this guide? Hope so. Would be one I'd use quite a bit.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

DarkShade
Emperator

Postby DarkShade » Sat 19 Mar 2016, 01:23

Yes, I do still play avidly and would be happy to correct/improve the guide if you would mind telling me what's missing. I have also found a number of avenues that make alt progression easier if not quicker, such as using inn instead of shelter for lanfar and getting leadership to 60 earlier, among others. Not sure what people would prefer, quickest or easiest. This guide initially was based off a single run with me attempting to foresee other barriers with more or less luck but it's far from perfect.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sat 19 Mar 2016, 05:37

When I get some time I'll go through and see what I would recommend. Not sure when that would be. It's not a bad guide, by any means.

The part I got stuck on already was in Dowen for the Cerry quest. Still technically stuck there, I think. I haven't had time to go back and see if I can get through it yet.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Sat 19 Mar 2016, 12:47

With the armor recommended in the guide you should have zero issue with Dowen. Really armor with high 30s pierce defense and some healing potions should see you through it.

Tirion
Citoyen
Realm: Hipporiel

Postby Tirion » Sat 19 Mar 2016, 13:00

DarkShade wrote:Yes, I do still play avidly and would be happy to correct/improve the guide if you would mind telling me what's missing. I have also found a number of avenues that make alt progression easier if not quicker, such as using inn instead of shelter for lanfar and getting leadership to 60 earlier, among others. Not sure what people would prefer, quickest or easiest. This guide initially was based off a single run with me attempting to foresee other barriers with more or less luck but it's far from perfect.

I would love 2 see "easier" version.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sat 19 Mar 2016, 15:14

It wasn't the combat I was stuck on. It was certain skill checks.

DarkShade
Emperator

Postby DarkShade » Sat 19 Mar 2016, 20:06

What skill check? I'll look into it. Also, I'll move another alt through trying to use the 'easier' strategy. Will still take high-level equipment but should be less overall effort. Will update as I go through though.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sun 20 Mar 2016, 02:43

Sounds great. I'll look into what skill check it was. It may have even been for something optional, and I didn't realize that it was. One of the reasons I like this type of guide. It keeps me focused on doing what is actually necessary, and away from all the optional crap. (of which there is tons)

Eonkshu
Citoyen

Postby Eonkshu » Sun 27 Mar 2016, 00:30

About point 19 - "Find the Landel Parks and collect 7 proofs (Acacia then Beryl then Wolvera)" - maybe could be useful to add a link to the guide how to pick the proofs quickly http://therian-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Rumo ... osts#Notes, what do you think?

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:35

Working on some stuff this week to get that alt ready to try Dowen again. Got him in Wingu, minus the tabard. He had Huberian Haute-Couture before. Getting him a Varanus, to help with cave. Got him some squires; the blunt offense should help. Will work on getting him some jewelry. Then, this weekend, I will give it another go.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Fri 24 Jun 2016, 13:20

Never did get his jewelry, but I finally completed Dowen. Now onto Dreamy and such... Woo.

Really starting to see the amount of work that went into this. I was wondering about the wingu coif. That makes sense now due to the fact that a typical alt won't be able to wear the tabard. I also questioned the terrain bracelet and necklace being needed, but I understand that now.

:update:
Completed Dreamy, and a few other things. I'm going to use the 28 engineering check at Elisime, though, so working on reaching that now.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Tue 28 Jun 2016, 08:31

In Den now. I recommend switching your Gaspard link to...

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=246

Both of yours have .net in them, and that isn't working, at least not for me.

Emdora
Bâtisseur
Realm: Kragkul

Postby Emdora » Sat 13 Aug 2016, 16:57

Good guide!!!

:shock:
Gremio Artesanos de Vinael
Guerreros Imperiales / !! Revelation ¡¡
Hermanos de Lanfar
Sinergia
Schützersen

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sun 23 Apr 2017, 19:51

I used this again for another alt. I got 16 rec letters without doing "a worrying uncertainty" (which was changed to "an alarming situation" by the way). Is there another reason that this quest is included in the guide? Also you should still change your gaspard quest guide link to the one with .com

I will be taking many many more characters through to Den, and will be using your guide for it. I really appreciate you posting it.

Arakismo
Citoyen
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Arakismo » Wed 26 Apr 2017, 17:06

Interesting, i'll try that on the new server with my alts, thanks for sharing! :)
''Mes ancêtres me sourient, Impériaux! Pouvez-vous en dire autant?''

-Joueur depuis le 18/04/2012

Return to “General”