Guide to TherianSim Herbalism (now with pictures!!)

Melindra
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Guide to TherianSim Herbalism (now with pictures!!)

Postby Melindra » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 23:09

TherianSim.com has become the most powerful, dependable and indispensable tool for playing Therian Saga. However, it's user interface is not easy to use. (sorry, aknoth!) I hope this picture guide will help those of you who are reluctant to use it.

Step 1:
Click Simulators>Herbalism (the herbalism overview is for finding "best potions")
step01.png
step01.png (51.85 KiB) Viewed 5939 times

Step 2:
Choose a skill from the dropdown that you want to make a potion for. In this case, let's choose "Cave".
step02.png
step02.png (15.15 KiB) Viewed 5939 times

Step 3:
Minimum score to reach means the MINIMUM stat you want your potion to have. If you leave at 0, the sim will not give any results. Let's put 2.
"Up to +" 2. This means the sim will add 2 to our minimum, which will find potions up to +4. If you put in 8, it will add 8 to your minimum and find potions up to +10. :lol:
step03.png
step03.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 5939 times

Step 4:
Input here your Effective herbalism skill without a potion. This way the sim will ONLY find potions that YOU can make. :)
If you check the box, it will list ALL potions without regard to skill level.
step04.png
step04.png (4.02 KiB) Viewed 5939 times

Step 5:
If you want to find potions that are also a bit outside of your effective skill level, input a value here for the herbalism potion you have access to. For example, my effective skill is 63, and if I put 7 in this box, it will give me potions up to level 70 to make. You should leave this field at "0" if you don't want to use a herbalism potion when finding your results. However, often you can be just outside of range to make your desired potion, so putting a small number in here, like 2 or 3, will give more results.
step05.png
step05.png (2.23 KiB) Viewed 5939 times

Continued next post due to photo limit restriction......

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Re: Guide to TherianSim Herbalism (now with pictures!!)

Postby Melindra » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 23:09

Step 6:
This is the BEST part! Here you can choose the herbs that you have access to for the sim to use in its search. The sim will magically remember your choices so you don't have to keep inputting this in every time! (All Hail Aknoth!!)
step06.png
step06.png (11.08 KiB) Viewed 5938 times

Step 7:
Here you can choose to use "runes" for making runic potions. This is advanced stuff and incredibly useful late-game, but for now, let's uncheck the box so we don't get any runic potions in the search.
step07.png
step07.png (3.08 KiB) Viewed 5938 times

Step 8:
Here we can choose to use meta plants in our search. Again, more late game and not accessible for early/mid game. So let's uncheck this box, too.
step08.png
step08.png (10.25 KiB) Viewed 5938 times

Step 9:
Let's see what happens!!
step09.png
step09.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 5938 times

Step 10:
Now we get a BUNCH of results. It's sorted by highest cave skill to lowest cave skill. We can further change the results by selecting or deselecting more herbs in Step 6. You can also sort by the Difficulty, the Type of potion (Vial or Ampoule), the toxicity, or potion duration.
step10.png
step10.png (28.09 KiB) Viewed 5938 times

Now you should have everything you need to make ALL the POTIONZ!!!
Hope you found this useful and hope you love theriansim as much as I do <3<3<3<3
~Mel

BTW, we need a heart emote on the forum, please!

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 07:59

In step 3, it is possible to put decimals (eg .2).
I use it when the list with +1 is too long

Screenshot_6.jpg
Screenshot_6.jpg (132.71 KiB) Viewed 5903 times

For the heart : ♥ (alt+3)
* Would like full of other emote but it is not yet in the top of the list of things to do *
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

aknoth
Bâtisseur

Postby aknoth » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 11:35

Thank you very much for this post and your kind words.

If you have suggestions, I am open to change some fields' descriptions if it helps (with same average width though), however it should now be crystal clear with your explaination.

I should take some time to do the same for the french forum or even directly on the website. Especially for personnal lists (setting and use).

NB : for step 7/8, if "include runism" is unchecked no need to clear runes or meta plants select box, they won't be included in the simulation.

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:04

Céline wrote:In step 3, it is possible to put decimals (eg .2).

Thank you for clarifying this! Yes, all number fields can accept decimals as input. I used whole numbers for simplicity. :)
♥♥♥

aknoth wrote:Thank you very much for this post and your kind words.

If you have suggestions, I am open to change some fields' descriptions if it helps (with same average width though), however it should now be crystal clear with your explaination.

I should take some time to do the same for the french forum or even directly on the website. Especially for personnal lists (setting and use).

NB : for step 7/8, if "include runism" is unchecked no need to clear runes or meta plants select box, they won't be included in the simulation.

Thank you for the clarification! You are also welcome to use my pictures on the French forum, if that's easier for you. I personally don't have any suggestions to change the field names. Your sims make perfect sense to me. However, I see lots of people in global who don't know how to use this (*stares at Laer*) and I really don't understand why not. Hopefully this will bridge the gap. ♥

Return to “General”