Fighting pit / Stage observations and questions...

Hardsun
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Fighting pit / Stage observations and questions...

Postby Hardsun » Wed 19 Jul 2017, 12:05

Im playing on Loucantar and recently i had some reports from members who got better then basic ones ~good (like 15+/- in all stats ) combat dummies in their Stages that they were able to skill up on those up to 50-51 skills in attack and defence.

In the same time people say enemies dont grow in levels and being in normal 40 +/-3 (37-43) range at Stage. But they managed to skill up past 48 personal and comanions skill on those. Just had a report from guild member where he showed his Cerridwen managed to get 48 blunt attack hitting 40 defence enemy at Stage. So its not up to +5 max as its normally happens.

Looks like better combat dummies not only add some points to personal att/def when one do training fights but also increase possible frame of skill ups?
Also i see Stage can has a "Fame" number (not sure about Fighting Pit) - does it affect anything ? Probably some hidden bonus like better loot chance from fights, or just higher chance to get better potions itc ?

Looks strange and very unclear with no visible bonuses but might be some hidden ones. Would be nice to get some clarification from devs and i would like to see other players opinions on this matter.

aknoth
Bâtisseur

Re: Fighting pit / Stage observations and questions...

Postby aknoth » Wed 19 Jul 2017, 12:22

Hardsun wrote:In the same time people say enemies dont grow in levels and being in normal 40 +/-3 (37-43) range at Stage. But they managed to skill up past 48 personal and comanions skill on those. Just had a report from guild member where he showed his Cerridwen managed to get 48 blunt attack hitting 40 defence enemy at Stage. So its not up to +5 max as its normally happens.

For combat, the limit is higher then the regular +5 applying to crafts. It has been reported sometimes as +7, so why not +8

Hardsun wrote:Looks like better combat dummies not only add some points to personal att/def when one do training fights but also increase possible frame of skill ups?
Also i see Stage can has a "Fame" number (not sure about Fighting Pit) - does it affect anything ? Probably some hidden bonus like better loot chance from fights, or just higher chance to get better potions itc ?

Dummies only modify our location bonus, nothing else. And fame is useless here.

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Wed 19 Jul 2017, 12:36

Its just strange i had a Stage with very basic combat dummy - and i had hard times even skilling up to ~48.
And i did a lot of fights ... and 2 people who had better dummies just reporting they have easy time skilling up to ~50lvl on those. We dont have numbers - just general observations. Makes people think better dummies increase skill up range a bit.

Also if its not +5 for combat .. then how much ? Do we have any official numbers or something .. is it +7 ... or is it +20 with lowering chance ?

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 21:05

So can we have some info from devs on this point - if Prestige/Fame affect training combat buildings in any way ?

Gopol
Mystique
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Gopol » Mon 31 Jul 2017, 13:12

I think they said up to +7 or maybe 8, no more.

As for prestige, well, like any building with prestige it can serve to put prestige base companion on passive harvesting if it is the highest prestige building you have in that home.

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Wed 02 Aug 2017, 01:24

But its kind of sounds stupid to use combat training building for passive harvesters prestige scores ?..
And im more intrested in if actual combat buildings profit from fame/prestige scores somehow at all or not - currently its hard to tell without looking into game code. Cant call it good and user-friendly design.

Return to “General”