Clarification about building materials

Fysh
Citoyen
Realm: -

Clarification about building materials

Postby Fysh » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 08:38

As far as I understand it the different building materials are used to enable buildings to be placed on more difficult terrain. For instance if I want to build a Hunting Area in Silver Mountain's I need to use pine or maple, or anything else with enough Mountain stat?

I also believe I am correct in saying that the efficiency of the Hunting Area is determined by the level of Trap used?

So now my main question: Does the building material affect the efficiency of the Hunting Area in any way, or are there any other benefits from using more expensive materials than pine when building in the Silver Mountains?

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: Clarification about building materials

Postby Lifewarden » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 08:47

most of the buildings doesn't benefit from the quality of constructions mats, those that do is usually some kind of teaching building or a castle. Use http://theriansim.com/buildings.php to determine the optimal material composition for any given area.

Fysh
Citoyen

Postby Fysh » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 08:59

Thanks, that is helpful. I also assume the building materials affect Comfort levels in tents or houses?

If I have a tent where I have stored several items and companions, what happens to the items and companions if I temporarily demolish it to build a better version?

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Sniq » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 10:29

Fysh wrote:Thanks, that is helpful. I also assume the building materials affect Comfort levels in tents or houses?

If I have a tent where I have stored several items and companions, what happens to the items and companions if I temporarily demolish it to build a better version?

Building structures do not have "comfort" as one of their attributes, and only towers, fortifications, and dome have "Prestige" attributes.

Comfort comes from furniture or counter used in the in a building.
Each type of building with sleep option has a "base" comfort level. For examples, tent has 5, hut has 10, inn has 20 (see Game Guide; search "General"). The comfort level of a building with a furniture/counter is calculated as

Code: Select all

base + ((100-base)/100 * N);

where N is the comfort level on the furniture/counter.

(round to nearest integer)

Tent has no furniture slot, so its comfort is fixed at 5.

A hut (base 10 comfort) with a fir bed (16 comfort) has an effective comfort level of
10 + (0.9 * 16) = 10 + 14.4 = 24.4 = 24 (round down)

An inn (base 20 comfort) with a complex cedar counter (25 comfort) has an effective comfort level of
20 + (0.8 * 25) = 20 + 20 = 40

Your items and companions are stored in your "concession", not in your tent. Dismantling the building in your concession has no effect on them.
You can have more than one concession (even in the same area). Players rarely need to remove a concession in game. (I don't know what would happen to the companions and items if you try to remove a concession; have never tried that).

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 15:40

Sniq wrote:(I don't know what would happen to the companions and items if you try to remove a concession; have never tried that).

You can't remove a concession if there is : landscaping, construction, items, companions... and you (just go to another place when the concession is empty). And you can't dismantle landscaping / construction if someone use it (active or passive "work"). Same for guild domains.
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

LukeBarret
Défricheur
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby LukeBarret » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 10:23

Fysh wrote:As far as I understand it the different building materials are used to enable buildings to be placed on more difficult terrain. For instance if I want to build a Hunting Area in Silver Mountain's I need to use pine or maple, or anything else with enough Mountain stat?

I also believe I am correct in saying that the efficiency of the Hunting Area is determined by the level of Trap used?

So now my main question: Does the building material affect the efficiency of the Hunting Area in any way, or are there any other benefits from using more expensive materials than pine when building in the Silver Mountains?

According to me, Expensive Materials like pine would be fine in building silver Mountains. :) :) :) :D

LukeBarret
Défricheur

Postby LukeBarret » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 12:42

Sniq wrote:
Fysh wrote:Thanks, that is helpful. I also assume the building materials affect Comfort levels in tents or houses?

Building structures do not have "comfort" as one of their attributes, and only towers, fortifications, and dome have "Prestige" attributes.

Comfort comes from furniture or counter used in the in a building.
Each type of building with sleep option has a "base" comfort level. For examples, tent has 5, hut has 10, inn has 20 (see Game Guide; search "General"). The comfort level of a building with a furniture/counter is calculated as

Code: Select all

base + ((100-base)/100 * N);

where N is the comfort level on the furniture/counter.

(round to nearest integer)

Tent has no furniture slot, so its comfort is fixed at 5.

A hut (base 10 comfort) with a fir bed (16 comfort) has an effective comfort level of
10 + (0.9 * 16) = 10 + 14.4 = 24.4 = 24 (round down)

An inn (base 20 comfort) with a complex cedar counter (25 comfort) has an effective comfort level of
20 + (0.8 * 25) = 20 + 20 = 40

Your items and companions are stored in your "concession", not in your tent. Dismantling the building in your concession has no effect on them.
You can have more than one concession (even in the same area). Players rarely need to remove a concession in game. (I don't know what would happen to the companions and items if you try to remove a concession; have never tried that).

Interesting post and i also liked the formula for calculating the comfort level of a building with a furniture/counter. Looks Great! :) :)

LukeBarret
Défricheur

Postby LukeBarret » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 12:54

LukeBarret wrote:
Fysh wrote:As far as I understand it the different building materials are used to enable buildings to be placed on more difficult terrain. For instance if I want to build a Hunting Area in Silver Mountain's I need to use pine or maple, or anything else with enough Mountain stat?

According to me, Expensive Materials like pine would be fine in building silver Mountains. :) :) :) :D

O yeah!!

Return to “General”