How to set up a forge/ foundary

Conan's Might
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

How to set up a forge/ foundary

Postby Conan's Might » Sat 04 Nov 2017, 09:14

Hi guys,

I have a comission and mine set up in the Three Brothers mountain for Iron ore. I currently have an Inn in Loundtunder Forest in Lanfar.

What buildings will I need to set up a foundary and or forge to start mass producing Ingots?

Thanks for feedback! (peeps are very helpful on this forum :) )

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Re: How to set up a forge/ foundary

Postby Lifewarden » Sat 04 Nov 2017, 10:53

harno fab

PlainSpell
Citoyen

Postby PlainSpell » Sat 04 Nov 2017, 11:33

There are level 20 workshops with level 20 strengths in Maliken harbor.

In your own home you can build workshops with a machine and a mill, and you need quite a few. Recipes for workshop and machines should be somewhere in Hawk (=City of Hawkoria). Recipes for mills are learned from a quest line, you probably know at least some already.

For ingots you need a foundry machine and a mill. At first aim for 25+ foundrywork skill on the Foundry machine (=Oven) and 25+ thermal strength on your choice of (massive) mill. Click on recipe then hover over icons bottom left near complexity combo to see which skills the machine provides.

Both machine and mill are made by an engineer, so first you will need a workshop with engineering machine and a mill. And you will have to build the first set of these in Maliken. Aim for 25+ as well.

Expect to demolish and rebuild each workshop once you can make a machine with 5 more levels than the current one. Less than that only when that is all that you need and you need it now.

These components in turn need materials to build. For instance my favorite 38 water mill requires a lot of soft leather. The easiest source would be hunting stags, then they must be skinned (=hunting machine) and tanned (=tanning machine).

Another source for soft leather could be behiran in the nearby swamp. It has 40% presence, so setting up a a hunting area with a 30+ hunting mechanism (not machine!) will help with the percentage a bit.

When building the best you can, don't forget to use best place, best companion, best tool, best jewelry, and potion. You will need them all.

--
Your answer should be somewhere in there. I try to do stuff on my own and knowing this early on would have helped me save months, so I hope this helps someone.

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Sat 04 Nov 2017, 15:51

Or you (both) could have asked in genchat and got either access to the guild facilities with far better stats than you can ever build alone, or got an advice how to waste not your time and do stuff in an efficient way

Arakismo
Citoyen
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Arakismo » Sat 04 Nov 2017, 22:17

Yep, building your own workshop is not really efficient if you can make one for the guild with better stats, focus directly on the best machine you can build and at least the 50 watermill with oceanite/fortified/melandrin or nuerte. If you don't have a HL engineer in the guild, just ask in global, there is plenty even on the new server(some people are already 78+ and can craft volca forge there)
''Mes ancêtres me sourient, Impériaux! Pouvez-vous en dire autant?''

-Joueur depuis le 18/04/2012

Ambrielle
Emperator

Postby Ambrielle » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 09:59

Arakismo wrote:Yep, building your own workshop is not really efficient if you can make one for the guild with better stats, focus directly on the best machine you can build and at least the 50 watermill with oceanite/fortified/melandrin or nuerte. If you don't have a HL engineer in the guild, just ask in global, there is plenty even on the new server(some people are already 78+ and can craft volca forge there)

Given where the opening post suggests the player is in the game, those components might be some way beyond them at this time.

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 16:14

Ambrielle wrote:Given where the opening post suggests the player is in the game, those components might be some way beyond them at this time.

Exactly. The OP did not ask how to join a guild or why one does so. So PlainSpell's answer was the correct one. I am a proponent of guild membership, make no mistake - it confers many benefits. But in the early game it's good to make things. It provides a good introduction to how things work that will serve well even at more advanced levels.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 19:45

ok... let's make it plain :lol:

Happy Green: "Hello wonderful world! I want to make things! Making things is cool! The sun is shining and I wanna do cool things yay!!"

Cynical Jerk: "If you are smart enough and isn't another sociopath then there is a small chance that you'll ask the right question"

MMO Soloer: "how to do everything yourself from a scratch: do step 1 do step 2 do step 3 do step 3.1 do step 3.2 do step 4."

Cynical Jerk: "Yeah, disregard the fact that the game is a sandbox where cooperation works just like in the real world, which means you could spend months squirming in a dirt like a lost ant and if you are persistent enough you'll eventually get some (comparatively) pitiful progress. OR, you could join up a team and progress with a speed of light while having an access to a much wider range of stuff you can do. OR, at least cooperate with people in a similar manner but without forming bonds or taking any obligations, which frustrate soloers so much"

Dude: "true"

Another Soloer: "The world is so scary >.< Better to stay in the box."

Douche: "Keep your suggestions to yourself, jerk. Your answer looks offensive so it would benefit me if I'd say something to make it look like I protect the descriptive answer of a Soloer. Plus, as an additional ass-covering maneuver let's agree on the point that guilds are good."

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 20:03

Don't forget the essentiel !
Peace and love guys ;)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 20:22

Lifewarden wrote:ok... let's make it plain :lol:

Cynical Jerk: "...at least cooperate with people in a similar manner but without forming bonds or taking any obligations, which frustrate soloers so much"

But I like bonds >.< :oops: :twisted:

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 20:26

Melindra wrote:
Lifewarden wrote:ok... let's make it plain :lol:

Cynical Jerk: "...at least cooperate with people in a similar manner but without forming bonds or taking any obligations, which frustrate soloers so much"

But I like bonds >.< :oops: :twisted:

Me too! :P Though, most probably, soloers think that it always looks like this:

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 21:32

Lifewarden wrote:Douche: "Keep your suggestions to yourself, jerk. Your answer looks offensive so it would benefit me if I'd say something to make it look like I protect the descriptive answer of a Soloer. Plus, as an additional ass-covering maneuver let's agree on the point that guilds are good."

Wow. You really don't like it when folks disagree, do you? :D
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Arakismo
Citoyen

Postby Arakismo » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 23:43

So, here the fastest way to make a first ''Good'' forge/foundry/almost any machine w/o gathering and solo: Farm the intruder in Town Square and you'll get a ton of great mats to create your firsts basics workshop. The intruder is really easy to farm, you only need a companion or your hero with a good blunt defense(Squire from lanfar inn recommended). That's how I got all my workshops on the first week on the new server. Later you can join or create a guild and build big workshop with rare mats, it's easier with guildies.

PS: That gif is perfect :P

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 11:37

Moderation : Ziiip.

Arakismo
Citoyen

Postby Arakismo » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 00:38

Now I'm curious about this message, but I guess there is a good reason to censor that lol

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 09:38

If someone see suspicious characters in game, better to contact us via mail (support@virtys.com) ;)
---

Arakismo
Citoyen

Postby Arakismo » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 16:51

I see that you deleted the last spammer on the forum, is there any way to prevent that like we did for the in-game ones?

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 17:16

No.
I can't block their name or mail (*@mail.ru or *@gmail.com).
The only way is to activate account validation only by the administrators of the forum, but it's not a good solution.
---

Return to “General”