couple questions

angryplayer
Citoyen
Realm: -

couple questions

Postby angryplayer » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 17:43

Hi, I was just wondering, did the new server, the one that started with steam, were the people able to transfer accounts from other servers to the new server and have however many+ bc items like elixirs etc on their account, that they could have purchased with bc on other server?

second question- i made a mistake trying to tame wyvern without enough meat.. im about 50% short on all meat. How long will the camp i randomly went to to tame wyvern stay there at 50%? will i have to start all over after i find enough meat? or will it still be at 50% in a week or longer? thanks.

Invisiblemonkey
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: couple questions

Postby Invisiblemonkey » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 18:38

the taming progress will stay at 50% for as long as you leave it, and you don't have to visit the same camp to cayy on the taming, you can use any camp in dragons jaw

Cloudigger
Mystique

Postby Cloudigger » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 18:52

angryplayer wrote:Hi, I was just wondering, did the new server, the one that started with steam, were the people able to transfer accounts from other servers to the new server and have however many+ bc items like elixirs etc on their account, that they could have purchased with bc on other server?

second question- i made a mistake trying to tame wyvern without enough meat.. im about 50% short on all meat. How long will the camp i randomly went to to tame wyvern stay there at 50%? will i have to start all over after i find enough meat? or will it still be at 50% in a week or longer? thanks.

The accounts are not linked to one server. It means that you can have an account with characters on many servers. However, you cannot transfer a character from one server to another.

For the camp, you should normally have time to go back to your home, get your meat and come back to tame your wyvern. However, if you do many things or wait a long time before coming back you might lose your "training camp".

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 01:32

Invisiblemonkey wrote:the taming progress will stay at 50% for as long as you leave it, and you don't have to visit the same camp to cayy on the taming, you can use any camp in dragons jaw

I tried moving to another area and to see if you were right since i was really hoping you were.. but anywhere besides my original camp says 0% tamed.... :(

Also, to clarify what I meant about moving accounts between servers. I know you cannot move 1 character to another server, it could break the game obviously. But i am in a friendly debate with a guildie. He says that when Loucantar server started, veteran players from other servers, transferred accounts from other servers with consumables. So my friend said they could have spent thousands of gold buying cheap BC on their server, with gold they spent weeks earning. then move the account to the new server with a considerable advantage since they didnt have to spend real money on BC. does that make sense? is that true to have happened?

Jaeger
Citoyen

Postby Jaeger » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 02:40

My understanding is that there are a limited number of camp spots you can go to (6 or 8) before the game forgets the first spot. Be cautious, visit your camp every day to keep it active and try to travel using established landmarks is my recommendation.

Arakismo
Citoyen
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Arakismo » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 05:00

For the BC thing, yes it's true, a lot of veteran bought BC with the thousands of gold they had to purchase consumable. Consumable on the shop are bind to the account, so they can use it on any server. It helped a couple people to start faster but I don't think it had a big impact on other new players. Some people bought a ton of BC with real money too.
''Mes ancêtres me sourient, Impériaux! Pouvez-vous en dire autant?''

-Joueur depuis le 18/04/2012

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 09:15

The biggest advantage that veterans had when we open Loucantar is the knowledge of the game and having a really good organization.
Some "new" players bought a lot of BC, but without the same level of knowledge and organization, they didn't achieve their goals as fast as veterans.
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Postby Aeschylus » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 11:55

the taming progress will stay at 50% for as long as you leave it, and you don't have to visit the same camp to cayy on the taming, you can use any camp in dragons jaw

Just nb for anyone interested, this is *not* correct, and if you lose a camp you will lose all your progress in taming there. I believe you have a max of two camps per major region (e.g. Lanfar or Norstria), and creating any new ones in that region (or completing a new move action if you've chained a bunch of camps while moving) will erase any in that region past the two most recent ones.

Invisiblemonkey
Citoyen

Postby Invisiblemonkey » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 17:46

Aeschylus wrote:

Just nb for anyone interested, this is *not* correct, and if you lose a camp you will lose all your progress in taming there. I believe you have a max of two camps per major region (e.g. Lanfar or Norstria), and creating any new ones in that region (or completing a new move action if you've chained a bunch of camps while moving) will erase any in that region past the two most recent ones.

i guess i was lucky that my tame was still active after a 6 month break, i apologise for giving out false information

Return to “General”