Some Guidance Please

Nina
Traducteur
Realm: Fauconnia

Some Guidance Please

Postby Nina » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 08:09

Hey there Virtys Team!

I’m sure you’re all busy working hard on the new game, and I can’t wait to see it! Unfortunately, while reading the forum posts, I understand there won’t be any news on this for a few months at least.

Therefore, I’d like to ask a couple of questions about TS.

#1 – Are we getting new content? If so, can we get an idea of when? Like May, June, July? Other than the holiday quests in December, we haven’t had any new content since October of 2018.

#2 – A while back, in a forum post, it was mentioned that you might be rolling out accounts that hold up to 15 characters as oppose to the 5 characters per account that we have now. I know that myself, and others, have been waiting to see where this is going before we build new work spaces on characters we are planning to merge with other characters that have shared homes. Also, quite a few of us have halted on buying more keys or crossovers until we hear more about the 15 characters per account teaser that was dropped months ago (Steam Crossing post from December 2018).

#3 – Lastly, I’m curious to know if there are ideas being worked out for advertising TS to attract more players, or if the new game will be the focus of all advertising in the future?

Thanks bunches!

Nina

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Re: Some Guidance Please

Postby Céline » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 10:35

#1 : yes
-> "What will it mean for Therian Saga? Its fate is not tied to the new game. So its survival will depend on its ability to maintain profitability. As long as it is there and that Virtys lives, Therian Saga will continue to evolve."

#2 : When saying that, it was not possible to transfer characters between virtys and steam accounts. 15char/account was a solution, not the only one. As we now can transfer characters, not sure they're still working on this.

# : yes
-> " At the same time, we will start a new advertising campaign that will attract explorers who never heard of Myriaden. We have already done some marketing tests with the Polish community and the results were interesting."
(Myriaden = Therian Saga, not Mist Legacy)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Nina
Traducteur

Postby Nina » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 18:13

Celine, thank you for taking the time to answer.

#1 – My question was not focused on whether or not there would ever be new content on TS, I’ve read that reply you copied and pasted numerous times on the other forum thread. Maybe I wasn’t clear with my question. Let me try again.

I was excited for the new game, and then when I read that the new game was months away at the very least, I decided to focus MY attention on TS. Which is why I would like to know if TS is getting some new content any time soon and when that might be. I’m not looking for an exact date, just an idea.

#2 – Hopefully someone on the team can answer this to everyone’s satisfaction. A “yes it’s happening” with a date, or a “Nope, not gonna happen”, will allow the players in limbo to move forward. Personally, I’m hoping for a “Yes! It’s happening within the month!”.

#3 – It’s great to hear that there will be a marketing campaign for TS! Thanks!

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Sun 21 Apr 2019, 08:09

Im intrested in that as well ... so bumping up :)

Cordelia
Citoyen

Postby Cordelia » Sun 21 Apr 2019, 08:39

Nina wrote:#2 – Hopefully someone on the team can answer this to everyone’s satisfaction. A “yes it’s happening” with a date, or a “Nope, not gonna happen”, will allow the players in limbo to move forward.

In https://forum.theriansaga.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5590&p=34836#p34836 Cloudigger answered thus:

Cloudigger wrote:Right now we are not planning to increase the number. We wanted to do it to help our steam player but we allowed the transfer from Steam account to Virtys account instead.

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Tue 23 Apr 2019, 22:45

I noticed after the news came out, veteran players are already talking about quitting. The news for what content and when it will be added to Theriansaga was extremely vague. The veteran players are supporting the newer players. They help them with questions, with links to guides, with items.But mostly veteran players make things for the market newer players actually need. So a large % of newer players who stay with the game are buying BC only to sell it for gold, to be able to buy items off the market. When veteran players start quitting because of vague news about the game.. the newer players quality of life is going to go down, and the amount of bc bought will go down.. So basically, by being extremely vague about content updates for veteran players who have spent money on the game for years, but also helped create a environment for new players to spend BC, Therian Saga will die out.. what incentive do veteran players have to keep putting in time for a game when they receive comments like "be patient"..... i truly hope development for Therian Saga becomes more transparent. waiting months without news of any update is saddening for me personally, considering this game is one of my all time favorites, a game i would happily play until i die of old age.

Dorrinda
Citoyen

Postby Dorrinda » Tue 23 Apr 2019, 23:30

You say that the fate of TS depends on us and basically how we keep supporting it. but you seem to be alienating your older player base.
After reading in game chat, the consensus seems to be that announcing a new game that is probably still months away along with no new content, along with not too much new content over the last year is disillusioning a number of players.
If you want us to keep supporting TS you need to give us something.

TirantLoBlanc
Défricheur

Postby TirantLoBlanc » Wed 24 Apr 2019, 08:50

While I am not a top player my level is quite high, and while usually I do not follow chat, sometimes I read it, and sometimes sell what I have when somebody ask for it while usually I sell everything on market, not off.
And I do not plan to leave Therian Saga.

Cadyenie
Citoyen
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Cadyenie » Sat 27 Apr 2019, 03:28

Cordelia wrote:
Nina wrote:#2 – Hopefully someone on the team can answer this to everyone’s satisfaction. A “yes it’s happening” with a date, or a “Nope, not gonna happen”, will allow the players in limbo to move forward.

In https://forum.theriansaga.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5590&p=34836#p34836 Cloudigger answered thus:

Cloudigger wrote:Right now we are not planning to increase the number. We wanted to do it to help our steam player but we allowed the transfer from Steam account to Virtys account instead.

This is disappointing. I had considered adding more characters if they raised the limit. I'm not sure if I want to upgrade a whole account again though.

angryplayer
Citoyen

Postby angryplayer » Tue 30 Apr 2019, 17:27

TirantLoBlanc wrote:While I am not a top player my level is quite high, and while usually I do not follow chat, sometimes I read it, and sometimes sell what I have when somebody ask for it while usually I sell everything on market, not off.
And I do not plan to leave Therian Saga.

If you dont mind playing a game that has no development news for months at a time, a game where someone can ask on the forum about a problem with a money purchase and have a developer respond in less then a day, but at the same time, COMPLETELY IGNORE players who have played this game for years and not address their concerns, then sure, this game is for you... personally, i will not spend another dollar on this game. I only login to queue extremely long tasks now.. i dont make anything for market, why should i.. whats the incentive for me to keep playing at end game with no news of any new content? Hundreds if not thousands of developers show progress of their games monthly, through twitter, patreon, etc. these developers have obviously chosen to ignore simple questions from players who are not only concerned with its future, but also players who have put their own time into the game by making websites of guides designed to dramatically help players.. to me thats pretty shady.. no more money from myself unless things change.. truly disappointed how this game is being supposedly developed, supposedly, because i havent seen any signs of development in months..

Return to “General”