One is the Loneliest Number

Haunted
Défricheur
Realm: Nostria

One is the Loneliest Number

Postby Haunted » Tue 07 May 2019, 08:18

New player and unsure:

I would prefer to concentrate on an individual character but wanted to ask about trades/skills: Is it effective with exclusively one character to level up and use many (or all) trades? Or is it best to choose just one or two?

My character is working on metal and related skills and I anticipate branching out from there; however, I want to ensure a second character is not a requisite to efficient and optimal play.

In short, 1) grab all trades or focus on one or two? 2) one character is fine at endgame or must have a second?

aknoth
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: One is the Loneliest Number

Postby aknoth » Tue 07 May 2019, 09:06

Over time, you will need to level every trade because they are needed to succeed in quests.

The more character you will have, the easiest will be your developpement, especially for gathering many resources to "feed" your main character.

Gloriel
Défricheur

Postby Gloriel » Tue 07 May 2019, 09:37

You will probably want alts to gather ressources for buildings for you.

Most quests require Science (engineering), Fauna (mostly hunting but also taming, and taming is good for companions anyways) or Searching skills (archeology and exploration). You rarely only get one choice of skill, usually one from each of those categories

Haunted
Défricheur

Postby Haunted » Tue 07 May 2019, 18:14

Thank you two for your replies :)

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Thu 09 May 2019, 11:40

I played as a single character for quite a while before adding a few alts to help with gathering resources, so I can confirm that it is a viable path. You will eventually want all the skills.

For advancement, you can increase all your skills farther and faster if you have access to good potions and jewelry, so I suggest developing flora and fashioning early on.

Haunted
Défricheur

Postby Haunted » Thu 09 May 2019, 15:54

Thank you for the specific advice. Fortunately, I just picked up Jewelry and will work on Flora, botany, and herbalism next.

Soon I will cook up potions by the score while lightning flashes and thunder peals and booms... evil cackle ...

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and caldron bubble.
Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

Return to “General”