Depths Boss

fingon
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Depths Boss

Postby fingon » Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:36

Probably at the moment the hardest boss is the one at the Lower depths, at Lufomir.

I will show below in screenshots, what is my strategy to kill it. I don't suggest its the best, but it has a 90%+ chance to succeed.

Typical combat team is 2 Boars, Golem, plus one more fighter (we don't care which one)
Hero is wearing a kdel/knod armor. Using the keel/dom is very risky, since one of the bosses hits at slash

Step 1:
4th companion tanks one Boar
The other three hit the Insect while hero hits middle mob.

Usually Golem hits 60s-70s at the insect and the Boars finish it off. If this happens, then the next steps are very easy. But Golem misses a few times and then we need one second round with Hero tanking the Boar. But after either 1 or 2 rounds, the insect is down and we go to step 2

Step 2:
Hero needs to tank the Boar for 1-2 rounds, while the 3 companions hit the Powerclaws which has a 70% shield.
The second round usually the Boars kill Powerclaws before it has a chance to hit you, so you normally get hit once once from it.
In general you may get hit in total a max total of 5 times from all the mobs until the end of the combat, which is not likely to mutilate you. On my lucky tries, I usually get hit only 3 times total.

Step 3 :
Golem tanks Boar
2 Boars and hero hit the last companion
If you are after Urban levelling, you might consider using 2-3 rounds to hit only with Hero, while the Big mob kills Golem and Boars one by one. After 2 rounds anyway, he loses Vigor and cannot 1-hit the Boars. And usually he doesn't 1-hit Golem even with Vigor on.

That's my tactics. Nothing fancy, just a quick guide for anyone interested.
The boss drops:
azulio planks, nocturnal leather, krya plates all of them a bit rare something like 10% each
tickpick stings (100%)
the rest are complete crap

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Re: Depths Boss

Postby Morlop » Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:55

You feel that this one is the hardest? I always seem to have more trouble with the one on the island ("The Ancestor")....
For your tactics, I don't how it is for others but I usually have more luck when going for the middle one first (makes tons of damage -> no krya-armor yet)

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:04

Since I wear a low pierce armor, hitting the first (with piercing attack) mob makes better sense that hitting the middle one.
Also, the Insect usually dies in 1 round, while the middle has 70% shield and usually takes 2-3 rounds to die, at which period the insect will be hitting you.

Now as for the Ancestor, I used to kill it 75% before I acquire a krya armor and before maxing the Boars' pierce attack , while at the same time the Lower depths was at below 50% chances. I haven't visited it lately but I am pretty sure it will be much easier. I can get back on the subject tomorrow when I revisit it though.

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:19

I guess it depends on your/my "setup" . I have only one Boar (never could decide if I'd rather run around with the Eternal Hiker) and only Odi/Eli armor and it's usually best if I can kill the middle one in the first two rounds. Then the left one. and last the big ugly one XD

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Sat 30 Jan 2016, 15:01

Morlop wrote:You feel that this one is the hardest? I always seem to have more trouble with the one on the island ("The Ancestor")....
For your tactics, I don't how it is for others but I usually have more luck when going for the middle one first (makes tons of damage -> no krya-armor yet)

Unless you can manage the 12 point delta between blunt and slash and force the Ancestor to hit you with their weaker attack, I also find it's significantly harder than the depths boss.

That said, the depths boss is a real pain to walk all the way to each time. I found it was rarely worth the time.

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Sat 30 Jan 2016, 16:42

True both Nostria Bosses are lame considering their drops.
I used to do a bit more Ancestors when gala was in high demand (for the stoves for guild and personal mostly) but after I was done it made no point going there. Ancestors drop gala ore at around 20%
While on the other hand the Depths Boss is worth visiting only to max your Urban (75)

Return to “General”