Mine in Renaissance Mountains

Balok
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Mine in Renaissance Mountains

Postby Balok » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 00:40

Which do folks recommend? Solone frames, or lanferite vaults? Thanks.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Re: Mine in Renaissance Mountains

Postby Morlop » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 00:50

Depends what's easier for you to get.... I have tons of Solone laying around... so I would go for Solone ;)

Deva
Bourlingueur

Postby Deva » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 00:58

Based on fingon's Material Times:

Lanferite: 64.23 hours * 4 = 256.92 hours.
Solone (Huntingwood): 41.93 hours * 6 = 251.68 hours.

Favors Solone, in terms of time. Drops more frequently than Lanferite too. Still prefers Lanferite, however. Fit existing infrastructure and companions better. (Bonus: Lanferite Sand.)

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 03:09

I can get lanferite (from a quarry in Shortblades) but not solone (too difficult for my woodcutting skill right now), so that was the way I was going to go. But even with an odiemel stoncutters chisel and a 3.3 Sair talisman it takes steel chisels to make the blocks. I don't know what kind of tenon is necessary for producing solone frames, but that's a lot of steel. And a lot of lanferite.

But it looks like lanferite's the way to go. I'd need huberian fabric to make a tent in Huntingwood, the only place I can access where solone logs can be cut, and I don't know how to make that.

Thanks.

Deva
Bourlingueur

Postby Deva » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 03:31

Unnecessary: Constructs a cheaper Hut than Tent in Huntingwood. Two hundred Neurtesilicio Planks (plus Cedar Shingles and furniture) versus sixty Huberian Fabric? No contest.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 06:47

Need an idol & a mill. Then you'd probably be using tin chisels.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 07:48

problem with Ren buildings is that you can use lanferite but lanferite is extracted at Ren. So you get into a cycle.
How to start a Ren mine? you need lanferite. how yo gather lanferite? you need a Ren quarry. how you make the Ren quarry? you need lanferite...
You can still gather lanferite from Shortblades but the ratio is much worse, almost doubles the time.
The answer is to go for solone, I believe. That is for a new character that doesn't have support from other sources (e.g. alts, co-players)

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Sniq » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 10:09

Alternatively, you can build a Monolith quarry and an outpost on a guild domain at Ren. Mt.: The cost is reasonable if guild members can contribute some materials. (Assuming a mountain protosensor is used)

Monolith quarry: 100 Oak frames, 20 Lanferite towers (400 blocks), and a bighost with only 15 mountain stat.

Outpost:
Waxed cotton roof x10 (200 waxed cotton fabrics)
Linen wall of cloth x40
Lanferite Tower x3 (90 blocks)
Lanferite Fortification x2 (80 blocks)
Knock-down furniture made with Cedar planksx200 + Linen bedding x20

------------------------------------------------
I can trade 2 Lanferite blocks for 3 Solone planks (or 2 Lanferite stones for 3 solone logs).

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 15:15

Yushi wrote:Need an idol & a mill. Then you'd probably be using tin chisels.

No doubt, as I have a mill on my metal facility. But I haven't built a stone facility yet. :) No idols, but I do have talismans. I think you need noble artifacts to get idol pieces, don't you? And those are hard to find outside the Den/Norstria, which I have not accessed yet. That's mostly due to other priorities than fighting - still a middle game player here.

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 15:16

fingon wrote:The answer is to go for solone, I believe. That is for a new character that doesn't have support from other sources (e.g. alts, co-players)

The availability of solone in HWood is even worse than lanferite in Blades, and you need much more of it...

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 15:44

Well, Deva already gave you the numbers
check the link too if you got any questions

Lanferite may have better presence but the output is only 1 while for solone it is 2-4

In total time (calculating 600 solones vs 400 lanferites) solone is slightly better.
If solone is gathered at the Valley, the benefit is much greater

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 17:01

fingon wrote:If solone is gathered at the Valley, the benefit is much greater

I'm not even as far as the Den! I'm a terrible fighter, mostly because I haven't focused on that - it frustrates me. As a result, I haven't beaten dungeons like the Dowen Cellar or the ones connected with the bad neighbors. This has stalled me on the way to the Den, which I understand you need to enter to reach Norstria.

But there is still plenty to do in Lanfar.

Maracor
Emperator

Postby Maracor » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 17:21

You don't *need* the Den for Norstria (though you do need Dowen Cellar). Having said that, you will have considerably more trouble in Norstria if you haven't toughened up in the Den first.
It has always struck me as a weakness in the game that there is no viable "non-combat" path through the game - it's an option I would definitely like.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Thu 11 Feb 2016, 17:58

Idol pieces are Statuettes which come from Occult Fragments. Those then get combined with Effigies, which are from Common Fragments. If you need an idol, let me know. I make them to order.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “General”