Mechnanical resistance?

Aeres
Défricheur
Realm: Filgar

Mechnanical resistance?

Postby Aeres » Tue 02 Jun 2020, 18:04

Can someone tell me how to increase mechanical resistance? It is always the bottleneck when I am trying to craft something. For example I am trying to craft cedar and pine planks at the turnbull mill and I can't seem to overcome the resistance.

Xan
Bourlingueur
Realm: -

Re: Mechnanical resistance?

Postby Xan » Tue 02 Jun 2020, 23:53

Маркус

Pandaluv
Défricheur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Pandaluv » Wed 03 Jun 2020, 00:52

A shortened and English version of that link, Mechanical Resistance is based on the material your equipped tool is made from vers the material you're trying to work with. There are a few ways to increase your mechanical strength, but in regards to your specific situation of making cedar and pine planks, there are 3 things you need to verify:
- your axe tool is equipped (on your character page, not your inventory - the material & handle your axe is made with will effect the mechanical resistance),
- consider hiring a forester companion (if you don't have one with you already - must be with you and not at a concession).
- you will need to have lots of blades in your inventory (the material your blade is made from will effect the mechanical resistance).

If you already have the above verified, you could consider the following:
- upgrading your axe tool
- join a guild and use their factories (are usually much better than the ones provided by the npc characters)

Aeres
Défricheur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Aeres » Wed 03 Jun 2020, 05:40

Thanks for the rundown, should help. Is it worth to start crafting the axes on my own, or buy them from vendors? I am currently using the bronze axe with 1 mech res, so I guess that can be improved.

Borgratz
Défricheur
Realm: -

Postby Borgratz » Thu 04 Jun 2020, 10:52

Also jewelry. You can craft a talisman (neck slot) and an idol (second tool slot, if you have one) with your archeology skill to significantly lower mechanical resistance.
the ones you are looking for are called sair talisman and sair idol.

Pandaluv
Défricheur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Pandaluv » Fri 05 Jun 2020, 22:46

when you're first starting the game, it is easier to buy your first 2 sets of tools. you'll usually find the first set for sale from the skill trainer, and the 2nd from the merchant district in City of Hawkoria, at Livalai Tools. Those tools should be good enough to allow you to reach a level of mid 20's. Beyond that, you will either need to make your own or buy from others.

Return to “General”