Bestarium/Greenhouse questions

JBento
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Bestarium/Greenhouse questions

Postby JBento » Mon 15 Feb 2016, 22:08

Hi. I had a couple of quick questions about those two buildings.

From what I understand, it doesn't matter where I build a Greenhouse or what I build it out of - all that matters is (one of? does anyone know which?) the machines, which will influence my feed-making ability. Is this correct? Also, does a Greenhouse let me do Herbalism in it?

On the Bestarium, assuming I don't care about the gathering use (there's the Pen for that, which eats up a LOT less mats) I can just plop it down anywhere as well, and I can still train and select for all the options, yes? Also, the Bestarium does all the job of the Paddock, Barn (i.e., transformation of products) as well as Butchery and Bone Carving, so I can just dismantle my hunting workshop and my barn for machines and space, and get the same functionality out the Bestarium, correct?

Thanks for the help in advance 8)

Maracor
Emperator

Re: Bestarium/Greenhouse questions

Postby Maracor » Mon 15 Feb 2016, 22:35

The greenhouse allows you to make potions, herbal dyes and feeds. The only machine that matters is the stove (you must have an irrigation and a plant dryer, but they don't have any effect).
Put the bestiarium where it is a) cheap to build and b) convenient. Location has no effect on its functionality - except for the availability of breedable animals (Plains of Hawkoria gives you everything bar spiders and silkworms). The bestiarium doesn't function as a hunting park, but every other fauna-related function is available.

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Mon 15 Feb 2016, 22:37

In addition to that: For Greenhause I also recommend a good mill

I put my Bestiarium in the Den since I had to build it out of Marapis anyways to get 60 training. Building in the Den also allows breeding of spiders, which you need in order to acquire araknirid salt. I don't think you have all options for the Selection animals in each reagion though I am not an expert in this and never found them worthwhile anyways.

JBento
Citoyen

Postby JBento » Mon 15 Feb 2016, 22:42

Thanks for the info. I could breed spiders in the den with just a pen, though, couldn't I? I'd need high mats for the Bestarium anyway, but it'd allow me to centralise production facilities. Guess I need more info on the selection thing, though. The game guide doesn't give any info on that, unless I'm missing something.

Cordelia
Citoyen

Postby Cordelia » Mon 15 Feb 2016, 22:50

I built a Bestarium in Plains of Hawkoria, and it is capable of selecting all eight species. I've never felt the need to do so, though.

I built it out of mainly NPC structures, so its Training stat is only 42, which affects which feeds I can apply. This is the more significant limitation.

Deva
Bourlingueur

Postby Deva » Mon 15 Feb 2016, 22:58

Agrees on a Den Bestarium.

Den Pen: 100 Huberian Fabric + 300 Marapis Blocks
Den Bestarium: 2300 Marapis Blocks.

Estimates 75 silver for one Marapis Block. Evens out at 15 gold per Huberian Fabric. Offers none of Bestarium’s additional functions, namely a Breeding bonus and 60 Training.
_____
Features identical beasts for Selection at Den and Whitestone Fields.
_____

Feel free to dismantle your Hunting Workshop. Uses Trap instead of Butcher’s Table. Reaches lower Hunting on Trap. Receives a bonus in Bestarium, however. Favors Trap + Bestarium by 1-2 points, generally.

JBento
Citoyen

Postby JBento » Mon 15 Feb 2016, 23:02

Thanks everyone, that answers all my questions ^_^ And quickly, too. Guess I'm on to start on my greenhouse 8)

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Fri 26 Feb 2016, 02:13

Do stats matter for the Bestarium? I'm building in the Plains of Hawkoria.

Deva
Bourlingueur

Postby Deva » Fri 26 Feb 2016, 02:33

Hunting: Somewhat. Edges out a Hunting Workshop barely. Cannot actually hunt animals, strangely.
Taming: Do you want to tame something there? If not, no.
Breeding: Yes. Example: 7-22 Sheep in a 51 Breeding Whitestone Fields Bestarium. 6-18 at The Large White Flock.

Training: Affects how good of Feeds work, similar to Balms. Depends on structures used to build it. Do not worry for your first Bestarium.

Alexandrus
Défricheur

Postby Alexandrus » Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:10

Maracor wrote:The greenhouse allows you to make potions, herbal dyes and feeds. The only machine that matters is the stove (you must have an irrigation and a plant dryer, but they don't have any effect).
Put the bestiarium where it is a) cheap to build and b) convenient. Location has no effect on its functionality - except for the availability of breedable animals (Plains of Hawkoria gives you everything bar spiders and silkworms). The bestiarium doesn't function as a hunting park, but every other fauna-related function is available.

Thanks for this, it answered a question I had as just built a greenhouse and could only make potions! Guess I need to learn how to make the other stuff now lol

Rondrigan
Traducteur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Rondrigan » Sun 02 Oct 2016, 11:43

The debate about the Bestiarium in the Den has been going on forever and every time a new player learns the blueprint it is fought out anew. So I will give all the solid numbers and discuss all the pros and cons of the two options.

Option 1: Building the Bastiarium in the Den.

Material costs: 2300 Marapis Blocks.
Building space in the Den: 5000 x 0.2 / 28 = 35,70 gold coins you have to pay for performing the action nearly 180 times or 45 hours (nearly two full days).

Option 2: Bestiarium in the Planes of Falkonia and a pen in the Den

Material costs Berstiarium: 2300 Marapis Blocks.
Material costs Den Pen: 100 Huberian Fabric + 300 Marapis Blocks (thanks, Deva)
Building the beams: 15 hours
Sewing the Froofs: 5 hours
Building space in the Den: 900 x 0.2 / 14 = 6.4 gold coins for 32 actions during 8 hours.
Building space in the Planes of Hawkoria: 5000 * 0.2 / 1000 = 5 gold coins in 10 hours.

As you can see the costs for the Bestiarium are in both options and cancel each other out. This leaves us with:
Option 1 total: 35.70 gold, 45 hours of work
Option 2 total: 11.4 gold, 38 hours of work + 100 Huberian Fabric + 300 Marapis Blocks

Unless you can get the fabric and the additional blocks for less than 25 gold and 7 hours (or 60 gold if you calculate that you could earn 5 gold per hours), Option 1 is cheaper.

Of course you might argue that you prefer all your production facilities in one place. This is a valid arguement, even more so if you are planning to share it with all your characters using the House Key from the item shop.
On the other hand, there are so many nice things to get only in the Den that you will have to go there quite often anyway and it is the second place you will want to unlock for your twinks. And you have a nice place to sleep there anyway. So building your Bestiarium there, too, is not a bad thing to do.

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Sun 04 Dec 2016, 03:18

I want to harvest olk in Den. I built a mara/ayrann/nuert irrigation machine and cannot install in Den. What am I missing?

Morlock
Citoyen

Postby Morlock » Sun 04 Dec 2016, 05:13

Do you have the field recipe? At least, I think it's field for horticulture. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Maracor
Emperator

Postby Maracor » Sun 04 Dec 2016, 08:29

infael wrote:I want to harvest olk in Den. I built a mara/ayrann/nuert irrigation machine and cannot install in Den. What am I missing?

You need to unlock olkznar by completing the penpals quest for the ogron. Then the irrigation goes into a field (I don't believe it works in a greenhouse).

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 03:11

OOhhh.I have to finish the olk quest to be able to install the irrigation field? I thought I had. May have been another alt. Gotta check.

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 13:54

No, you do not have to finish the quest to be able to install a field in the den. You do need to finish the quest to be able to harvest olkznar. If you haven't finished the quest, your field in the den will be empty.

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Wed 14 Dec 2016, 00:11

Thanks Melindra!

What are the suggested mats for my Den bestarium fence, trap and course? Would like to breed spiders. I didn't see any of those 3 in Theriansim.

Oh, and the massive mill?

aknoth
Bâtisseur

Postby aknoth » Wed 14 Dec 2016, 08:54

You should try again ;) , these 3 machines are included in the general simulator.

Indeed, a massive mill will be useful for demonic bone carving.

infael
Bâtisseur

Postby infael » Thu 15 Dec 2016, 03:42

really not seeing those 3 machines in Therian sim. Where exactly are the fence, trap and course listed?

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Thu 15 Dec 2016, 12:36

Simulators > Crafts > Science > Engineering > Machienum

course.png
course.png (35.88 KiB) Viewed 14895 times

Return to “General”