Find certain ore

glumetzul
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Find certain ore

Postby glumetzul » Tue 23 Feb 2016, 17:22

Hello,

I have a question about finding specific kind of ore. In my example, what I was looking for was Azurite Ore. According to the guide, I should be able to find that in the Kingfalcon Mountains.

So after I worked to leve up my exploring and mountain skill for that region, I start exploring and camping in many different places in Kingfalcon Mountains. I've discovered a tower and two quarries in that region, which according to the map is all I could find except a very high level abyss. But not once were I able to prospect for Azuritte Ore. I can find Lodestone at every step but not the Azuritte Ore.

So my question is what exactly am I doing wrong?

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Re: Find certain ore

Postby Sniq » Tue 23 Feb 2016, 17:29

A lot of the listed resources in the Game Guide are only available at player's own gathering structures.

To prospect Azurite ore, you would need to establish a concession at Kingfalcon Mt., then build a mine with rail for ore.

Aranna
Citoyen

Postby Aranna » Tue 23 Feb 2016, 18:25

For reference, here are the materials that you can gather with your Hero in a Camp (They are grouped by, for lack of a better term, jobs within the trade. Eg Felling in the Woodcutting trade is used to gather Logs). I've also included what building you'd want in a concession, and the item (types) gatherable with it:
Felling (Lumberjack Camp - Logs)
Botany (Botanism Trail - Binders, Wild/Meta Plaints, Blacknester Cocoons)
Hunting (Hunting Area - Body)
Fishing (Hunting Area on top of a fishing site - Fish)

And these ones require you to build a Concession and some building in order to have them gathered:
Commerce (Store - Agreements)
Influence (Secret Vault - Favors)
Extraction (Quarry with Rails for Stone - Lumps & Sand)
Charcoal Extraction (Mine with Rails for Stone - Fuel)
Gemstone Extraction (Mine with Rails for Stone - Uncut Gems)
Prospection (Mine with Rails for Ore - Nuggets & Lodestone)
Mining (Mine with Rails for Ore - Ore)
Harvesting (Field - Bundle & Apple)
Breeding (Pen - Breeding)
Search (Digging Site - Unknown Artifact)

I think I got the Skills/Buildings/Types all right, might be off on spying and breeding though, I've not built those as of yet but I think they are passive gatherable using those buildings (I think all listed above are, with proper buildings).

And because why not, here is the guild gathering info:
Vertical Mine (Rails for Ore):
-Prospection (Nuggets & Lodestone)
-Mining (Ore)
-Mineral Cluster Mining (Mineral Cluster - Kryanite Cluster)
Vertical Mine (Rails for Stone):
Charcoal Extraction (Fuel)
Gemstone Extraction (Uncut Gems)
Cluster Extraction (Crystalline Cluster - Charbalitic Cluster)
Monolith Quarry:
Extraction (Lumps & Sand)
Boulder Extraction (Boulder)
Giantyard:
Felling (Logs)
Giant Felling (Giant Wood - Trunks)

glumetzul
Citoyen

Postby glumetzul » Tue 23 Feb 2016, 19:03

Thank you.

So if I get it right, that's why the prospection skill is divided into Prospection and Mining here http://www.theriansaga.com/guide/skills/skill.aspx?id=8d1c9e5f-b4b6-e211-be8c-782bcb902040

It would explain why I'd been able to just find Lodestone even if it's ore just like the Azurite Ore. Not the most intuitive thing to understand but I guess I got it now.

Balok
Bâtisseur

Postby Balok » Tue 23 Feb 2016, 22:45

Prospection and Mining both use the same skill, Prospection. They divided them up for... clarity, I guess. Some of the terminology used in the game is confusing.

The reason you can't find azurite is because none of the public mines have it. If you want it, you must build your own mine. Some of the resources, like a lot of the plants, you can find whether you build a facility or not. Others, you must build a facility.

If you look by region the game guide tells you everything that's available there. What it does not tell you is whether you have to build an appropriate gathering facility to get the item - you have to find that out by trial and error, I'm afraid. If you look by item the game guild will list the regions where it can be found. If there are no regions, then (a) the item drops in dungeons when you defeat monsters, (b) the item is available by commerce.

Some items have a chance to find them less than 100%. If that's the case, then TS generates a random number from 1-100, and if that number isn't less than the chance, you don't get any. Some items have a chance to find them greater than 100%. If you build a facility, it will include a gathering machine (in the case of azurite, the facility is a mine and the gathering machine is rails for ore, or as some call them, rails for prospection). That machine will have a skill value. Half that skill value is added to the chance to obtain the resource. Example: if there's an 80% chance to get something, you'd ideally want to build a machine with a skill of 40, which would guarantee you'd get one each gather.

The situation gets a little more complex with resources when each gather yields a quantity range, as do some logs and gems. Each end of the range is multiplied by the chance, and this may extend the range. For example, in Loudthunder Forest (Lanfar) garnet is available at a 120% chance. With a machine of 31, the chance is 136%. Instead of the usual 1-3 uncut stones, the mine yields 1-4. 1 * 136% = 1.36, which rounds to 1, and 3 * 136% = 4.05, which rounds to 4.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!

Aranna
Citoyen

Postby Aranna » Wed 24 Feb 2016, 01:04

Balok wrote:Prospection and Mining both use the same skill, Prospection. They divided them up for... clarity, I guess. Some of the terminology used in the game is confusing.

Yeah, apologies if I was confusing with the naming above, I have no idea what those groups of tasks are called in a non-confusing way (I only found Fields (eg Metal) and Trades (eg Prospection, Founderywork, and Forging) with them combined being called Skills, listed in the How to Play section) confusingly those groupings in the game guide are also called trades (so I just called them jobs, which is what I got from Google Translate from the French side). The reason they are divided up is because they come from different tabs (I guess would be the word) in game.

I think it's mostly organizational, but it does affect gameplay as you can only discover recipes within them, and iirc they are individually toggled on in buildings (which is why campsites have only some gathering, Concession buildings have more, and Domain buildings have even more), not 100% on that though as I've not looked at the XML for a long time.

Balok wrote:If you look by region the game guide tells you everything that's available there. What it does not tell you is whether you have to build an appropriate gathering facility to get the item - you have to find that out by trial and error, I'm afraid. If you look by item the game guild will list the regions where it can be found. If there are no regions, then (a) the item drops in dungeons when you defeat monsters, (b) the item is available by commerce.

I listed what (of the things one builds a gathering building for) above, it's in the 1st spoiler. I think additionally there is Taming? However, one does not normally build a gathering site for that as iirc it's akin to leadership where the "gather site" just boosts your skill, it still takes the same amount of time to recruit/tame. I included the building you'd build in a concession, which may have been slightly confusing.

The 2nd spoiler lists off what you'd need a concession for (including what's in the 1st spoiler, if you want to boost yield on them). That 3rd spoiler is for the 4 guild gathering buildings, and I bolded the 4 things that are guild exclusive resources.

Also, well no regions listed in game guide may indicate that they are some specific NPC site/task (eg dungeon kill drop, NPC mine, quest, etc) or it comes from a non-gathering skill (like commerce or one of the crafting skills), it may also indicate that they are either not in game (eg Elicard) or are Territory wide (eg the Tier 2 companions in Lanfar). (Or they are and the XML the game guide came from doesn't list them for whatever reason)

Balok wrote:-snipping that end part where you talk about yields-

Just a minor correction on that (not really an error, just a bit of info), it's 50% of the mechanism on the resources you can get in a concession, however on the guild ones (eg Boulders and Trunks) I think it's 25% (I've not done guild calculations in a bit, but I think that's correct).

Also, those guild resources are gathered akin to how Leadership/Taming are in that you have to fill a progress bar. Unlike those two though, the guild resources take less time with a better mechanism (though it still resets the bar to 0% after you get it, so there are specific mechanisms you'd want)

Here's an example for Krya Clusters (from a Vertical Ore Mine in the Den):

Code: Select all

Tasks   Rail
20      0
19      5
18      9
17      15
16      20
15      27
14      35
13      44
12      54

eg a 21 rail would finish extracting the Krya Clusters after 16 tasks (you also can't passive these)
Note: 54 would require Elicard Planks, so 13 tasks with a 44+ Ore Rail is best yield.

TL;DR
  • Sorry for having prior post being slightly confusing, 1st spoiler was stuff in Camps, 2nd was stuff in Concessions, 3rd was stuff in Domains.
  • They are divided into groups, you can only discover within the groups (can't discover a Cart by making a Long Bow), and the gatherable groups are gathered in different buildings (which is more, some are only Guild, some just need a building, and some can be gathered in a camp)
  • No regions listed in Game Guide can also mean that they are Territory wide (like T2s in Lanfar) or that they may be from quests/etc
  • Most things increase presence by half the Mechanism, of normal it's only Leadership/Taming that don't (iirc), and the guild ones are 25% rather than 50%, but are also progress bars
Also I'm bad at making things short and redrafting >.< sorry about the walls of text, just trying to clarify some info :/

Return to “General”