Tarasquan swamp blues

esslemn
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Tarasquan swamp blues

Postby esslemn » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 09:16

Help. What am I missing?

Having got the best companion for swamp I can find (a Hipporiel Sw 31 to 46), how do I get the companion to level up in Swamp? I have tried wandering around Tarasquan and getting beat up by monsters for weeks, and the Hippo skill remains firmly at the bottom (31).

If I can't get it to increase, I will be stuck when my hero maxes out at 58 + 5 = 63.

Any ideas?

Silentius
Citoyen

Re: Tarasquan swamp blues

Postby Silentius » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 09:39

Not sure if it works when no explorable places are available (Tarasquan has 4 or 5 so they don't help much), but have you tried exploration?

Another alternative - cutting nuertesilicio.

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 09:47

Hipporiel doesnt fight so, you cannot skill him by fighting.
Your strategy should be the following:
Get a Varanus (hopefully balming his swamp)
Fight at Ofikion for swamp hero 45 and max varanus
Fight at Tarasquan doors which may have 1 less swamp than random tarasquan fights, but the mobs are nostria ones and much easier to kill. Get Swamp to 62.
Start exploring with hippo+best clothes, you should have enough swamp by now with a good vial. Exploration can be done mutilated, it works best some times, just queue 10 explorations and let the clock run or lamden even mutilated.

You will later get Golem with bets swamp + fighting skills

esslemn
Citoyen

Postby esslemn » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 09:57

Aha. The humble Varanus - overlooked as a low level companion.

Yes, that's what I've been missing. I can't explore or do any activities in Tarasquan as I couldn't reach 58 overall - but with a Varanus upskilled to Sw 37 that works!

Thanks very much! :)

esslemn
Citoyen

Postby esslemn » Tue 24 Jan 2017, 23:52

Hmm. Hi, me again.

So have been exploring Tarasquan swamp and have built a home with an oceanite Botony Trail for those cool plants.

Can anyone tell me how to build somewhere to sleep (eg tent, hut or cottage) in a Swamp 58? Even with my sparkling new swamp protosensor, I can't see what materials to use - the simulator tool doesn't seem to help.

I don't need to do passive harvesting, so any dwelling will do - just want somewhere to shelter from those terrible swamp monsters!

Cheers,
Ragnor :mrgreen:

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Wed 25 Jan 2017, 00:16

You can't. All the personal buildings lack at least 1 point of landstat, even if you use the best possible (ocea or jutug) mats for the swamp atm. Your best bet would be a guild domain resting spot if you wanna do it in Tarasq. The good news though is that you can gather most herbs and salancedar unpotted with 41/7s, that would be the most effective way to do it anyways :roll:

esslemn
Citoyen

Postby esslemn » Wed 25 Jan 2017, 00:34

Thanks - good to know, as I was always 1 point short too when experimenting, but thought I was missing something.

Many thanks!! :geek:

Return to “Skills”