BC ideas

plantice
Traducteur
Realm: Fauconnia

BC ideas

Postby plantice » Wed 13 Apr 2016, 16:39

Since Therian Saga needs money to support us and further the game, I thought I would create an area for people to suggest things that they would pay for. Keep in mind what you can already pay for and its effects, try to stay realistic.

Here are my suggestions on what I would pay for:

- Ability to repeat 2 tasks. This would be bought much like sleep readiness. This would allow you to almost copy and paste tasks into your queue. I have alts that make potions and having to click tons of times to set my queue is kinda annoying We could bring this one set further and have it auto the 2 tasks over and over until you stop it but that might be a bit over powered.

-Market charts. This would be bought much like sleep readiness. Every wondered what the last price was or the trend of the market? Market charts would give you a easy way to know the price of things before you sell, making it more likely to actually sell.

-no random encounters potions. This would be bought in the shop. This would get rid of random encounters on the world map for 1hr, no more getting killed when your on the way to your next task. This might be a bit over powered, so we could attach some requirements like land value or how far you are in the questline.

-Color code chat. This would be bought in the shop as a permanent upgrade. Ever wanted to change the colors of each type of chat? This might also help people with color blindness as you can change the colors to anything you like. Restrict this to only changing colors of types of chat, not people or anything like that.

update 4/14/2016

-Test Materials. This would be bought much like sleep readiness. The ability to have a ghost copy of all materials, fuel, so forth in the game as a way to check the numbers. I know alot of people try to have at least one of everything, so they can test machines, buildings, and other crafted goods. This would also double as a simulator in game, so that we do not need to go out of game to test like we have been doing.

update 4/20/2016

-Guild Wide Upgrade. This would be bought in the shop as a permanent upgrade to one guild. This would either give the guild the npc seller or a mail box, depending on which you buy. It would add either to all domains in the guild past, present, and future. This would be a flat fee and wouldn't change. This is more for ease of use as having to buy for each domain gets annoying.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Cat says, "Ya I'm going to need you to get back to work"

Orlin
Défricheur
Realm: -

Re: BC ideas

Postby Orlin » Thu 14 Apr 2016, 03:36

plantice wrote:- Ability to repeat 2 tasks. This would be bought much like sleep readiness. This would allow you to almost copy and paste tasks into your queue. I have alts that make potions and having to click tons of times to set my queue is kinda annoying We could bring this one set further and have it auto the 2 tasks over and over until you stop it but that might be a bit over powered.

I have a similar idea.
Ability to save lists of materials for certain recipes.
As usual you open a task window, select recipe, select materials and press button "Save recipe".
Next time you open this recipe, a button "Load" will appear, automaticly adding materials from your stash by pressing it.
A total number of saved lists bougth for BC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for my English ;)

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Postby Falkarma » Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:26

Thanks for this post, a really great idea.I'll make sure to read it, keep the idea coming. :-)
Therian Saga

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Thu 14 Apr 2016, 14:16

Some people might be interested in paying BC for an urban concession in Hawkoria, Maliken, or Halmvik. This would allow them to install a higher-comfort shelter than the local inns, and perhaps extra workshops, that would be available without overland travel. I imagine that some people would find this attractive enough to pay for it, but it wouldn't unbalance the game since you can already make a concession right outside the city. Guilds might also pay for an urban domain. Perhaps each space expansion could also cost BC -- you'd have to get the balance right so that the benefit seemed worth the cost.

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Thu 14 Apr 2016, 18:11

Patrope wrote:Some people might be interested in paying BC for an urban concession in Hawkoria, Maliken, or Halmvik. This would allow them to install a higher-comfort shelter than the local inns, and perhaps extra workshops, that would be available without overland travel. I imagine that some people would find this attractive enough to pay for it, but it wouldn't unbalance the game since you can already make a concession right outside the city. Guilds might also pay for an urban domain. Perhaps each space expansion could also cost BC -- you'd have to get the balance right so that the benefit seemed worth the cost.

I feel like this would do away with guilds buildings. It would also have to be refined as using BC to get a concession in Halmvik before they have a chance to get an actual concession via normal means wouldn't be balanced.

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Thu 14 Apr 2016, 18:18

Falkarma wrote:Thanks for this post, a really great idea.I'll make sure to read it, keep the idea coming. :-)

You might like the new idea I posted today, not an original idea but an important one.

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Thu 14 Apr 2016, 19:16

plantice wrote:I feel like this would do away with guilds buildings. It would also have to be refined as using BC to get a concession in Halmvik before they have a chance to get an actual concession via normal means wouldn't be balanced.

Can you explain how you think this would do away with guild buildings? All I'm saying is that you could build guild stuff inside a city, instead of right outside. The requirements to build a factory, mansion, etc. wouldn't change.

You're right about the Halmvik concession and game balance. I imagine it could be done in such a way that you would need to satisfy both conditions (spend BC for the right to make an urban concession, and also complete the quests required to buy concession rights in Halmvik.)

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Fri 15 Apr 2016, 16:15

Patrope wrote:
plantice wrote:I feel like this would do away with guilds buildings. It would also have to be refined as using BC to get a concession in Halmvik before they have a chance to get an actual concession via normal means wouldn't be balanced.

Can you explain how you think this would do away with guild buildings? All I'm saying is that you could build guild stuff inside a city, instead of right outside. The requirements to build a factory, mansion, etc. wouldn't change.

You're right about the Halmvik concession and game balance. I imagine it could be done in such a way that you would need to satisfy both conditions (spend BC for the right to make an urban concession, and also complete the quests required to buy concession rights in Halmvik.)

Sorry, I didn't see the guild part(my bad :oops: ). That being said, i feel like the bc price would have to be pretty low for this. If it is too high without any added benefit than guilds would just skip it. What would be really cool but would need balancing: if a guild pays BC to get a urban spot, they could then rent out their workshops(much like already do with the major towns). I could see some major problems with this but I would love to see a guild town where the guilds help shape it.

BlackWolf
Citoyen

Postby BlackWolf » Tue 19 Apr 2016, 17:03

BC to be allowed to build a second guild domain in the same region.
This would help in cutting down transport times, instead of having to cross to the far side of a region you'd be able to build a second point to travel thru.

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Wed 20 Apr 2016, 17:33

Updated

Liraine
Emperator

Postby Liraine » Sat 23 Apr 2016, 08:23

- Ability to repeat 2 tasks. This would be bought much like sleep readiness. This would allow you to almost copy and paste tasks into your queue. I have alts that make potions and having to click tons of times to set my queue is kinda annoying We could bring this one set further and have it auto the 2 tasks over and over until you stop it but that might be a bit over powered.

It would be nice as vacation function with some fixed cost - something like 50 BC for week
I will be away for 3 weeks, so I would gladly pay BCs for that time to ensure my characters will work

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sat 09 Jul 2016, 13:31

Still waiting for task auto-repeat... :ugeek:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Sat 09 Jul 2016, 15:32

I'd happily pay BC to change the name of some of my chars!

Return to “Ideas”