Drop Rates..

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Drop Rates..

Postby Laerities/Volund » Wed 20 Apr 2016, 19:35

I think I can speak on everyone who farms bosses that the drop rates of some the special high tier items has declined significantly.. I would like to change this back to either the original rate or an increased rate.

A couple bosses I have personally noticed this on: Wyvernus Oniris Nobili and the Minicon Family..

Items very rare to drop: Nocturial Leather Azulio Plank

I have read many complaints in chat and I am fairly sure the rates have been adjusted in the past 6 months.. I quit and returned so ya there is a lot of space.

In roughly 12 fights I have gotten 1 plank.. In about 12+ wyvern fights I got 1 leather. Now before I quit it was like a 1/3 or 1/4 chance, it feels like a 1/10. To me this is stupid, the cooldown on the boss is 1 day.. So following the 1/10 it would take me 200 days to make a table for myself? Tell me how thats ok in anyone's mind.

I strongly encourage you to put the drop rate to its previous drop rate because its not helping to lower the rate of these items. I have heard of Norstrian boss that drops Azulio planks and that fine and dandy but that shouldn't cause a drastic drop in Azulio provided from Minicons. You increased Volcanite to 4 blocks and decreased drop rates of boss stuff..

If this is some ploy to get more money from the game it makes no sense.. Bc rushing a boss with a 10% drop is pointless, I have bc rushed WM a few times because I get a plate at least 1/4 of the time.. I have never bc rushed a wyvern or a minicon because the drop rates are stupidly low. So if this is a money thing you are approaching it the wrong way.

Please change the rates back or increase them because this is ridiculous.

Regards,
Laerities

^ Salty
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Valerian
Emperator

Re: Drop Rates..

Postby Valerian » Wed 20 Apr 2016, 20:27

Lately Wyvernus' drop rate has been feeling the same as always. Same with Watchmaker in terms of plates. Mimicons has been significantly lower. However this seems well within the variance. I recall streaks of 2+ weeks of no azulio from Mimicons over a year ago so these types of streaks definitely happen. I suggest continuing to take data (and encourage others to as well) to determine if there's a drop rate issue. Remember to record everything good and bad. Without recording you tend to remember the bad far more than the good, especially when it comes to streaks.

Pezant
Défricheur

Postby Pezant » Wed 20 Apr 2016, 20:35

I think it just feels like the drop rates change when you go on those cold streaks. I haven't really noticed a change in drop rates off the bosses.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Wed 20 Apr 2016, 22:56

Then a few of my friends are also in cold streaks at the same time.. I still believe the rate has dropped, a year ago I'd lose out every couple days but it would never ever last more than a week.
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Wed 20 Apr 2016, 23:52

Laerities/Volund wrote:Then a few of my friends are also in cold streaks at the same time.. I still believe the rate has dropped, a year ago I'd lose out every couple days but it would never ever last more than a week.

I wasn't exaggerating when I said I had gone over 2 weeks with no azulio from mimicons. I believe it was 17 days with no drops. That was the longest I can recall. Streaks seem like errors, but with a non-biased RNG you WILL get streaks like this. And those types of streaks are exactly the type of thing people DON'T inherently think of when they think random. A 20% drop rate will fail 12 in a row, ~6% of the time. Hardly impossible. If the drop rate is 10% its something like 28% chance for 12 misses. Hell at 10% rate its 12% chance to miss 20 in a row!

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Wed 20 Apr 2016, 23:58

I also noticed a definite change, around the time of one of the updates. I was farming minicons every day, and it was a noticeable difference.

Pezant
Défricheur

Postby Pezant » Thu 21 Apr 2016, 00:18

I must be extremely lucky then. My last two Mimicon kills have dropped double azulio.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Thu 21 Apr 2016, 01:16

It could be really bad luck.. Or it could be a changed.. I have 1 person saying they have been doing well.. Quite a few saying they are bad? Which is more likely it was reduced with the increased volc for many people are on a bad streak? Factor in 4 other players who have been coming up dry and see what the odds of that are...

Has virty's said they didn't change it? I don't think they have said it in awhile if they have.. Soo its possible that many players are just having a hard time due to RNG or it is also possible (until disproved) that it was changed.

Im saying its my belief that it has changed, its not just bad luck... (To me)

Share your Luck Pezant because you are.

Laerities Watto

Ambrielle
Emperator

Postby Ambrielle » Thu 21 Apr 2016, 06:54

I got two azulio from Minicoms at once last week, overall I'd guess based on nothing more than a general feeling I'm averaging a 0.4 planks per kill drop rate.

aDk2
Traducteur
Realm: Agonedus

Postby aDk2 » Thu 21 Apr 2016, 13:53

It's been a while since I updated this loots list but my average is 33% from 96 loots.

See the full list at the bottom of the page --> http://en.theriansagawiki.com/index.php?p=action&id=perform-the-rite-of-sahod

I even got 4 planks at the same time (only once).

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Thu 21 Apr 2016, 17:56

When was the last time it was updated? Again before I quit I felt I was getting it around 1/3 the time which was fine, but as of lately Im not even getting it at 10%..

Laerities Watto

aDk2
Traducteur
Realm: Agonedus

Postby aDk2 » Thu 21 Apr 2016, 19:18

Last update was March 2nd. I could take some time tomorrow to update it will all my March/April loots but I feel I still get around 1/3 too.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Sun 24 Apr 2016, 01:16

Since when I posted this (and the time before) and now still no azulio or noct.. How long to slumps last 4-5 weeks? I mean this is ridiculous.

Laerities Watto

Naelline
Coordinateur
Realm: -

Postby Naelline » Sun 24 Apr 2016, 20:59

Good evening,

Loots was not modified for a long time (and the last time it was only ingots on some monsters). I have just verified for the nocturiel and the azulio on Wyvernus and Mimicons and everything seems in order.

An old rumor tells that loots are lower for old players... but it's just a rumor ;)

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Sun 24 Apr 2016, 21:23

Thanks for the confirmation.. Im just terrible luck :s

I may just have to get another character boars.

I appreciate the response,

Laerities

Laerities Watto

Return to “Ideas”