Beginer troubles

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Beginer troubles

Postby Morlop » Mon 25 Apr 2016, 18:40

So, on the German server Beginers still seem to have a lot of trouble to find into the game and I actually think that those tons of Beginer quests (added late last year) don't help that much, because people seem to be overwhelmed with all the possibilities. If you start by learning a few professions you quickly have about 20 open quests and feel like you don't get done anything. So here my idea...
1. : extend the Tutorial island, so you learn how recruiting works and why you do it (you could recruit guide and or page there, you will need them anyways -> maybe page first and explain how his stats help you to recruit the guide).
2. Lots of people don't seem to get how they can level their profession because they don't know how the skill works in this game -> So I think it would help that when you first come to the mainland you can only do the beginer quest for your chosen profession. (not all the quests, just until you get the Young companion for this profession or something like that) So you don't get overwhelmed with too many possibilities while you learn how this game works. Then maybe do a final quest before throwing the player in the whole game world which requires using a tool, a companion, jewelry and a potion so they see what counts into the skilllevel...
3. Additionally to point 2 I think you should have to buy a "Home" and build something easy (for exemple tent) and be told to "park" an companion before getting all the other quest...
From questions in the chat I gather that newbies often don't realize that you don't have to send companions away when you don't have enough authority left or your 4 spaces are full...

So this is just my impression of some problems beginers have and my ideas ....
Feel free to comment and tell what you think.

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: Beginer troubles

Postby Lifewarden » Tue 26 Apr 2016, 11:40

So all the work various ppl did put into creating tutorials outside of the game, all their efforts were in vain? ye I understand that it may be inconvenient to search the basics outside of the game, then maybe there is a need for some sort of ingame explanatory tutorials (like an "integrated" FAQ)?

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:13

an integrated FAQ might also be a possibility... I just thinks that unfortunately lots of people have a hard time finding into the game an tend to give up :cry:
So I would welcome any changes that get more players onthe servers XD

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Lifewarden » Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:50

Naaah, I've already made a proposition a few years ago and it was rejected cuz it would take too much time and effort to change what is already in place: 1 server for all + a dropdown list where the user can choose, say, japanese, and he'll have an additional chat tab caled "japanese" in his channels tab. Problem solved. Not 20 servers with 100 ppl on each but 1 with 20000 (ye 20000, not 2000 :)). Probably physically a cluster of servers, but visible as one (hard as hell to make this shit work this way actually) Such changes should had been done early at alpha-beta phase, a bit too late to change things now :3 + there is a tonn of techical difficulties which should not be discussed here. Hopefully the new engine that devs are making will address problems like this one. Как говорится, Надежда умирает последней :twisted:

Johnlock
Citoyen
Realm: Hipporiel

Postby Johnlock » Thu 19 May 2016, 07:18

Great idea, I'm all for it ;)

Return to “Ideas”