Guild Specialities and helping the market

plantice
Traducteur
Realm: Fauconnia

Guild Specialities and helping the market

Postby plantice » Thu 02 Jun 2016, 22:45

Hello again,

So my idea this time is to allow more uniqueness to guilds and force guilds to work with other guilds. At the moment every guild is kinda independent and self-reliant because we have to be. With more and more people leaving we need strong people that can do everything and this kills the market. Why pay someone to do something if you can do it with an alt.

My idea would be to add guild specializations for each of the crafts or sets of crafts (fighting of course being one of them). Your specialization would allow new content that is not available to guilds without your specialization. If we took ideas from what we have now: krya & Harn would be metal only, Boulders would be Stone only, and so forth. Seeing a we will be getting new content in the future, this would be a great way to build the market back up and make people work together.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Cat says, "Ya I'm going to need you to get back to work"

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Re: Guild Specialities and helping the market

Postby Sniq » Thu 02 Jun 2016, 23:20

With so few players in the game, people will just create multiple guilds to be self-sufficient.

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Thu 02 Jun 2016, 23:23

Well there would need to be some tweaking. Like requires a castle or something like that, we could stop people from doing it for quite a while if we set the requirements right.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Cat says, "Ya I'm going to need you to get back to work"

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Thu 02 Jun 2016, 23:58

An interesting idea, but i'm afraid that at best it would be akin to slapping an elastoplast over the gaping wound that is the lack of marketing.

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Fri 03 Jun 2016, 03:51

Actually for me this doesn't fit the general idea I like about this game that in time you can do everything... And yes I would open up multiple guilds to cover all, it would just be a major annoyance. So no, I don't like this idea.
Not sure about that death market thing either.. I mean there is stuff on the market, but all the higher level things are just traded directly between players because it's annoying to put on the market and maybe nobody buys it so you paid for nothing. I often even prefer getting materials in exchange instead of money, which you can't do on market.

Return to “Ideas”