Future Runic Crafting

plantice
Traducteur
Realm: Fauconnia

Future Runic Crafting

Postby plantice » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 18:48

Hello All,

The devs might be working on more runic stuff but I thought we as players could do some brain storming. Lets come up with some cool ideas and if enough people pitch in than I can format it nicely for the devs :D

A few areas with no runic crafting so far:
  • Jewelry
  • Armor
  • Clothing
  • Machines
  • Harvestables
  • Alchemy
  • Metascience
  • Animals(hunting/breeding)

Format (please use the quotes tag, makes it easy to block)
Trade
your user name

Idea

Here is a few examples:

Sewing
Plantice

Runic sewing would be broken into 3 parts:
[*]Runic thread
The idea here is make a thread that has been imbued with the runic magic, but because this isn't as easy as tools another profession needs to do it. I love the idea of crafts relying on other crafts to make things ( not everyone does), so i would give this task to metascience or alchemy. It would go something like so: Thread + traced rune -> alchemy/metascience task = runic thread

[*]Runic clothing
Standard clothing crafting here. Use the runic thread to make runic cloth of the same type from here you can make any available clothing type. If devs are nice maybe they will give us some new ones. ;)

[*]Runic embroidery
This idea comes from the fact that sometimes we need clothing to fit only 1 type of area. This embroidery is done after the clothing has been created and acts as a permant, nonremovable buff. The buffs can be anything from a boost in land types, boost in reputation types, boost in def(old school armor always had layers of underarmor). This would also keep the demand for new clothing up as people would want new boosted clothing made. I would restrict this to only haute type clothing to make sure this is high end fashion focused craft.

I got a couple more but not enough time to write it up until later tonight. So until then using the format and lets see your ideas!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Cat says, "Ya I'm going to need you to get back to work"

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Re: Future Runic Crafting

Postby Lifewarden » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 19:49

Forging
Life
Something like harnois + a rune (probably several? like 3 of the same type for the rune slot)
The main trait of the new armor should be: shiny! Who cares about stats lol, make em as useless as runic bows but PLS make em shiny! :lol:

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 19:58

OWL FEED
Woody

I'd like to see runic elicard. END OF.

erm erm... runic jewelry? YES runic bling....that's my thing.

OK OK PLANT... I add a pic for you... so you can <ahem> picture it.

158d8ea9249c84ba97b5083d8df1ec53.jpg
158d8ea9249c84ba97b5083d8df1ec53.jpg (24.54 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Wed 17 Aug 2016, 20:34

Woody wrote:OWL FEED
Woody

I'd like to see runic elicard. END OF.

erm erm... runic jewelry? YES runic bling....that's my thing.

Ya that is my next thing to add onto this post, I got an idea for jewelry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Cat says, "Ya I'm going to need you to get back to work"

Return to “Ideas”