More guild tools

plantice
Traducteur
Realm: Fauconnia

More guild tools

Postby plantice » Fri 08 Jan 2016, 17:29

Background:
In my limited time of being a guild leader, I have noticed that the amount of tools to help guilds function are nonexistent. Most guilds have resorted to using google spreadsheets(or similar) to do most of their info storing and the like. Managing the guild is even hard due to the lack of information and with guilds getting bigger, we are going to need some tools to keep things flowing.

Ideas:
-A new sub-tab in the guild tab called projects. This can take many forms but I would love to see the current projects the guild is working on that will show how much you still need left by looking in all of the domains for the supplies. On top of this, I would love to see a tool in there that would help people add these projects by allowing you to experiment with all materials (not just the ones in your inventory). I see this as very valuable, not only will it eliminate the need for test material and help people learn the building system better but it would give a good infrastructure to do with the rest of the game ( to eliminate outside simulators)

-A new sub-tab in the guild tab called tasks. This would keep track of tasks that you assign to specific people in the guild. This goes hand and hand with projects, guild leaders at a glance need to see who is helping with guild projects and how far along on their task they are. The log just isn't log enough and takes to much time to find information. This new tool would have to keep track of what users put in the domain, that way we have an accurate count.

-A tweak to guild mail. This bothers me more than anything now a days. Guild mail should have visual indicator that it is in fact guild mail, I receive 5-10 mail a day and I have no way to tell if it is guild mail.

-More guild access right levels. During guild projects people need material, so you can either give them access rights or mail them the materials. I would like to see a more depth access rights. I would love to see customization levels that go in depth into what types of items they can grab (recipes, fuel, unrefined materials, ...etc). We have a lot of recipes that people have worked hard to get and now we are getting newer members, with the logs being hard to read I can't keep them safe if I give everyone access. This is me being paranoid but it's still valid.

-Guild Timers. Add a spot to see all the events that are available and their cool downs. Would love to optimize gathering festival tickets.

-Guild Tools. My guild talk about this all the time. It would be awesome to have a tab with every tool in the game that could be borrowed by guild members with rights (another options for access). These items could not be sold or traded and could be recalled by the guild leader.

-Ability to see guild member's stats. Trying to get information from people is like pulling teeth, I would love to see how my members are progressing and who has what when setting tasks.

Edit 1/9/2016:
-Guild Point system. I would love to see a way to manage the input output of the guild by using a point system. Each time someone puts something in(non project related, see above suggestion) then it would add points based off the item. A guild leader can set up the exchange rate to control the flow of materials. This would allow users to take what they need for personal projects while also letting the guild build up stock.

Edit 1/11/2016:
-Guild Task Contribution Tracker. Need a way to figure out how much krya tasks you have done or any other guild based tasks. This would save a lot of headache. This would be displayed on the area that you do the task and would subtract when you took something out.

Edit 1/11/2016 part 2:
-Guild Member Tracker. I hated having to friend every single person in the guild in order to know who is on. When you join a guild it should tell you who is all on and their names should look different than friends, so you can tell at a glance who is what.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Cat says, "Ya I'm going to need you to get back to work"

Markusjh
Citoyen

Re: More guild tools

Postby Markusjh » Sat 09 Jan 2016, 02:11

I second pretty much all of this.. we've resorted to starting a "guild forum" for people to join and post project updates in... but again getting people to be active and responding on a constant basis is hard.

Markusjh

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Mon 11 Jan 2016, 19:45

Updated with more ideas
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Cat says, "Ya I'm going to need you to get back to work"

BlackWolf
Citoyen

Postby BlackWolf » Fri 15 Jan 2016, 21:30

Besides using the google spreedsheets, we've used an outside chat program to keep in contact. Not only can we chat in real time but it's all saved so anyone logging on can scroll back and catch up on the conversation.

Lyncea
Défricheur

Postby Lyncea » Mon 18 Jan 2016, 21:48

I fully support the whole guild permission idea. Alternatively, there could be some kind of guild recipe management system. Also, it would be handy to locate guild members from the guild tab like you do a domain. I know when new quests came out in the past, it was difficult to give exact locations. With coordinates, you have to click around until you find the right area. With locate a member, you could say, "Oh yeah, I'm fighting XXX for this quest. Locate me for the spot."

Also, we use Skype for outside communication and google sheets to track projects/krya. It's kind of an oversight if you designed a game with collaborative actions, but no way to track contributions in game.

bonob
Citoyen

Postby bonob » Tue 01 Mar 2016, 17:04

-More guild access right levels. During guild projects people need material, so you can either give them access rights or mail them the materials. I would like to see a more depth access rights. I would love to see customization levels that go in depth into what types of items they can grab (recipes, fuel, unrefined materials, ...etc). We have a lot of recipes that people have worked hard to get and now we are getting newer members, with the logs being hard to read I can't keep them safe if I give everyone access. This is me being paranoid but it's still valid.

All the suggestions here are nice, and I'd like to insist particularly on this one, guild privilege management.
I remember reading a similar suggestion, probably on the old forum, to have 'zones', or tabs, in guild storage, upon which you could grant access to some members (so you could have a tab with stuff for everyone, a tab with rare stuff for trusted members, and a tab with precious recipes for lieutenants only)

I'd also be very happy to know whether Virtys is following the Ideas sub-forum in general and this thread in particular.
Sustain your attention. Boar slashed, run ruined..

Johnlock
Citoyen
Realm: Hipporiel

Postby Johnlock » Tue 01 Mar 2016, 17:50

I agree with ideas there should be more configurations for guild

Return to “Ideas”