History and continuity

Norach
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

History and continuity

Postby Norach » Sat 10 Dec 2016, 18:26

As the game progresses and new stuff is added to it (both materials and functions),
it seems that certain of the older context do not get updated as -perhaps- they should. They remain within their older limits and do not
expand to involve the new developments.
Some popular examples, which I would also propose to be updated :
The Lupuntar quest: it does not offer any chances for the new metal/crystal tablets
The Sword Cape trades: they never give metal/crystal or olkgu fabrics
The Hipporiel Imperiaum Boss in Spy's Estate: the introduction of Hipporiel tears would probably be good addition here.

I don't have the data to support it, but i believe the same counts for the loot of all fights:
e.g. I have never seen a xuranabor glass or vial or even sand drop anywhere in those last months.

Thanks for reading.
If anyone feels like helping to expand the list with the tasks in need of an update you are welcome.

Invisiblemonkey
Citoyen

Re: History and continuity

Postby Invisiblemonkey » Sat 10 Dec 2016, 18:31

where is the like button?

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Sat 10 Dec 2016, 18:41

It's not in our plan to change existing quests rewards or loots of monsters. When we added resources, we know that the are not available on or used for old quests/old loots etc. But we add some place to loot, collect and use them.

For exemple, if we don't give olkgu in sword cape, it's because it's not related to the price. And no, we will not change the price.
And old boss (spy's estate) will not receive new resources.

It's not just saying no for fun. But resources are linked to the story, regions, monsters, npc,...
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Norach
Citoyen

Postby Norach » Sat 10 Dec 2016, 19:40

I will hazard a response, despite the danger of becoming redundant, or worse irritating.

Céline wrote:It's not in our plan to change existing quests rewards or loots of monsters. When we added resources, we know that the are not available on or used for old quests/old loots etc. But we add some place to loot, collect and use them.

That is the exact point of my post. That you should perhaps change this ... mentality.
The post was named "History and continuity" exactly because I believe that this decision hurts the cohesion of the world you are building.

If I were a new player, that started the game today, being able to get a crystal tablet at Enorwen post, but not at Lupuntar's makes no sense at all.
The same counts for Hipporiel and its tears, and -in a lesser extent- for the loot from fights (although soon enough we may need to have a reference table of where to get something, if possible at all).

Céline wrote:It's not just saying no for fun. But resources are linked to the story, regions, monsters, npc,...

Finally, and I'm sorry for this, but the three examples mentioned above have EVERYTHING to do with all three: story, region & monsters.

Theriana
Défricheur

Postby Theriana » Mon 12 Dec 2016, 08:49

I agree that sometimes here is a feeling of story discontinuity in the quests. On the other hand, every witness tells it's own story.

I would like to respond to:
although soon enough we may need to have a reference table of where to get something, if possible at all

The efforts like this are available. My favorite is
http://therian-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Therian_saga_Wiki
I use it frequently to locate a specific item. It's not complete, however.

Return to “Ideas”