Leaderboards

plantice
Traducteur
Realm: Fauconnia

Leaderboards

Postby plantice » Sun 08 Jan 2017, 19:52

Hello All,

Another idea that popped up was per craft leader boards. I heard so many requests for top end crafters but unless people are on it is difficult to get in touch with them. So making a top 3 or 5 leader board for each craft would allow:

- The highest skill people are at
- Completion
- A reason to max out skills
- Who to contact if needing max skill crafts or if you need help with that craft
- and possibly more
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Cat says, "Ya I'm going to need you to get back to work"

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Re: Leaderboards

Postby Lifewarden » Sun 08 Jan 2017, 21:50

What if all the skills are maxd already? :P

Dweezil
Défricheur

Postby Dweezil » Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:41

I like the idea, but I like it even more if you can see all players in a list. The list has to be able to sort on skills, that way you can do what you sugested yourself, plus players in general will be more visible. The friend list remains usefull to see online status and have quick acces to friends. If you can see last loggon like in guild tab, you also have an idea if a player is still playing and if it's worth to contact him/her.

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Mon 09 Jan 2017, 17:53

Lifewarden wrote:What if all the skills are maxd already? :P

Than you would be one of the top 5 or so
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

plantice
Traducteur

Postby plantice » Mon 09 Jan 2017, 17:56

Dweezil wrote:I like the idea, but I like it even more if you can see all players in a list. The list has to be able to sort on skills, that way you can do what you sugested yourself, plus players in general will be more visible. The friend list remains usefull to see online status and have quick acces to friends. If you can see last loggon like in guild tab, you also have an idea if a player is still playing and if it's worth to contact him/her.

While a good idea, it would be tough to do this as you would have alot of stress on the database. It is either going to be a saved view (snapshots taken at certain intervals) or a dynamic view (on the fly). With that many people to sort thru and place, it is either going to slow down the game or not be very accurate.

Melindra
Bourlingueur

Postby Melindra » Mon 09 Jan 2017, 20:18

Leaderboards would be an interesting addition. As mentioned, it would enable all players to see who the 'top' players are in each craft/combat skill. But what player doesn't already know who is on the top of said leaderboard? :lol: :lol:
I also believe it could help monetize the game by encouraging people to buy more BC to either sell for gold to buy mats for leveling or to make more alts for gathering needed mats for leveling. After all, most people are rather competitive and this could bring more needed income into the game.
However, it would also create a more competitive environment. Do we want this? TS is so relaxed and easy going, leaderboards might create more e-peen waving that is so commonly seen in other games and that I am personally glad not to have to witness day in and day out.
In the interim, (cuz we all know this isn't getting implemented any time soon ;) ), why don't we create a forum page with people who wish to advertise their skills to potential buyers?

tldr: support :D

Maniel
Emperator
Realm: Maliken

Postby Maniel » Mon 09 Jan 2017, 21:27

Not sur that everyone would like to be on such a list :o
Joue depuis le : 2014-01-07 (7janvier) 15:10:07
25 personnages sur Fiergrue (non ce n'est pas un record !).
Mais non, mais non, je ne sommes pas du tout schizophrène :lol:

Mmmmh. Oui, irl, je suis une fille.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Mon 09 Jan 2017, 22:47

Yeah, not that I would be on the list, I wouldn't want to be.

Melindra had a good idea, though. Just make a forum post that lists all the higher level people (that actually want the publicity), and then people can reference that if they need something crafted.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

TheHarvester
Emperator

Postby TheHarvester » Tue 10 Jan 2017, 05:55

Leaderboards are always good thing to happen to a game. I think that competition drives people in online games.

For me it must be well designed thing (just top 3 or top 5 is nonsense) and of course because some players raise their voice about that ... maybe a option to hide your characters from leaderboards is also a cool thing.

Orlin
Défricheur
Realm: -

Postby Orlin » Tue 10 Jan 2017, 15:01

My version of Leaderboard window (made it in Paint :) )

As mentioned before, not every player wants to be in leaderboards. So if you want to get there, first you need is to press button "Add me". Server scans list of players (who wants to be in leaderboards) one time per day (for example at 00:00)(or even one time per week), so there is no heavy load on server.

Second suggestion is Character cards. What is it and how it looks like you may see on the picture.

And one more thing. To avoid a lot of friend requests from newbies (because of leaderboards), some players may need an option to disable friend requests.
Sorry for my English ;)

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Tue 10 Jan 2017, 15:14

plantice wrote:While a good idea, it would be tough to do this as you would have alot of stress on the database. It is either going to be a saved view (snapshots taken at certain intervals) or a dynamic view (on the fly). With that many people to sort thru and place, it is either going to slow down the game or not be very accurate.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole leaderboard idea. But if they do put one in, I would suggest basing it on the highest level of crafting actually completed in each area, not on some theoretical maximum. That would be easy to record, and is more stable.

Dweezil
Défricheur

Postby Dweezil » Thu 12 Jan 2017, 07:59

Orlin wrote:My version of Leaderboard window (made it in Paint :) )

I love it!

guivou
Mystique
Realm: Alchimideon

Postby guivou » Thu 12 Jan 2017, 22:33

TheHarvester wrote:Leaderboards are always good thing to happen to a game. I think that competition drives people in online games.

perhaps for other game, but this game is unique because it have no compétition between players (i like this thing very much) ,so i think it's not a good idea

Return to “Ideas”