Ideas to stop the spammers

Yushi
Emperator
Realm: Fauconnia

Ideas to stop the spammers

Postby Yushi » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 01:00

These are some ideas that were given in global. I take no credit for these ideas, and don't remember who the credit is due to, but wanted to post them here anyways.

Auto mute anyone who is ignored enough times within a certain duration of time. For example; 100 ignores within one hour.

Ghost mute; They get muted, but text still goes through on their screen. That way they don't even know their muted, and don't know they need to switch out characters/accounts.

I believe the person gave one other idea, but I don't remember what it was. I think with these two it will help greatly, though. Probably also lighten the load on the mods, too.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Arakismo
Citoyen
Realm: Agonedus

Re: Ideas to stop the spammers

Postby Arakismo » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 04:20

Great suggestions, but for the ignore I think 20 in one hour is more than enough to spot a spammer.

One more thing would be: more moderators, on Loucantar I only know MamieNova and I think there should be more of them ( I asked to be moderator on this server, will see if I get it). There should alway be one moderators online to keep an eye on the chat.

New idea that I just had: a general /votemute (Name) or /voteban (Name) that everyone can do and if it have enough vote, the designed person will be muted definitely.

(sorry for the mediocre english, I hope you understand everything ^^)
''Mes ancêtres me sourient, Impériaux! Pouvez-vous en dire autant?''

-Joueur depuis le 18/04/2012

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Postby Céline » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 07:45

Thanks for the ideas, I transfer them to devs ;)

The cooperation between the players and the team begins to bear fruit, their reappearance rate has dropped greatly: D
- Big thanks to all of you, players ♥ -

We can also hope that the game is not profitable on their side so that they do not take the time to modify their bots and look for other games;)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 08:06

With the intelligence level of the players in this type of game, I highly doubt anyone has actually gone to those sites. It's just annoying to ignore a new person every couple hours.

I used 100 in one hour as an example because there are some with enough characters they could abuse that ability with any less. I, for one, could easily ignore someone 20 times in one hour. I may have even already done it once or twice. I wouldn't want someone getting muted just because I didn't like them.

The vote-ban is also a pretty good idea. It should definitely send a report for review, though. In case there are attempts to abuse it. We don't want our actual players being banned. This could be done with fewer than the 100 in an hour, too. I can just ignore the people I don't like, but vote-ban anyone that is actually a threat.

I think they are being very careful with who they grant moderator status to. You get some pretty powerful abilities with that. Don't want to give power to someone who isn't mature enough to handle it.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

PlainSpell
Citoyen

Postby PlainSpell » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 10:06

In the mean time, could /ignore be made to work for all chars on account not just one? That would help a bit too.

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:57

Spam bots have only one character on each account. To have a second one, you have to buy a Crossing, and they never pay. They don't have the BC and the money they claim to sell ;)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

PlainSpell
Citoyen

Postby PlainSpell » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 13:18

I meant my account. I wish that single /ignore on any char worked for all my chars on the account.

swann88
Traducteur

Postby swann88 » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 02:34

" I wish that single /ignore on any char worked for all my chars on the account."
please do this
also requiring in game progress for access to chat is usually a good method of deterring this kind of thing

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 06:50

Getting off hope island lol
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Postby Aeschylus » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 10:25

Perhaps shadow ban anyone who posts identical messages within a given amount of time, or anyone who posts the same URL in consecutive messages.

milordas
Citoyen

Postby milordas » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 13:27

Just do few things:
- mute all newbies whos not left first island - harder to make bot character for spamming
- mute all chats for 1 hour with simple patterns (must be rewieved by moderators) in this case mute chars with text "tuuuut.com"
- enable 24 hours character deletion period for account, not instant delete but timed at 24 h - more painfull to make more bot chars.
well.. the more pain, the more "not worth" any more to make bots

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 14:23

Make a captcha, that must be entered as part of character creation. I hate captchas, but I hate scammers more. I also really like the idea of requiring in game progress to chat, but what if someone has a question while they're still on Hope Island?

Sniq
Bourlingueur
Realm: Lanfar

Postby Sniq » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 16:28

I think the "voting" system suggested in the first post would work quite well.

If a player receives enough in-game "complain" (could be /ignore or could be a new command like /report <character_name> <reason>), the player will be automatically muted. Virtys can review the reasons why a character is being reported, and the player can appeal his/her case (but I doubt spammer will appeal). And I think the chance that many players will abuse this "spam" reporting system will be low.

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 17:23

On a related note, clicking a name in chat should bring up a menu with options to whisper or ignore said person. This would make it easier to ignore and also prevent the miss clicked whisper that we've all made!

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 17:26

Click to ignore would be amazing. Since they like to have names like "asdfkjha" and "dkfhweirr"...

Is it possible to do that in Silverlight?

Rawex
Défricheur

Postby Rawex » Mon 17 Apr 2017, 10:13

a ignore feature would be very handy to have :)

Return to “Ideas”