New Armor

Maru
Bourlingueur
Realm: Filgar

New Armor

Postby Maru » Thu 21 Sep 2017, 10:28

Dear Devs,
as you know most of the players want a new Armor. So I wanted to share some of my ideas, maybe you like some and will implement them to the game.
I would like to add two new kinds of armors: Bone-Scale armor and Stone-Plate armor.
These armors have one special trait that other armors don't. They give you buffs on the damage you make and take (Same buffs as the Bosses).

Bone-Scale armor: + x% to atack, - x% to defense (Hunting) made of Bone-Scales an Leather
Stone-Plate armor: - x% to atack, + x% to defense (Stone-Cutting) made of Stone-Plates and metall reinforcement
These armors are for the high-end content.

In battle you get a buff from the mean value of all parts of the armor.
To make it more difficult you need a drop item from the bosses (maybe Souls in 3 grades).

What do you think?

Maru
Bourlingueur

Re: New Armor

Postby Maru » Thu 21 Sep 2017, 10:30

for inspiration: https://prnt.sc/gntpq0

Ksander
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Ksander » Thu 21 Sep 2017, 11:45

Good idea, support. Very similar to the armor of the dead

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Thu 21 Sep 2017, 12:18

LOL Bone armour was my emporator wish exactly 1 year ago now... so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for new armour :lol: :lol:

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 1.15.24 PM copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 1.15.24 PM copy.jpg (31.82 KiB) Viewed 12300 times
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

isprite
Citoyen
Realm: -

Postby isprite » Thu 21 Sep 2017, 14:50

New mechanics are not for this game. +0.1 for some skills in a half year and 20 hours of content - a standard update.

Maru
Bourlingueur

Postby Maru » Thu 21 Sep 2017, 14:56

isprite wrote:New mechanics are not for this game. +0.1 for some skills in a half year and 20 hours of content - a standard update.

That's not true. I think the Behemoth I & II updates were really well done. Except for the bestiary jewls.

Maru
Bourlingueur

Postby Maru » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 09:27

Dear devs,
after seeing the last few updates I started thinking that you are running out of ideas. Many of our guild's members stoped playing because it's getting borring since there is almost no new content. How about something new, like the new armors I proposed above. Or some new trades. We need something new

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Fri 04 Jan 2019, 14:30

New armor isn't going to improve the game. In fact, focusing on updates that just allow further stat improvement is not good for the long run.

What drew me to the game initially was the interlocking aspects of the rules. One profession alone wasn't enough to advance; you always either needed to trade with others, or develop your character broadly in all skills. Advancement was a giant puzzle you had to solve, figuring out where to invest next. That's what I loved about the game.

This happy situation remains true up through the mid-game. At the higher levels this aspect has faded -- most skill paths advance on their own, or with a few long-standing dependencies (metal for most tools, plus archeology for runes). It is very rare now when I have to pause in developing a targeted skill because some other area isn't yet good enough.

I'd like to urge the devs to consider reintroducing cross-skill dependency back into the game at higher levels. It would also be great to bring some of the neglected skills back into greater relevance. I have a few ideas; maybe I'll send them privately so if any get taken up they'll remain a surprise. ;)

Maru
Bourlingueur

Postby Maru » Sat 05 Jan 2019, 03:27

The idea is not just about new armors. It's more about introducing new game mechanics like a buff-system. Also you would have to find a compromise for attack and defense for yourself by experimenting and not just build an armor with the highest stats. This way you would get more individuality in the game. The bone-scale armor is good against mobs with high def and you would kill weak mobs with one strike and the stone-armor would be nice against mobs with high offense. This will allow you to travel better in dangerous areas, would be nice for new areas in future updates. Also I can't stand to see the design of the old armors anymore, I'd like to see something more epic. The requirements for the first recipes (helmet) should also be high, like defeating the owl 5 times or a hard guild festival where the whole guild is involved. The other recipes should unlock in the process of crafting. The armors should have similar stats like the plate-armor (maybe a little higher for more motivation).
Also you could introduce 3 new trades like bone-armory, stone-armory and enchantment.
So for example to produce the materials for a bone-scale armor you would need hunting and enchantment and to combine them you would need bone-armory.
New trades require new tools, jewelry, potions, machines, buildings, companions and pets. To unlock the trades, and get the first companion (T3 level) you could make a short questline with high requirements. For better companions you have to spend foggy pearls at the university in nostria. The recipes for machine, building, potion and tool can be bought after the questline for a high price.
The hardest part would be to implement the buff system, but I'm sure you will find a solution :)

Such an update would revive and improve the game.

I'd like to see a statement from the devs

Return to “Ideas”