Old ideas are best :)

Hardsun
Bourlingueur
Realm: Fauconnia

Old ideas are best :)

Postby Hardsun » Thu 12 Oct 2017, 20:02

https://www.raphkoster.com/2017/09/28/ultima-onlines-influence/

Well kind of, im half joking and haf serious - but this might be intresting reading for devs ;)

Falkarma
Bâtisseur
Realm: -

Re: Old ideas are best :)

Postby Falkarma » Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:34

Thanks for that link. Very good text.

And yes, we have childs of UO in the team. Many of our way of thinking a game come from there. Before Therian Saga, in early 2000, we had one of the most customized UO shard (what they call "Gray shard" in your text) and the biggest french community. The server had strict roleplay rules and progression was based not only on your action, but on the quality of the way you were roleplaying a character. It was based on RunUO, we had created the universal tool MulBuilder to customize graphics. We also created a new map for the world and... it's the same base outline of the map that you are actually playing on right now.

ZyXTherianSaga.jpg
ZyXTherianSaga.jpg (241.07 KiB) Viewed 4987 times

Good old times yes.
Therian Saga

Hardsun
Bourlingueur

Postby Hardsun » Fri 13 Oct 2017, 14:13

So thats where map coming from - thats intresting you have expirience with UO :)
I do remember old post of yours where entire map had panned zones with numbers all over.

For me its general feeling of worl being alive ( both social and world mechincs and how it all interconnects) what separates good MMO worlds games from "single player" MMO games. UO was/still is that kind of living game. And sadly we are getting too many single player mmos in last years.
Glad you liked the article.

catellan
Citoyen

Postby catellan » Sun 15 Oct 2017, 23:21

I've been hooked to UO for many years!
Now i get why i liked this game so much from the first glance :D

Return to “Ideas”