A couple suggestions and ideas

AngelClaw
Défricheur
Realm: Nostria

A couple suggestions and ideas

Postby AngelClaw » Mon 02 Jul 2018, 01:11

I played TS back when it was launching, when Gameforge was also with the project. For anyone who played back then is easy to remember how crowded the game was. Of course, it´s still a niche game but we still had some 500-700 online players constantly, if not more. The market was always full with goods and the chat was constantly buzzing with activitiy. I came back to TS now and to my surprise, the online player count never goes past 25. Of course, I'm playing on Loucantar server, and I haven´t looked into Wojtek, but I dont think the situation would be a lot different. With that in mind, it pains me to see such a beautiful game kinda forgotten by the playerbase, especially in a time where crafting games are sought by lots of people. I´m pretty sure some of these points have already been brought up but here´s my 2 cents on what could really improve the game:

- server merging: yeah, I know. It´s scary. Server mergers always are. But then again, a total server merger would definetly improve the game, the economy. We would have more stocked public markets and a healthier ingame economy. And when i say merger I mean merge all the servers. People could add language tabs to their chat so they can talk to people that speak the same language, while also having a global english chat.

- daily login prizes: I know this might cause some debate but it's a somehow healthy practice. To allow people daily login rewards is to encourage them to come back every day and participate more in the game, while also giving more chances for people to try shop items. Prizes could be distributed among a 28 day period, with materials, falconeer contracts and even cach shop items every 7 days, with the 28th day prize being 1 blue crown. Dedicated players could eventually gather enough crowns to buy a shop upgrade of their choice or sell the BCs on the market. This would have to be implemented carefully as to not be exploited by multiple accounts, of course.

- world events: another aspect that I still find very "unexplored" after these years is the lore of the game. We get bits and pieces during quests, but this is fertile ground for world events. How about a series of co-op quests where you have to gather materials and deliver on pebble bridge in order to accelerate the construction? And a harvest festival in hawkoria where you would have to deliver "cooking" materials for a grand feast (such as meat, mushrooms and berries). The arena, that is always empty could be the hosting ground of the Falconers game, where brave players could try for the chance of becoming grand champions and eventually have to defend their title. An event where the sewers of Hawkoria would have to be ridden of a ratking invasion. A world rally where players would have to travel to different regions and reach (and find via exploration) different checkpoints. A disease epidemy where players would have to work together to create and distribute potions troughout the cities. The possibilities are endless, and as I said, the lore of the game is extremelly rich to be left unexplored.

- inviting rewards: players could also be rewarded by inviting new players. Another idead that would have to be carefully designed as to not be exploited, but an honest method to increase playerbase.

I believe there have been talks about most of these stuff and that my ideas are not the only ones. But this game is just too well crafted to remain in the shadows like this.

PS: the way I see it is a vicious cycle. Small playerbase causes market to have extremely low stock, wich in turn makes very hard for new player to acquire better equipment and then progress in game, which causes them to feel like they're stuck and eventually makes them leave the game.
For the merging of all servers!

Céline
Mystique
Realm: -

Re: A couple suggestions and ideas

Postby Céline » Mon 02 Jul 2018, 07:59

AngelClaw wrote:we still had some 500-700 online players constantly, if not more.

Maybe the first "gameforge" week ;)
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

AngelClaw
Défricheur
Realm: Nostria

Re: A couple suggestions and ideas

Postby AngelClaw » Mon 02 Jul 2018, 09:15

Maybe, but I hardly think so. Gameforge's only role was to help spread the word about the game. Virtys has 99% of the merit on how great the game is and it's potential. I just think it needs another of that 'spread the word' buff.
For the merging of all servers!

Return to “Ideas”