C#/Silverlight to HTML5 Solution?

LadyMiska
Défricheur
Realm: Nostria

C#/Silverlight to HTML5 Solution?

Postby LadyMiska » Fri 14 Sep 2018, 13:44

First, let me just say that I've only been playing since February 2018, but I really ♥ this game; it truly IS Unique. ;) I am strictly a PC gamer, but after reading the Cinq Ans! / Five Years! thread ( http://forum.theriansaga.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5012 ), I started looking into possible 'solutions' for TS Devs.

I found some information on a 'New Extension' for Visual Studio that helps Developers migrate/convert Silverlight code/apps to HTML5. This seemed VERY promising!

According to the article:

"Developers are now able to use C# and XAML to write apps that run in the browser," the French company said. "Absolutely no knowledge of HTML5 or JavaScript is required to use the extension, as it compiles your files to HTML5 and JavaScript for you . . ."

Here is the Article:

Silverlight Reborn? Check Out 'C#/XAML for HTML5'
https://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2018/02/26/cshtml5.aspx

Hope This Helps! ;)

~Miska

Cloudigger
Mystique
Realm: -

Re: C#/Silverlight to HTML5 Solution?

Postby Cloudigger » Fri 14 Sep 2018, 15:15

LadyMiska wrote:First, let me just say that I've only been playing since February 2018, but I really ♥ this game; it truly IS Unique. ;) I am strictly a PC gamer, but after reading the Cinq Ans! / Five Years! thread ( http://forum.theriansaga.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5012 ), I started looking into possible 'solutions' for TS Devs.

I found some information on a 'New Extension' for Visual Studio that helps Developers migrate/convert Silverlight code/apps to HTML5. This seemed VERY promising!

According to the article:

"Developers are now able to use C# and XAML to write apps that run in the browser," the French company said. "Absolutely no knowledge of HTML5 or JavaScript is required to use the extension, as it compiles your files to HTML5 and JavaScript for you . . ."

Here is the Article:

Silverlight Reborn? Check Out 'C#/XAML for HTML5'
https://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2018/02/26/cshtml5.aspx

Hope This Helps! ;)

~Miska

Cool. Thanks. I'll be sure that Falk gets the message. Well as a matter of fact Celine made sure we did.

LadyMiska
Défricheur

Postby LadyMiska » Fri 14 Sep 2018, 21:53

Cloudigger wrote:Cool. Thanks. I'll be sure that Falk gets the message. Well as a matter of fact Celine made sure we did.

Thank You Cloudigger & Thank You Celine! :)

Falkarma
Bâtisseur

Postby Falkarma » Mon 17 Sep 2018, 19:16

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I'll just have a talk with the business doing this framework.
Therian Saga

LadyMiska
Défricheur

Postby LadyMiska » Wed 19 Sep 2018, 16:01

You're Welcome . . . I Hope it is Helpful! ;)

Torrey
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Torrey » Thu 20 Sep 2018, 17:24

I hope you can find something. I just updated my Mac OS and silverlight stopped working entirely. after an hour with Apple support - this is what I got

In this latest release of Safari all Plug-Ins, excepting Flash are no longer supported by the software. What has to happen is 3rd party plug-in developers will need to create new Safari App Extensions to replace their plug-ins and extensions which are not supported in Safari 12.

cheers

Ziracana
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Postby Ziracana » Wed 26 Dec 2018, 18:53

Hi Team
hope you had some great holidays.

My Silverlight or so I assume seems to stop working too. I had previously issues with it and if I remember I could log in with my name, all 5 alts on frontpage are visible but as soon I click any alt I get an error message.

Well while on holiday on my surface pro I am no longer able to log on. I tried to download the client again but my Norton 360 considered it as risk.
I am hoping the new client is to new for Norton to recognize it save or that our player base is too small for Norton to know that file.

My question is, had there been an update since Dec 17th and that update has a problem or is the client fine and I can ignore the warning?

My guild Syndicate is currently leaderless till I can log back on, please assist before my members are leaving if I can't log back in, nor even send a guild message.

Thank you,
Ziracana

Céline
Mystique

Postby Céline » Wed 26 Dec 2018, 19:02

Hello,

For the update (December, 20th) : https://forum.theriansaga.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5815
If you use a antivirus that alerts you that Therian Saga is dangerous, it's mostly because Virtys is a really small company and some antivirus have a rule like this : "not a famous company = danger". But it's a "false positive".

For you guild, please send us an email : support@virtys.com
---
~Contact : support@virtys.com~

Return to “Ideas”