Owl is Dead

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: Owl is Dead

Postby Lifewarden » Fri 20 May 2016, 13:14

J_S wrote:The Owl has been killed at least 3 times now on the Russian server. All 3 kills with different players.
The second kill was the same day as the updated with poisons.
The third was yesterday.
So, we have 2 Predators beak now.

а у вас там много людей кто до сотни пирс дамаг раскачал? Я полгода назад ещё видел линковали 100/97 вроде, но тогда сова ещё не дропала ништяков ради которых её стоит фармить :D По правде говоря я и сейчас не вижу особого смысла тратить на это кучу ресурсов, разве что ради самого факта превозмогания сложности боя :P Что-то подсказывает мне что новая броня будет ну не настолько прям имбовой по сравнению с харно, хотяяяяяя если можно устойчиво фармить сову, то фармить конечно надо

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Fri 20 May 2016, 14:33

I wonder how many of those awesome players of RU server would have killed the owl, or even had been close to beat it, if the cap of 3 premiums per day hadn't been lifted...

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Fri 20 May 2016, 20:04

LOL why the Ruski's love posting in the English section of the forum so much? Do any of us post on the Russian forum? or even care? That server is tainted by cheats and hacks... how can we trust anything anyone from there says...

The clue is in the title:

Therian Saga > Board index > English > Community > Wojtek

Merumi is king. End of.
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

J_S
Citoyen

Postby J_S » Fri 20 May 2016, 20:09

4th Owl down on Ru. First on another server.
fingon wrote:I wonder how many of those awesome players of RU server would have killed the owl, or even had been close to beat it, if the cap of 3 premiums per day hadn't been lifted...

I don't know how lamden help you to kill owl. But only first 2 killers were using BC to speed up Watchmaker downtime to skill up the attack skill.

And as far as I know about 10 players are close to beat it. They just need to make some poison.
7h to make 1 is too much.

J_S
Citoyen

Postby J_S » Fri 20 May 2016, 20:13

Woody wrote:LOL why the Ruski's love posting in the English section of the forum so much? Do any of us post on the Russian forum? or even care? That server is tainted by cheats and hacks... how can we trust anything anyone from there says...

Because, we know english.
And most of you don't know russian.
But we post it there from your name. So it is ok. Russian forum know well about your great construction, guides, calculators and so on.
And it is good.

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Fri 20 May 2016, 20:34

J_S wrote:4th Owl down on Ru. First on another server.
I don't know how lamden help you to kill owl. But only first 2 killers were using BC to speed up Watchmaker downtime to skill up the attack skill.
And as far as I know about 10 players are close to beat it. They just need to make some poison.
7h to make 1 is too much.

На самом деле это всё решает. Бутылка на атаку не проблема, ещё год назад можно было сделать. Атака в сотню пирса не проблема, были бы ускорялки да пирс раскачан - НО попробуй пофарми вотчмейкера с лимитом на 3 химерика в сутки - сразу почувствуешь разницу. Решающим фактором стал ввод ядов. А то что у вас все атаку раскачали на макс уже давно - это само собой разумеется. При вашей доступности BC (как они у вас там называются? имперские... крауны?) и отсутсвии лимитов я вообще не понимаю какого хрена мы тут вообще что-то обсуждаем...

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Fri 20 May 2016, 20:37

Everyone saw the first Owl kill video... so relax. :D

This post was about the first Owl kill on WOJTEK server... that's why it was posted on WOJTEK section of the forums.... lol

original poster didn't say 'I am the first person ever to kill the owl' nor did he say 'Russian server is rubbish and we won the international hidden server competition!!' so relax. :D

merumi is king. end of.

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Fri 20 May 2016, 21:28

Do those scales make good scale armor at least? Anyone run any simulator numbers or anything?

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Fri 20 May 2016, 22:04

Valerian wrote:Do those scales make good scale armor at least? Anyone run any simulator numbers or anything?

Here is the scale. I'm not good at figuring out stats, so let me know what you guys come up with.....it looks like the stats are awesome. if it's actually possible to craft with that mechanical resistance is another question.
Predatoris Scale.PNG
Predatoris Scale.PNG (26.53 KiB) Viewed 14203 times

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Fri 20 May 2016, 22:07

gibsont01 wrote:
Valerian wrote:Do those scales make good scale armor at least? Anyone run any simulator numbers or anything?

Here is the scale. I'm not good at figuring out stats, so let me know what you guys come up with.....it looks like the stats are awesome. if it's actually possible to craft with that mechanical resistance is another question.
Predatoris Scale.PNG

Oops, looks like it was already posted before. My bad

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Sat 21 May 2016, 08:27

gibsont01 wrote:if it's actually possible to craft with that mechanical resistance is another question.

That's what the epic mill is for buddy... don't worry ;)

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Sat 21 May 2016, 13:10

Woody wrote:
gibsont01 wrote:if it's actually possible to craft with that mechanical resistance is another question.

That's what the epic mill is for buddy... don't worry ;)

50 mill
50 Idol
22 companion
5 talisman

50*0.4 + 50*0.3 + 22*.2 + 5 = 44.4

Using a 33 HQ domane blade gets you to 77. No need for any fancy mills.

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Sat 21 May 2016, 21:55

The mill envy rages on :P

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Sun 22 May 2016, 14:56

gibsont01 wrote::D I spent 400-500 BC on Watchmaker to get to that (albeit with a lot of luck im guessing).

In terms of watchmaker did you bother trying to actually kill him? Or just attacking is much as possible and blocking with companions to hope for skillups?

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Sun 22 May 2016, 15:03

Valerian wrote:
gibsont01 wrote::D I spent 400-500 BC on Watchmaker to get to that (albeit with a lot of luck im guessing).

In terms of watchmaker did you bother trying to actually kill him? Or just attacking is much as possible and blocking with companions to hope for skillups?

Nope. Just attack as much as possible and use companions to block. Never once beat him.

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Sun 22 May 2016, 15:17

you were super lucky tho... and it shouldn't be counted as the norm that it costs 400 BC to get to that level in pierce attack.

I stopped after 800+ months ago getting to 96 / 96 :(

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh I want to kill the owl :mrgreen:

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Sun 22 May 2016, 15:25

Woody wrote:

dito... me too ;)

unfortunately I seem to be stuck at 92/94, when getting a 77def owl I at least did some damage, but nowhere near of beating that thing so far :(

at the guys who beat it.. how much damage does the owl do to your char? so far I can't seem to take more than one hit at a single piece of armor...

gibsont01
Emperator

Postby gibsont01 » Sun 22 May 2016, 17:07

Morlop wrote:
Woody wrote:

dito... me too ;)

unfortunately I seem to be stuck at 92/94, when getting a 77def owl I at least did some damage, but nowhere near of beating that thing so far :(

at the guys who beat it.. how much damage does the owl do to your char? so far I can't seem to take more than one hit at a single piece of armor...

99% of the time, if you get hit in the same piece of armor twice, you are dead.
Read my post above about the fight, to see what my strategy was.

Aeschylus
Citoyen

Postby Aeschylus » Sun 22 May 2016, 17:22

Morlop wrote: dito... me too ;)

I would suspect that even pretty much maxed out it's still not much better than a 1/20 proposition to beat the owl. A lot of things have to go right with the RNG, which is a fickle master on a good day.

Morlop
Animateur
Realm: Filgar

Postby Morlop » Sun 22 May 2016, 18:17

gibsont01 wrote:
99% of the time, if you get hit in the same piece of armor twice, you are dead.
Read my post above about the fight, to see what my strategy was.

Yep I read your strategy, I am just unsure if armor is even that important (except for avoiding the small owls) if dying when getting hit in the same spot is pretty much garantied anyways... ;D

By the way did anyone get close to building one of those armor pieces? If my suspicions are right helmet would only get around 58/56/55 stats... which would be disappointed.. please prove me wrong!!!

Return to “Lanfar”