Owl is Dead

Woody
Emperator
Realm: Fauconnia

Re: Owl is Dead

Postby Woody » Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:01

Valerian wrote:I'm pretty sure Elicarde was simply added to the game as a sort of "preview" for what could eventually be made. I highly doubt there's a current way of obtaining it. I eem to recall the devs saying as much while on the Norstria test server (not explicitly saying it couldn't be obtained but that it was a preview).

Sorry I should have been clearer; I was referring to the whole buzz on the Russian forums as the owl dropped an elicard plank. I thought everyone knew. :mrgreen: Even with 20+ screengrabs of crafting with elicard there are folks who are suspiscous of the russian server tho.
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

fingon
Bâtisseur

Postby fingon » Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:43

I believe the Devs have shown that they know how to balance the game, not giving extreme advantages over a certain gameplay.

Adding elicard drop to Owl would be ultimately satisfying to the elite doing this, but would cripple the game balance. Although someone could argue that nocturnal leather is only droppable at Wyvern, this is not the same, since normal gameplay can let someone kill the Wyvern soon enough when noctu will be needed for e.g. a top notch whip.

That said, the Owl drop is unsatisfying at the moment, a beak with better stats might be more appropriate. It would feel logical anyway, to gradually kill the Owl easier as the complete set of armor is crafted from Owl loot.

The Russian Elicard drop is still a mystery. Bug? Exploit? different drop tables? And with official words non existent on the matter, we can only guess if Merumi has been unlucky or not. I still insist though that what Virtys lacks in frequency and consistency in new content, they gain in carefully balanced game content.

Edit: gratz on Morlop of German server!

Patrope
Bourlingueur

Postby Patrope » Wed 29 Jun 2016, 01:59

FYI, Falk mentioned in game chat that there is a new type of scale armor coming that will work better with the owl drops. Better to save them for that, rather than waste on the current recipes. ;)

DarkShade
Emperator

Postby DarkShade » Wed 29 Jun 2016, 02:11

Falk also confirmed that there is no elicard drop from owl on this server or the russian server.

Coastis
Bourlingueur

Postby Coastis » Wed 29 Jun 2016, 02:26

Technically he neither confirmed nor denied the elicard owl drop... but does seem to suggest it's not in game, yeah.

Woody
Emperator

Postby Woody » Wed 29 Jun 2016, 07:50

Coastis wrote:Technically he neither confirmed nor denied the elicard owl drop... but does seem to suggest it's not in game, yeah.

"It took like finally 20 years to get it"

An optimist (like me, what else have I got at the total end game? lol ) would read 'took' as past tense. i.e. it has happened. Also 'finally' as well inidicates past tense. However thats a non Native english speaker being traditionally vague. So who knows.

"They have the same data as you" is also super vague.

I feel like if the Russian server cheated in some way. We'd get a more diffinitve response. Like Black Friday when we were all hacked. The devs came on removed the player and sent offenders mails stating an amnesity of illegal market purchases. I just think we'd hear about cheating if that was the case.

DarkShade wrote:Falk also confirmed that there is no elicard drop from owl on this server or the russian server.

Were you refering to this passage of global chat? or another one?

Patrope wrote:FYI, Falk mentioned in game chat that there is a new type of scale armor coming that will work better with the owl drops. Better to save them for that, rather than waste on the current recipes. ;)

Awesome. Good looking out :) Looks into his bag at his zero stash of beaks :D
Classic, Fantastic, Romantic

DarkShade
Emperator

Postby DarkShade » Wed 29 Jun 2016, 19:05

I was going off of the screenshotted section.

Balak
Emperator
Realm: Agonedus

Postby Balak » Sun 12 Feb 2017, 14:19

What is your strategy for fighting the Felgorn Beast. Do you tank with your Hero and kill all the little beast ?

Rodik
Défricheur

Postby Rodik » Tue 20 Jun 2017, 07:15

Congrats

Nina
Traducteur

Postby Nina » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 15:43

I got my first Owl kill today! WOOHOO!