Need Help With getting harnois armor.

KLKsolid
Défricheur
Realm: Fauconnia

Need Help With getting harnois armor.

Postby KLKsolid » Fri 20 May 2016, 08:04

Helo good fellows.
Im looking for some skilled armor smith to forge Harnois armor, or maby 1 of you have spare 1.
Iv already got Helmet but i need rest.
For now im more than low on gold, but i am willing to buy BC and exchange it.
Stats that i have on my present armor are in range of 34-37 an all slots so to have difference i need to have something around 47-50.
I will be more than thankfull for help and understanding.

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Re: Need Help With getting harnois armor.

Postby Lifewarden » Fri 20 May 2016, 08:32

I'd recommend you one of these variants:
if you don't wanna to spend much then go with a classical bronze/steel (mind that bronze plates cheaper than steel reinforcements and you need more plates overall), but you'll "grow out of it" in a couple of days in, say, Elisime dung, so I'd recommend you something that also has odiemel in it, since people farming it en masse = it's relatively cheap, but it's a massive improvement over simpler metals.

KLKsolid
Défricheur

Postby KLKsolid » Fri 20 May 2016, 08:57

I see its not that hard. Im going to be able to farm some of component myself but i need Forge to make it. Unfortunetly I can only make up to 29 so maby some 1 can do it for me. Not for free ofcourse

Lifewarden
Bâtisseur

Postby Lifewarden » Fri 20 May 2016, 09:44

The main prob with harnois crafing is that you usually have to babysit it for a couple of days (2-3), managing the production of ingots, then plates, reinforcements, (maybe forging pots), and harno itself takes several hours each part, so people used to charge a hefty sums for making the set days back. Dunno about now, prob if you'll find a dude who wanna level forging he'll do it for free or for a modest fee.

KLKsolid
Défricheur

Postby KLKsolid » Fri 20 May 2016, 09:52

I will be in your debt.

Ahlberg
Citoyen

Postby Ahlberg » Fri 20 May 2016, 13:40

If you are looking for odi/dom I can do it for free. If you want something lower than that I can do it and we can hash out a price. Send a mail to Ahlberg in game.

Sammenator
Citoyen

Postby Sammenator » Mon 23 May 2016, 11:32

This might be a stupid question but seeing he is was looking for around 47-50 armor
does it have to be harnois?
A platemail set with odiemal plates and blueroc links sits around 46-48 defense and is a hell of a lot cheaper to make with 6 plates and 3 links average per piece
it will not last as long maybe but long enough to save up for a Harnois set that is good for the long run aswell

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Mon 23 May 2016, 12:51

Sammenator wrote:This might be a stupid question but seeing he is was looking for around 47-50 armor
does it have to be harnois?
A platemail set with odiemal plates and blueroc links sits around 46-48 defense and is a hell of a lot cheaper to make with 6 plates and 3 links average per piece
it will not last as long maybe but long enough to save up for a Harnois set that is good for the long run aswell

I'm pretty sure Odi/blueroc plate armor would be super expensive, even if you used blueroc for the plates instead of odimel.

180 Bronze ingots = 54 gold
93 steel ingots = 372 gold (I think its around 4g an ingot)

48 odi plates = 144 odi ingots = 1440g if you somehow get the ingots for 10g each (that's about the same price for blueroc or odi I'd say). It's 43 hours of work to make the harnois + reinforcements. Meaning you could pay a rate of 23.5g per hour to make the harnois and it'd STILL be cheaper than making Odi/anything plate, if the people made it for free!

Ever since harnois was available to craft more widely plate armor has become somewhat obsolete. A set of copper/tin harnois is almost better than the only standard Odi/Steel plate and a tiny fraction of the cost. Steel/bronze harnois is better than Steel/Odi plate and still cheaper.

Sammenator
Citoyen

Postby Sammenator » Tue 24 May 2016, 08:47

yea for the buying it would be a lot more expensive
currently making this armor myself for my main so have 5 prospectors gathering odiemal fulltime
which makes it a more long term project so in that case the buying would be better for harnois if the armor is needed quickly xD

Valerian
Emperator

Postby Valerian » Tue 24 May 2016, 13:47

Sammenator wrote:yea for the buying it would be a lot more expensive
currently making this armor myself for my main so have 5 prospectors gathering odiemal fulltime
which makes it a more long term project so in that case the buying would be better for harnois if the armor is needed quickly xD

Buying or gathering yourself doesnt change the valuation of the product. You could just sell the odiemel you're mining and buy the steel/bronze parts. Just because you're getting it for "free" by mining it, it doesnt change the relative value of the goods in question.

Laerities/Volund
Bâtisseur

Postby Laerities/Volund » Tue 24 May 2016, 17:08

Sam, I didn't think it would take this long to have someone speak up, I have a bronze/steel harnois set and an bronze iron... Bronze iron is like 46 across except chest which is 47 across..

Bronze steel stats were posted I think but it has like 53 blunt/50 pierce/46 slashing or around there...

If your interested send me a message.

And val is right*
"Gold? Gold is no good out here" You think you are some kind of Jedi?? Only resources, no resources, no trade NO DEAL.

Laerities Watto

Sammenator
Citoyen

Postby Sammenator » Tue 24 May 2016, 21:51

I guess I have a different view of 'value' then xD
probably also my approach that is in thisone cause I try to craft as much a possible with my own characters
harnois recipe are unknown to me and look a lot more expensive due to the plates and reinforcements
so that's why I choose plate armor for myself

Sammenator
Citoyen

Postby Sammenator » Tue 24 May 2016, 21:57

Laerities/Volund wrote:Sam, I didn't think it would take this long to have someone speak up, I have a bronze/steel harnois set and an bronze iron... Bronze iron is like 46 across except chest which is 47 across..

Bronze steel stats were posted I think but it has like 53 blunt/50 pierce/46 slashing or around there...

If your interested send me a message.

And val is right*

bronze steel is actually doable, better than odiemal blueroc even in the quantities for the Harnois. and better stats so yea
got me there xD

Return to “Lanfar”