Where is your HQ, and why?

Yushi
Emperator
Realm: Fauconnia

Where is your HQ, and why?

Postby Yushi » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 13:48

Questions for all the guilds out there.

Where is your HQ located? (just the region is fine)

Why did you put it there?

I expect to see lots of Whitestone Fields. Easy materials, good location for transportation.

Include a picture of your HQ if you like.

Asking this because I plan to make my own guild in the coming months, and was considering putting the HQ somewhere in Lanfar. I'm debating between Loudthunder Forest & Giant Plains. I am fully aware of the difference in materials that would mean, and I think even the expansion speed, but would do it despite these factors.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Yushi
Emperator

Re: Where is your HQ, and why?

Postby Yushi » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 14:12

Oh, have a more general question also. It's about how constructability is calculated, and averaged. So, let's say I want to build my HQ in Giant Plains. I need to beat 30 plains. I decide to use Lanferite for most of the things, a maple thatch roof, and vendor cloth walls/roofs. I end up with 43, 43, 30, 43, 19, 19, 37, 37. I just add those up and divide by 8, right? So I get 33.875, which is plenty to beat the 30. Or is each piece weighted differently?

Alternatively, I get 29.25 if I use a mix of solone & sandstone, and still use vendor cloth roofs/walls. Hero gets 1 point, right? So that'd still beat it?
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Silentius
Citoyen

Postby Silentius » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 14:31

Whitestone planes near exit to Lanfar. Domain with factories is close to HQ. (screenshots later)

Reason: I am using limestone (no transportation) and acacia (just across the river) for castle because I don't need very high guild size.
And other resources (solone trunk, lanferite boulder, kryanite) are to be transported to HQ 1-2 times max making distance irrelevant.

Calculation:
I usually use reversed calculation:
plains land difficulty = 30
personal land strength = 1 (hardcoded, replaced by 5.2 if you use protosensor)
rounding gap = 0.5 (I've heard about issues on Macs with rounding)

Expected average component strength = (plains land difficulty) - (personal land strength) - (rounding gap) = 28.5

Expected total component strength = (Expected average component strength) * (number of components = 8) = 228 (rounded up if needed)

Your selected components total is 271 - much higher. Basically, you can use difference to replace some stone parts with lower level or even vendor (AFAIR sandstone works well for plains and is cheaper than lanferite).

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 15:04

Sandstone Vault, Sandstone Wall, Maple Thatch Roof, Lanferite Foundation, Hemp Roof, Hemp Wall, Sandstone Tower, Sandstone Fortification

~~4.1k sandstone blocks, 500 lanferite blocks, 2k maple planks, 2.5k hemp fibers, 3k hemp fabrics~~

Average of which beats 30 plains (29.625+1 hero)

This one seems decent.

Yushi
Emperator

Postby Yushi » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 16:32

Now I have to consider the Manor. Do Monoliths and Beams contribute to the constructability?

Silentius
Citoyen

Postby Silentius » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 16:46

Yushi wrote:Do Monoliths and Beams contribute to the constructability?

No

Return to “Lanfar”