Currency in countries that don't use USD or EUR

Eonkshu
Citoyen
Realm: Fauconnia

Currency in countries that don't use USD or EUR

Postby Eonkshu » Fri 25 Mar 2016, 00:00

May I ask about how currency choice should work in countries that don't use USD or EUR?
When I made a payment, I recall it was in USD, though I don't recall setting or changing any country or currency information while registering, probably my account apparently just has some default value left there. That was ok and relatively convenient actually.
But I wanted to check what the shop had available and tried to open without logging in - and received prices in Euro now. Observed a little, from what I see, going to the shop without logging in requires to select the country, and most countries as far as I see have Euro assigned, even those that don't use Euro actually, like in my case, and not changeable separately even to Dollars, or at least I don't see a way.
Can some clarification be given on this, please? I don't mean to bother the TS team with making changes to this, particularly now, I'd like to ask just in case if there's a reason for this and if I'm breaking something - if in such a situation I should switch to Euro payment anyway. Or doesn't really matter?

Hunter105
Citoyen

Re: Currency in countries that don't use USD or EUR

Postby Hunter105 » Fri 25 Mar 2016, 03:10

Well it can matter if you don't use either of those currencies and then make a payment credit/debit card because the bank you are using decides the conversion rate which can be heavily against you. I personally just assume a euro is 1.33x a usd.. other currencies may not remember the approximate conversion rates.

I think they should change payment options based on the language you have selected.

Eonkshu
Citoyen

Re: Currency in countries that don't use USD or EUR

Postby Eonkshu » Sun 27 Mar 2016, 00:15

Based on language proposition - I don't see how that may solve this, though thanks for trying to help :) And anyway didn't intend to divert Virtys from actually useful things by changing something in this.
What I meant to ask if it matters for Virtys which currency gets used where - so, looks like by default an account ends up with USD, but countries except for US have Euro assigned. I can switch to whichever Virtys says if needed. For me USD is more convenient though, Euro I haven't dealt with, may be extra headache - but I don't understand the reasoning behind assigning USD or EUR to a location, except for countries that actually use those, so wanted to ask how this should work.

Return to “Support and bugs reports”