unable to log into character ver 2

benedikt
Défricheur
Realm: Fauconnia

unable to log into character ver 2

Postby benedikt » Sat 09 Apr 2016, 00:08

Hello
I know Dorrinda has a similar thread here already, but mine is slightly different, so i started other thread.
I do get to the character select screen, but when i try to log onto a character, progress bar appears for some time, then i get "Login failed. Access denied." (FF, IE) or "Login failed. Unknown error: SocketError: TimedOut." (standalone client).
I do run win7 on my computer and what is interesting is that i didnt changed anything in time between when it worked and when it stopped working. there could have been some automatic software update in meantime tho, hard to say.
any suggestions?
thanks
ben

Morlock
Citoyen

Re: unable to log into character ver 2

Postby Morlock » Sat 09 Apr 2016, 06:25

I had the same thing just happen to me now, using IE. I was logged in fine with one character, but then it failed when I switched characters.

I am able to use the stand alone game client ok, but I can't log into one of my accounts because it uses a facebook login.

UPDATE: Firefox is working fine too, just not IE11 on Windows 7.

BlackWolf
Citoyen

Postby BlackWolf » Mon 11 Apr 2016, 20:04

If you have a router that is turned on 24/7 always remember to try pulling the power and giving it 10 seconds to clear before plugging it back in.
I've had this help on more than a few occasions, normally after I've had someone using the WiFi on the their phone.

benedikt
Défricheur

Postby benedikt » Tue 12 Apr 2016, 08:57

BlackWolf wrote:If you have a router that is turned on 24/7 always remember to try pulling the power and giving it 10 seconds to clear before plugging it back in.
I've had this help on more than a few occasions, normally after I've had someone using the WiFi on the their phone.

thank you, tried it but it didnt help

Return to “Support and bugs reports”